How do you stop the bad thoughts?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Completely understand where this guy is coming from. I have negative thoughts all the time.

Just exercise, if you can. Do it for twenty minutes, high aerobic activity. It really does help depression.

And it will raise your Seratonin levels.
I think most of the forum members on here share the same situation. Like I said before, not everyone has the same coping skills. I have more anxiety than depression. Also, not only does exercise help but just stop comparing yourself to other people. Don't always think when you see a tall, good looking, NW1, his life is so much better than yours. If he has insecurities and low confidence, he is going to experience alot of misery, anxiety, depression and miss out alot on life. Trust me, I was one of those people. Fred has more confidence than I did when I was his age and he was bald. And confidence does play a role in how you think and react.
I have met guys that look like male models on so many anti-psychotics it would make your head spin.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
If guys that look like models are on anti-psychotics then it is even less likely that I will have a normal life as a bald short guy.
Define "normal"?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Job, girlfriend, social life. A bald guy can have all that. But he's always going to be on the verge of losing it all easily.

People don't like to hire bald men, women don't fall easily in love with bald boyfriends, and when you don't have a job and a girlfriend, you become easily depressed, say goodbye to your social life.
Fred, that is your definition. I want to hear his? A normal life for me would be if I had no negative thoughts, insecurities, anxiety, and depression or envy. That is my definition of normal. However, that is a fantasy world. However, it still my definition of a normal life.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse;1309978 A normal life for me would be if I had no negative thoughts said:
If we add good health to that, then that'd be close to a perfect life for me.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
If we add good health to that, then that'd be close to a perfect life for me.
Yes, I forgot that too. Joan, the only way to life that life is to change your perspective on your thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

My point to all this is you can't live a normal life if you don't have normal thoughts. If you think you can't you won't, its that simple.

shookwun

Reaction score
Fred, that is your definition. I want to hear his? A normal life for me would be if I had no negative thoughts, insecurities, anxiety, and depression or envy. That is my definition of normal. However, that is a fantasy world. However, it still my definition of a normal life.

I agree with this.

Normal can vary from person to person. I consider normal being able to function within society, not having burdened insecurities, and anxious feelings that prevent me from being the person I want to be.

Healthy activities of a normal functioning human being might include being social, having a job and girlfriend, but that doesn't define what a normal person is.

I think being normal is a matter of being able to function within this open sand box we currently live in.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Medicine..in this,you will meet 1000 new people everyday in government college..
almost 90 percent people overestimated my age...few though i am above 30--35..when i was fat(about 25% body fat level)...

now my face have become leaner after losing wt 2 years back..

To the person who posted this thread..
Are you gaining weight...if yes..excercise..
are u falling in love/crush.. wait making a move..

also avoid usage of facebook ..because facebook may be the site u are visiting in your computer usage...

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Job, girlfriend, social life. A bald guy can have all that. But he's always going to be on the verge of losing it all easily.

People don't like to hire bald men, women don't fall easily in love with bald boyfriends, and when you don't have a job and a girlfriend, you become easily depressed, say goodbye to your social life.

that is such a crock of **** 'people don't like to hire bald men'
ok tell me why the **** i got a job at ubs as an analyst when i went to the interview, assessment centre, and partner interview with a shaved head and beat hundreds of other applications for the position?
you are ****ing clueless and deluded because you lost your hair so early

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this.

Normal can vary from person to person. I consider normal being able to function within society, not having burdened insecurities, and anxious feelings that prevent me from being the person I want to be.

Healthy activities of a normal functioning human being might include being social, having a job and girlfriend, but that doesn't define what a normal person is.

I think being normal is a matter of being able to function within this open sand box we currently live in.

^

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
Only with HR women, I pass all my screening interviews thanks to my looks, and well, my credentials too, I hope.

It gets tougher when I meet the managers, I went for a position of data analyst too, f-cked it up and not because of my hair.

