I dont feel reivita is that good...

barcafan

Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
barcafan said:
You ONLY go with a topical only regime (IF you're serious about keeping your hair) If you had no sucess on finasteride NOR dutasteride.

Not true

And therein lies your problem.

I really dont get you dude....you have NEVER Tried finasteride, instead of being a whiney pussy and advocating its side effects, why dont you TRY it? maybe you'll be like the other 90%+ of people who have no side effects except better hair?

Why take a gamble on trying 50 differnet topicals (Which you're probably only going to give up after 1 month max if they dont seem like they're working for you) and loosing ground when you can take A PILL A DAY (and have a GOOD chance of not getting ANY sides) and nullify most of your hairloss and maybe get regrowth....

Jm0311

Reaction score
yes i totally understand you barcafan...i actually went at got a 15 day supply of Propecia in my car which i plan on taking .25 a day. for awhile but im gonna talk to a doctor first and maybe get some tests done...right now its in my car lol and im not taking it yet.....but i think emu oil will be good to use no matter what though.

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
And therein lies your problem.

I really dont get you dude....you have NEVER Tried finasteride, instead of being a whiney pussy and advocating its side effects, why dont you TRY it? maybe you'll be like the other 90%+ of people who have no side effects except better hair?

Why take a gamble on trying 50 differnet topicals (Which you're probably only going to give up after 1 month max if they dont seem like they're working for you) and loosing ground when you can take A PILL A DAY (and have a GOOD chance of not getting ANY sides) and nullify most of your hairloss and maybe get regrowth....

I agree that he's a nutcase. His threads can be quite annoying as it's just repetition and he seems to not grasp any of the knowledge somehow. And then asks questions over and over despite the responses.

But I disagree in the topical statements. I wouldn't recommend finasteride or dutasteride depending on the kind of hair loss one is experiencing. So for instance, if one is experiencing slow hair loss, and it's only happening in the temples region (a small area), I'd recommend a topical regimen. And if the topical regimen fails, then I'd recommend finasteride.

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
RadioRaheem said:
I agree that he's a nutcase. His threads can be quite annoying as it's just repetition and he seems to not grasp any of the knowledge somehow. And then asks questions over and over despite the responses.

But I disagree in the topical statements. I wouldn't recommend finasteride or dutasteride depending on the kind of hair loss one is experiencing. So for instance, if one is experiencing slow hair loss, and it's only happening in the temples region (a small area), I'd recommend a topical regimen. And if the topical regimen fails, then I'd recommend finasteride.

I think this is simply bad advice. Finasterides strongest point is maintenance not regrowth. For this reason it is obvious that one should get on finasteride as soon as they get definite signs of balding. Also, people rarely stick with the topical regime. Taking a pill is so much easier and works so much better. Any worries about side effects is just plain stupid:

"A small number of men had sexual side effects, with each occurring in less than 2% of men...In addition, these side effects decreased to 0.3% of men or less by the fifth year of treatment" (http://www.propecia.com/finasteride/pro ... safety.jsp)

IBM

Reaction score
If a guy want to take finasteride he must be mentalized that he may get side effects and be prepared to accept it.

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
If a guy want to take finasteride he must be mentalized that he may get side effects and be prepared to accept it.

See that is probably peoples biggest mistake. Consider this: the Placebo group during the trial had similiar rates of side effects. This means that it is purely psychological. Therefore, if you believe you will get side effects your chances of getting them will double.

Guy Legend

Established Member
Reaction score
Talk about a lame thread. You said you don't feel that Revita is any good, but didn't say why at all. A whole lot of posting about nothing..... :roll:

barcafan

Reaction score
Guy Legend said:
Talk about a lame thread. You said you don't feel that Revita is any good, but didn't say why at all. A whole lot of posting about nothing..... :roll:

Are you new here?

Because that's what JM is known for...

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
Balding_1 said:
I think this is simply bad advice. Finasterides strongest point is maintenance not regrowth. For this reason it is obvious that one should get on finasteride as soon as they get definite signs of balding. Also, people rarely stick with the topical regime. Taking a pill is so much easier and works so much better. Any worries about side effects is just plain stupid:

"A small number of men had sexual side effects, with each occurring in less than 2% of men...In addition, these side effects decreased to 0.3% of men or less by the fifth year of treatment" (http://www.propecia.com/finasteride/pro ... safety.jsp)

A topical regime can work for maintenance as well. And especially more than likely to work with those who are experiencing only a little hair loss, and not very aggressive hair loss or the dreaded diffuse thinning. Also, with finasteride, although most don't experience side effects, there are studies that show despite that, there is loss in sperm count. Lastly, remember that the long-term effects of finasteride are unknown. But regardless, if someone's hair loss is quite aggressive, I'd suggest to hop on finasteride. But I dont suggest that for someone who's hair loss is so slow, its taken 5 or 7 years just for their hair loss in the temple region to become noticeable. For that kind of individual, a topical regime for spironolactone Cream (and/or Copper Peptides) and minoxidil should work and would be safer.

CCS

Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
i was looking into getting NANO shampoo but is that for diffuse thinners??? only my front is thinning i dont need anything that will mess with the rest of my head.

Then use less and just on your front. Simple. Save money.