how effective is a laser hair comb for a 17 year old?

Reaction score
im 17 and i have thinning hair and reciding hair. Hairloss runs in the family, how effective is a laser comb? is it safe ? waht kind of haircombs are FDA approved? May i put the laser on my hairline area to get new growth? Can cancer be caused since im putting lasers near my head?

magid

Reaction score
mostly ineffective. i suggest you get on minoxidil 5%.

if hairloss gets worse jump on propecia.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
^^^ straight forward and no nonsense advice. You can almost tell who's winning the hair loss game just by their 1st hand recommendations.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
forget the brand or type. Whats important is the wavelength of the diodes, and the power of them. laser combs usually have 9 x 650nm(wavelength) 5mw (power)diodes. some only have one reflected into 9 with mirrors.

clinics use 100+ of these same diodes. Im not saying it works, because i honestly dont know, but if u want to give urself the best chance, and get the same treatment that costs thousands at clinics, then get a device with 100+ 650nm, 5mw diodes. a device like this will cost between 500 - 1000$ the diodes only cost 3$ each, so its also easy to make one urself. Ive done it myself, but i got lazy with it and sold it.

just to clarify, i really wont get drawn into a debate about whether or not laser treatment works or not, evidence is pretty anecdotal.

just saying he can get the same treatment sold for thousands in a clinic for cheap, rather than paying 700$ for 9 x 3$ diodes. Im just trying to save the man some money.

one thing for sure is a lasercomb will do nothing.