I just gave up

G

Ok, that's it. I've officially given up. I'm bald, and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm 24, so that's tough sh*t. I'm going to barber today to get my head shaved again (I did it for the 1st time in October). The amount of hair I've lost since last May is f*****g ridiculous. I've used finasteride 1.25 mg a day since June 9th, and I feel that it hasn't helped at all, maybe vice versa. My twin brother who was probably a bit balder than me last summer has a lot more hair than I do now. He hasn't been on any treatments. So finasteride definitely isn't a solution for everyone. Good luck to you all.

G

sorry to hear that bro. ever consider switching to dutasteride? finasteride just might not be strong enough for you but i cant imagine dutasteride not holding your hair in place.

just a thought. good luck with whatever you decide. you've got a good head for rocking the shaved look.

G

JayMan said:
sorry to hear that bro. ever consider switching to dutasteride? finasteride just might not be strong enough for you but i cant imagine dutasteride not holding your hair in place.

just a thought. good luck with whatever you decide. you've got a good head for rocking the shaved look.

Can't use dutasteride. Impossible to get it here in Finland, can't get a prescription (doctors won't probably prescribe it for hairloss) so I would have to order it from overseas. Then again, the medicines always go through toll in here and buying medicines without a prescription is illegal. So, no way I guess. dutasteride would probably be too expensive aswell since I am not employed, but a student.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Try using minoxidil if you feel you can handle the 2 per day applications. Some will say it cannot halt your hairloss and it is just a hair growth stimulant, but my dermatologist and my head say different.

G

sphlanx2006 said:
Try using minoxidil if you feel you can handle the 2 per day applications. Some will say it cannot halt your hairloss and it is just a hair growth stimulant, but my dermatologist and my head say different.

I can't use minoxidil. Actually I think it's mostly to blame for my accelerated hairloss. I tried minoxidil for 2 weeks in July. At that time my scalp became VERY irritated and I lost ridiculous amount of hair. In 2 weeks for f***'s sake! Couple of times I even woke up at night to scratch my head, the pain was that bad. I feel my scalp has never properly recovered from that although I stopped using it after 2 weeks.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
sphlanx2006 said:

I can't use minoxidil. Actually I think it's mostly to blame for my accelerated hairloss. I tried minoxidil for 2 weeks in July. At that time my scalp became VERY irritated and I lost ridiculous amount of hair. In 2 weeks for f***'s sake! Couple of times I even woke up at night to scratch my head, the pain was that bad. I feel my scalp has never properly recovered from that although I stopped using it after 2 weeks.

Were you using nizoral too? That should have helped with the skin irritation...

G

haunted-ballroom said:
[quote="GrowHairGrow!":182c4]
sphlanx2006 said:

Were you using nizoral too? That should have helped with the skin irritation...[/quote:182c4]

Yeah I was. Too bad that Nizoral only made my scalp even more dry and flaky.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
Ok, that's it. I've officially given up. I'm bald, and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm 24, so that's tough $#iT. I'm going to barber today to get my head shaved again (I did it for the 1st time in October). The amount of hair I've lost since last May is f****ing ridiculous. I've used finasteride 1.25 mg a day since June 9th, and I feel that it hasn't helped at all, maybe vice versa. My twin brother who was probably a bit balder than me last summer has a lot more hair than I do now. He hasn't been on any treatments. So finasteride definitely isn't a solution for everyone. Good luck to you all.

i can tell you one thing and im sorry if that's beeing to harsh
you deserve to lose your hair!!
your a quitter
you could forsure keep it and get regrowth but you just dont like it enough to take the right steps
anyway if you change your mind here's what you should do
1.get on dutasteride you can find a way for it to get to you try to order it, you could also get a prescripotion for it in the net
2.minoxidil foam it works much better then the liquid its no hassle and it dose not irritate the skin something that mightr have caused you also hairloss.
there's many more things to add like spironolactone cream and copper pepptides

now for the money part - you say you cant afford it and i can also relate cuz im a student to but if you care enough about your hair youll find the money take a long term lone you can return after studying
it's up to you you could save your hair you just dont want it enough

besides you were only on finasteride for such a short time my brother has been on it for half a year and just a week ago he's shedding stopped

G

Damn, I know how you feel, mate. It has been six months for me as well and it is getting worse and worse. I have also thought about shaving it off since I see no stop of my hairloss, but I won´t give up yet. Give the foam a chance, most people are very pleased by the results. Also try dutasteride, it must be somehow possible to get it online without an prescription. Elitenet-pharmacy has it and they even accept payment by paypal if you ask them. At least try it, what else do you have to lose?

