How I combated the sides from finasteride.

racer_101

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong area!A little background about me. I'm currently 23 with some pretty heavy thinning in the middle and crown portion of my head. I lost a bunch of weight about 3 years ago and within about 6 months my head itched like no other, and BAM! Started to thin out pretty drastically. Well it took me about 2 years to really notice that my hair was thinning (I have blonde hair). Once I did notice (From a wonderful Co-worker who insisted on being an ***) I started doing research right away to figure out what was going on. Then I went to a derm and she told me it was diffused thinning due to rapid weight loss. I was pretty pissed off to be honest lol. Just spent all this time and effort trying to look better, and be healthier, then my damn hair starts going to ****! She recommended Minoxidil. So I was using Minoxidil 2x a day. Foam in the morning, Liquid at night. Along with nizoral EOD. That made me shed so bad for 2 months. I didnt really mind the shed because it made me more optimistic about the whole thing. So after 5 months my hair really started to thicken up, I was pretty ecstatic!.....Then I missed 3 days due to vacation and it all started shedding again -_-. Thats when I went back and got Finasteride. I took 1mg a day for about 2 weeks. But the sides were so bad. My nipples hurt like crazy, it was really hard to get an erection and it was just not a fun time. So then I stayed off for 3 weeks and started doing .5mg EOD, but the sides were still there, granted not AS bad because I had that in-between night were it kinda settled down. Eventually, about 3 weeks of that, I stopped taking it again because it just wasn't letting up. I started doing more research and read about the increase in estrogen due to taking finasteride. I asked the derm and she said it can raise the levels of estrogen, but its different for everyone. For 3 months now I've been taking- .5mg of finasteride EOD .25mg of liquid Arimidex EODMinoxidil 1x a day before bedNizoral EOD I take finasteride and Arimidex at the same time and in 3 months, I've never had one side. Arimidex lowers estrogen. So by lowering the estrogen and increasing the free test in my body, it has effectively taken away the sides for me! I know this would not work for everyone. Our bodies are all different. But it seems pretty common from what I've read that higher estrogen levels while on finasteride have occured, accompanied by sides. So far I've went through a pretty serious shed that's just now starting to settle down. Even though its very early, my hair has not gotten any worse. I feel great! Erections are just as good if not better than before. My libido has actually gone way way up! No tender nipples or burning sensation. Just wanted to let everyone know what worked for me to get rid of sides. I know a lot of people are very hesitant about "messing with hormones" but I have a relative who's an MD and also my family physician. I've had blood work done once when I started, and about 2 weeks ago and everything is normal, besides the increase in testosterone as I mentioned before. Hope this was helpful to anyone!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry none of the spacing worked! Idk what happened there.

