I am going to try herbal treatments

G

Thanks for the comments all.

Lygodium japonicum sounds interesting, but not sure how I could use this for my scalp.

cuebald

Reaction score
So far, the hair on my left and right arms remain the same (been using Lavender oil on the left only for about a week and a half). There could be slightly more hair, but it's probably placebo. I recieve a camera in 3-5 days so I shall upload pictures.

I've been using Licorice with glycyrrhizin on my beard, and on my left leg and chest. (I'm using it on my left leg to compare results.)
So far, I've noticed no difference - I will have to wait a lot longer to see results.
I will post images when my camera arrives.

FYI, I have shaved the areas before applying - note they are not clean shaven, they are "stubbly" shaven.

G

How is it going cuebald?

I managed to take a picture of my current here which I have included below. I am 23 and still have a good amount of hair. Picture was taking at night time and when my hair was damp, so it looks worse than it does if it was dry but anyway...

myhair.jpg

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can see slight thin spot but it could very well be the lighting. Goten you have a great amout of hair. Although im not a bad norwood by real hairloss standards i cant grow my fringe like that its too thin now. Better yet if your certain your losing your hair then your attitude is right. Early intervention it best way to maintain what you have.

G

follicle84 said:
I can see slight thin spot but it could very well be the lighting. Goten you have a great amout of hair. Although im not a bad norwood by real hairloss standards i cant grow my fringe like that its too thin now. Better yet if your certain your losing your hair the your attitude is right. Early intervention it best way to maintain what you have.

The reason you can see my thinning is because of the lighting so yes, you are correct. Without lighting, I cannot notice my thinning but with lighting, it's very obvious to me. I am so worried about this, they say stress can cause you to lose your hair, well I am stressing out! I still refuse to try the FDA approved drugs, I don't want to risk having those side effects, only to then quit the drugs and lose all the hair I regrown.

As I said, I will try these oils for at least 6 months, so far, I am 1 month in. The only thing I can notice is my hair loss has decreased by ALOT, although I have to say, my hair looks worse than it did in January...

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My personal oppinion on topical oils is that at best they can reduce shedding and protect the scalp which can prevent hairloss to a small degree. I dont think they will save your hair and certainly wont give you regrowth. :(

G

follicle84 said:
My personal oppinion on topical oils is that at best they can reduce shedding and protect the scalp which can prevent hairloss to a small degree. I dont think they will save your hair and certainly wont give you regrowth. :(

Perhaps you are right, but I will not ignore the articles, stories and what not that says these oils can help the battle against baldness. Just because something isn't proved to work, doesn't mean it won't work. The FDA won't even test the effectiveness of oils as it's not classed as food or a drug (correct me if I am wrong) so there is never a chance for these things to be FDA approved. I hear stories from friends across the world and read up on tribal history which say these may work, so I will give it a go.

Things like the Scottish study can pride evidence to these claims and although it's not much, you cannot ignore it.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
True i might be being biased. Im only relying off things scientifically proven to work. But just because there isnt enough evidence of something working doesnt mean it doesnt work. Wish you luck with your experiment. I'm also researching alternatives to minoxidil and propecia. So far i got ProxyN, Nanoguard A and Virilemane.

G

follicle84 said:
True i might be being biased. Im only relying off things scientifically proven to work. But just because there isnt enough evidence of something working doesnt mean it doesnt work. Wish you luck with your experiment. I'm also researching alternatives to minoxidil and propecia. So far i got ProxyN, Nanoguard A and Virilemane.

Thanks, one of the ingredients in Virile Mane is Emu Oil which is one of the oils I use. I will keep everyone posted, whether good or bad.

G

Hi, I do not have a very good camera but if you look at page 2 of this thread, you will see a before picture.

I have been at this now for almost 2 months, nothing to report and certainly no regrowth. Still early days, I am comitted to stay with this until the end (unless I order A&G hair complex)

Kickboxa

Reaction score
Hi and Sorry to hear that, i sow u r using a very long list of oils and vitamins hope ull get better results latter on
Dont u think that A&G is a little bit overpriced and might be a possible scam ? Or u found some good reviews about it ? If so i would like to hear more about it if its possible.

G

Kickboxa said:
Hi and Sorry to hear that, i sow u r using a very long list of oils and vitamins hope ull get better results latter on
Dont u think that A&G is a little bit overpriced and might be a possible scam ? Or u found some good reviews about it ? If so i would like to hear more about it if its possible.

I use a good variety of oils but only 2 vitamins (B complex and D).

About A&G, Several people here and on other hair loss forums are trying A&G hair complex as we speak, some have even used up all 5 vials and are now waiting. After a month, we should have a good idea if this product is a scam or not, but I really doubt it. The doctor answers questions on hairloss fight forum, you can talk to him over the phone, he advertises conferences he is appearing in, he sends out replacement vials if they get damaged or lost in the post. Also his other products that have been out a few years now have good reviews... these are not things scammers do.

If the product shows promise, I would probably purchase it, but it's expensive, you're right.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Emu oil just might help with hairloss. I've done some research and there seems to be references to studies which claim emu oil can activate dormant and resting hair follicles and prolong their life. Emu oil contains vitamins which can aid in hair growth and repair. Emu oil absorbs into the scalp without clogging pores meaning it takes these nutrients straight to the hair follicles and skin. The result of which is a secondary source of nutrients which can enable further growth. Emu oil is also anti inflammatory.

G

follicle84 said:
Emu oil just might help with hairloss. I've done some research and there seems to be references to studies which claim emu oil can activate dormant and resting hair follicles and prolong their life. Emu oil contains vitamins which can aid in hair growth and repair. Emu oil absorbs into the scalp without clogging pores meaning it takes these nutrients straight to the hair follicles and skin. The result of which is a secondary source of nutrients which can enable further growth. Emu oil is also anti inflammatory.

Yes, so I hear which is why emu oil was one of the first oils I purchased. a 500ml 100% pure emu oil bottle from ebay cost £15 and I still have over half of it left after 2 months. Below is a link featuring emu oil:

http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.com/2 ... -hair.html

Can anyone here identify oils I am using that could potentially clog my scalp pores? and list others I am using that would open them up?

G

I would still like answers to my above question "Can anyone here identify oils I am using that could potentially clog my scalp pores? and list others I am using that would open them up?"

UPDATE:

Very hard to tell what is going on. Sometimes I feel like my hair is looking better, and sometimes I think OMG my hair looks bad. What I can say is prior to using the oils, my hair got greasy after approx 24 hours but now I can go for over 3 days and my hair does not get greasy at all.

I am still losing hair, short and long but the hair that is shedding just looks thicker and feels a lot stronger (not sure if this really matters though). Hair overall feels thicker but I cannot tell if this is working or not in regards to regrowth and my poor camera won't help. I still have a few months left yet, let's see what happens.