Nevertheless I think your head shape is fine for the shaved look. Sure, you would probably be better looking with hair but you are far from being ugly. Good Luck, mate!

G

Thanks for support everyone. It's wrong to call me a quitter since you don't know how bad my hair really is now. There's no way these treatments could return my hair to a satisfactory level... it's that simple. I ain't no quitter, I even tried the minoxidil like I told ya, that just wasn't for me. Bad luck, and now it's gone too far. I think that I'm a realist rather than a quitter.

Taugenichts, I really can't afford to *TRY* and order dutasteride, 'cause if and when the toll finds it and takes it away, that's a lot of lost money.

Sean68

Reaction score
sorry to hear that mate. you look decent with a shaved head though.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
Thanks for support everyone. It's wrong to call me a quitter since you don't know how bad my hair really is now. There's no way these treatments could return my hair to a satisfactory level... it's that simple. I ain't no quitter, I even tried the minoxidil like I told ya, that just wasn't for me. Bad luck, and now it's gone too far. I think that I'm a realist rather than a quitter.

Taugenichts, I really can't afford to *TRY* and order dutasteride, 'cause if and when the toll finds it and takes it away, that's a lot of lost money.

but you only started 3 months ago
what the f***?

G

roki said:
GrowHairGrow! said:

what the f***?

if im not mistaken i think he started on june 9th and not september 6th. but could be wrong.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
minoxidil will do nothing in 2 weeks man, in fact the ONLY thing it will do is irritate your scalp and encourage shedding.

give finasteride 12 months before you decide it doesn't work and call it quits.

i suggest trying rogaine foam for 6 months as well as keeping up with finasteride and nizoral. if you do that, you will grow hair. if not, you can at least convince us that you are giving up because it's not working, not because your a quitter.

with proper use these meds could save your hair. getting emotional about it and throwing in the towel in a huff will definately not save your hair.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
roki said:
GrowHairGrow! said:

what the f***?

06/09/06 = 9th of June 2006 in pretty much every country except the US. God knows why they do it...day/month/year is more logical than month/day/year.

G

Skaff said:
roki said:
GrowHairGrow! said:

what the f***?

06/09/06 = 9th of June 2006 in pretty much every country except the US. God knows why they do it...day/month/year is more logical than month/day/year.

no the us does do it that way.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Skaff said:
roki said:
GrowHairGrow! said:

what the f***?

no the us does do it that way.

Sorry I meant the other way around. US= month/day/year. Everywhere else= day/month/year.

G

To all those who still suggest using minoxidil. My scalp still hurts although I'm not using any topicals. I can hardly bear with the pain now, and it would be a huge risk to start minoxidil again. Any more shedding and my hair will be completely gone gone gone.

BTW: I'm not quitting finasteride, it's my only hope. But mentally, I've given up and prepared for baldness. At the moment I'm not losing any hair... can't even pull any hairs out. So dunno, too bad my hair is ridiculously thin ATM.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
To all those who still suggest using minoxidil. My scalp still hurts although I'm not using any topicals. I can hardly bear with the pain now, and it would be a huge risk to start minoxidil again. Any more shedding and my hair will be completely gone gone gone.

BTW: I'm not quitting finasteride, it's my only hope. But mentally, I've given up and prepared for baldness. At the moment I'm not losing any hair... can't even pull any hairs out. So dunno, too bad my hair is ridiculously thin ATM.

Do you think minoxidil magically creates new follicles out of thin air?

News flash: Your weak miniatorized hairs are shedding so that thick hairs can come back. You should celebrate each hair the falls out of your hair, as they are being kicked out so stronger ones can come in.

Do some research. Most all of the best responders are success stories follwed a massive shed. There is a direct link between large sheds and great responses.