ottomanboy

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong area!A little background about me. I'm currently 23 with some pretty heavy thinning in the middle and crown portion of my head. I lost a bunch of weight about 3 years ago and within about 6 months my head itched like no other, and BAM! Started to thin out pretty drastically. Well it took me about 2 years to really notice that my hair was thinning (I have blonde hair). Once I did notice (From a wonderful Co-worker who insisted on being an ***) I started doing research right away to figure out what was going on. Then I went to a derm and she told me it was diffused thinning due to rapid weight loss. I was pretty pissed off to be honest lol. Just spent all this time and effort trying to look better, and be healthier, then my damn hair starts going to ****! She recommended Minoxidil. So I was using Minoxidil 2x a day. Foam in the morning, Liquid at night. Along with nizoral EOD. That made me shed so bad for 2 months. I didnt really mind the shed because it made me more optimistic about the whole thing. So after 5 months my hair really started to thicken up, I was pretty ecstatic!.....Then I missed 3 days due to vacation and it all started shedding again -_-. Thats when I went back and got Finasteride. I took 1mg a day for about 2 weeks. But the sides were so bad. My nipples hurt like crazy, it was really hard to get an erection and it was just not a fun time. So then I stayed off for 3 weeks and started doing .5mg EOD, but the sides were still there, granted not AS bad because I had that in-between night were it kinda settled down. Eventually, about 3 weeks of that, I stopped taking it again because it just wasn't letting up. I started doing more research and read about the increase in estrogen due to taking finasteride. I asked the derm and she said it can raise the levels of estrogen, but its different for everyone. For 3 months now I've been taking- .5mg of finasteride EOD .25mg of liquid Arimidex EODMinoxidil 1x a day before bedNizoral EOD I take finasteride and Arimidex at the same time and in 3 months, I've never had one side. Arimidex lowers estrogen. So by lowering the estrogen and increasing the free test in my body, it has effectively taken away the sides for me! I know this would not work for everyone. Our bodies are all different. But it seems pretty common from what I've read that higher estrogen levels while on finasteride have occured, accompanied by sides. So far I've went through a pretty serious shed that's just now starting to settle down. Even though its very early, my hair has not gotten any worse. I feel great! Erections are just as good if not better than before. My libido has actually gone way way up! No tender nipples or burning sensation. Just wanted to let everyone know what worked for me to get rid of sides. I know a lot of people are very hesitant about "messing with hormones" but I have a relative who's an MD and also my family physician. I've had blood work done once when I started, and about 2 weeks ago and everything is normal, besides the increase in testosterone as I mentioned before. Hope this was helpful to anyone!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry none of the spacing worked! Idk what happened there.

soon or later finasteride will take your ballz ... be careful with that chemical ... hair or ballz, just decide.

g.i joey

Reaction score
omg ottoman, shut the **** up dude. its one thing to warn people it may be a better decision to not take finasteride, but finasteride wont sneak up on you at night and chop off your balls, my balls are as big and bulky as they were 4 months ago, pre finasteride.

To OP, you addressed the main root of side effects. its the raised estrogen that actually ****s with us, its not the lack of dht. But they do kind of go hand in hand, but if you can get estrogen under control then you're good. Unfortunately i only have letrozole in my home and i am a little hesitant at using it regularly so i just deal with my sides, which are constipation and difficulty losing weight as easily as 5 months ago. I have dosed letro once or twice in the past couple months and it does help. Thanks for the advice and who knows, maybe after a couple months you'll take your anti e less and less and you'll be ok without it. good luck man!

racer_101

Reaction score
omg ottoman, shut the **** up dude. its one thing to warn people it may be a better decision to not take finasteride, but finasteride wont sneak up on you at night and chop off your balls, my balls are as big and bulky as they were 4 months ago, pre finasteride. To OP, you addressed the main root of side effects. its the raised estrogen that actually ****s with us, its not the lack of dht. But they do kind of go hand in hand, but if you can get estrogen under control then you're good. Unfortunately i only have letrozole in my home and i am a little hesitant at using it regularly so i just deal with my sides, which are constipation and difficulty losing weight as easily as 5 months ago. I have dosed letro once or twice in the past couple months and it does help. Thanks for the advice and who knows, maybe after a couple months you'll take your anti e less and less and you'll be ok without it. good luck man!
Yeah man it has literally taken every side effect away! What was explained to me is that men who produce large amounts of DHT, obviously have large amounts of Test in their system. So when you get on something like finasteride, it can spike the estrogen levels pretty badly, which is why some men have such bad side effects. Arimidex is pretty easy to find. I bought mine online.

alitaher2009

Reaction score
Yeah man it has literally taken every side effect away! What was explained to me is that men who produce large amounts of DHT, obviously have large amounts of Test in their system. So when you get on something like finasteride, it can spike the estrogen levels pretty badly, which is why some men have such bad side effects. Arimidex is pretty easy to find. I bought mine online.

really good post bro, i am also taking propecia 1mg thrice a week and getting
erection issues. Just wanted to know whether i can use normal 1mg arimidex pills
as liquid version is not available in my country.

mjg90

Reaction score
You should cut down to .25mg finasteride 3x a week and add 50mg of zinc, taken twice daily at 25mg (morning and night). Zinc can be used as a natural AI, so it would defiantly recommend trying it before use adex.