I guess things aren´t working well

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
So i´ve been on finasteride for 9 months and using some sort of minoxidil for 1 and 9 months (Been using rogaine foam for about 9 months) but my hair is the worse it has been, i have lots of itching and i feel there´s an increase in hairs falling off when i wash my hair in the morning.,

Is there any other thing i can take to fight at least the itching? I guess that is caused by inflammation due to my follicles being attacked. If it stops maybe my hair will improve...

Anyway i just wanted to hear similar stories from you...should i stick with the treatments or drop them and shave my hair?

My spirits should be higher than they are at the moment but it feels there´s no hope fighting this.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
magid said:
Nizoral 2% shampoo and/or tGel.

I use Nizoral 2% already and sometimes i use more times weekly than recommended.

What about not having results with finasteride/Minoxidil? Need to hear some more testimonials from other people because this is demoralizing.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
If you're still losing hair and the itching has continued even though you've been on finasteride, the only other real option you have is dutasteride.

Try it, see how it works.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
FabioM said:
So i´ve been on finasteride for 9 months and using some sort of minoxidil for 1 and 9 months (Been using rogaine foam for about 9 months) but my hair is the worse it has been, i have lots of itching and i feel there´s an increase in hairs falling off when i wash my hair in the morning.,

Is there any other thing i can take to fight at least the itching? I guess that is caused by inflammation due to my follicles being attacked. If it stops maybe my hair will improve...

Anyway i just wanted to hear similar stories from you...should i stick with the treatments or drop them and shave my hair?

My spirits should be higher than they are at the moment but it feels there´s no hope fighting this.

Does hair loss run in the family?

If no - get a scalp biopsy done to accurately diagnose your alopecia.

If yes, and androgenic alopecia is implicated, and if your hair loss is aggressive - you might want to take JohnNYC's treatment route using topical dutasteride. There are several discussions about it over at regrowth.

If you are not planning on being a father anytime soon, you could also think about taking it orally. Be forewarned, it's a much more potent medication compared to finasteride with an extremely long half-life, but if you're sides free, it may be the way to go.

Some previous dialogue on topical dutasteride:

Page 83 - 87
http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-topic/25445/page83

If you are not considering going all out "nuclear" by using the above, I might be able to suggest something for your itching:

"My minoxidil induced flaking/itchy scalp has *completely* halted."

^^
In reference to beginning copper peptides with Minoxidil. 3rd post
http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-topic/25445/page88

Take it for what it's worth.