I wasn't prepared and couldn't reassure them that I wouldn't quickly bail. I also couldn't concentrate because of my personal problems (you know, the thread I made).

But the HR women, all they care about is how your present yourself, your looks, your charm. I just know this.

I know women who work in HR and they've admitted helping candidates that they find cute. That's just how it is.

Halo effect. Women don't want short, bald, uglier men to be hired. They just don't feel it for these guys!

Anyway, I've been taking advantage of this. I just have to refine my approach when I meet the (male) managers.

Fred, have you thought about working at the airport or metro station?

shookwun

Reaction score
Fred should do border security.

Would be the best at screening people

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Fred, have you thought about working at the airport or metro station?

I see europeans got culturally enriched today. Good on them! Exactly what they wanted.

It is extremely improper of you to be making these kinds of remarks to a person living Brussels in this time of tragedy.

Norwood

Established Member
Reaction score
I had an internship as well and I literally could not function at all because I was obsessed with the girl who sat behind me and could not stop fantasizing about her, and being depressed that I will never get her due to my hairloss. I kept thinking "What's the point of working hard if I'm never going to be happy anyway?"

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
For me the only way would be a lobatomy..... because no matter how much cognitive brainwashing therapy you undergo, people will always remind you of your social standing. If I was a mentally vacant vegetable, then their words/looks/behavior cant hurt me. Either that or start sniping random fullheads from the clocktower.

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's an idea, maybe he can be a bald badass and sell drugs for a career, since he knows the law he can find loopholes and sell drugs to people, he could go to a nationally acredited school like oaksterdam and learn about the booming legal mary jane trade. All sorts of women like to 4:20 and drink, knock a few of em up without commitment and your straight pimping. What else could you want in life as a man. The list goes something like this,get a job,car, romantic interest, house, clothes, etc. These things are contemporary in todays society, imagine this scenario, you sell a key a year and you chop it up, than bam 100K is in your hands, while you wait for your contacts to sell it and play video games at your place of residency, this beats any degree you can get, you wonder why the national deficit has reached record levels, it's because people are selling things over the internet privately and other private places, everythings going private these days because the taxes are too high to buy and sell stuff unprivately and things like the auto sector are fastly losing their commodities.
Private sales are the wave of the future, my friends, I wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do. I hope this doesn't get erased because I have a point, thanks.

camilstar

Reaction score
Well i think you should change your thoughts for example think only at what you want ,be careful what you think in your head and if you dont like that change it with a good one .Also a tehnique that i use it being grateful all day for minor things

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
U have the same situation like me..
We cannot do anything..

But ..
Atleast for few time..
Forget about failure in love life..and just look at the people you love...
Love them..make them happy..
Make them proud of u..

Try to be like someone who do not care about hairloss..

I have really been destroyed by this..
But this girl..do not even care for me..
Why should I suffer then ...

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get that, but they can't just say, "what norwood are you" to understand their true physical insecurities. Try saying this.

-what norwood are you
- how tall are you
- how attractive are you
- how much money do you make
- how big is your penis
- how insecure are you in general
- describe your childhood and how you were parented
- describe every relationship you've been in, in complete detail
- What body type are you

You think that all these aren't related to the impact losing hair has on an individual??? You are a NW3 as a 5'6" completely ugly dude with a small dick and no job, with parents that constantly put you down and women who repeatedly cheated on you... you are going to PRAY you are a 6'2" good looking bald dude. straight up. THIS is the simple reason I like to find out more about a person before I look at some photo and say, "f*ck off NW2, you don't know what suffering is"...

Argue with this... go on... there is NO argument that can refute this.

Exactly. Someone who grew up with supportive parents who were taught not to be hateful, emphasized building healthy relationships, etc. will also place less importance on hair. The degree of how well-adjusted you are will largely determine how you deal with baldness. I'm probably Norwood 1.5 or 2 and I'm dealing with it way less gracefully than a lot of NW6s.

Everyone brings a unique experience.