I just gave up

G

WorldofWarcraft said:
GrowHairGrow! said:
To all those who still suggest using minoxidil. My scalp still hurts although I'm not using any topicals. I can hardly bear with the pain now, and it would be a huge risk to start minoxidil again. Any more shedding and my hair will be completely gone gone gone.

BTW: I'm not quitting finasteride, it's my only hope. But mentally, I've given up and prepared for baldness. At the moment I'm not losing any hair... can't even pull any hairs out. So dunno, too bad my hair is ridiculously thin ATM.

Do you think minoxidil magically creates new follicles out of thin air?

News flash: Your weak miniatorized hairs are shedding so that thick hairs can come back. You should celebrate each hair the falls out of your hair, as they are being kicked out so stronger ones can come in.

Do some research. Most all of the best responders are success stories follwed a massive shed. There is a direct link between large sheds and great responses.

Well minoxidil made my scalp hurt like hell like I told ya. It was impossible to live with that feeling, I had to scratch my head all the time. Anyway, I hope finasteride is working now since I'm not losing any hair at the moment.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
BTW: I'm not quitting finasteride, it's my only hope. But mentally, I've given up and prepared for baldness. At the moment I'm not losing any hair... can't even pull any hairs out. So dunno, too bad my hair is ridiculously thin ATM.

There is your problem my friend. Your attitude (language) believe it or not influences your results. In fact your attitude (language) or to put it better, your mental state of mind is a product of your environment which can certainly influence your internal biology.

You are the perfect example of a self-fulling prophecy.

You need to change your language. "I am going bald" or "I can't regrow my hair I've tried everything" are definitive words that define your existence in an absolute form.

If you continue to use this language for long enough, over time, your subconscious absorbs it as being the truth. Your subconscious mind can not distinguish between what is right or what is wrong, it only takes the context of what you say and makes it reality.

I know it's hard to swallow but it's true. Your language will define you. If you say you have no money and are poor then you never will have money and will always be poor. Just as he who says investing money is risky, seldom ever invests their money and when they do they are the biggest losers (monetarily) of all.

These are simple facts of life, by the way in which you speak to yourself influences not only your physical environment by your biological environment too.

I've said it before, thoughts can influence your cells which in turn influence your biology.
(This is a very important piece of information)

I go through ups and downs all the time and it's damn hard. Periods of feeling like sh!t are not fun however you have to re-arrange your mental state of mind, friend.

I may lose a profuse amount of hair per day but with all purpose I try not to associate loss with all inclusive words like can't, impossible or never because when you begin to make those correlations you start to close every door of opportunity you have to win a complex battle.

G

So, actually I'm quite positive at the moment... I don't see any hairs on my pillow in the morning and I can't pull them out. No, not a single one. So although my hair is ridiculously thin like I told you, I think I still have hope to return it to the baseline... which was when I started finasteride. Isn't that what finasteride should do after the shedding period? Return the hair state to baseline?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i thought you want to stop the finasteride so i said you are a quitter
so if you stick with it its ok then,it helps your hair in some way
and maybe when youll be able to afford it you could use a stronger regimen for regrowth

HairLessGR

Reaction score
Consult a great dermatologist about your irritated scalp and when everything settles down give the minoxidil foam a try. I hear it's tolerated better by the scalp. By the way, do you realise that your extreme shedding after 2 weeks on minoxidil is something very positive?

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
News flash: Your weak miniatorized hairs are shedding so that thick hairs can come back. You should celebrate each hair the falls out of your hair, as they are being kicked out so stronger ones can come in.

if we did this all of us here would be in a continual state of euphoria and partying all the time........I wish.

Mine are falling out and that's the last i'll see of them :cry:

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
Can't use dutasteride. Impossible to get it here in Finland, can't get a prescription (doctors won't probably prescribe it for hairloss) so I would have to order it from overseas. Then again, the medicines always go through toll in here and buying medicines without a prescription is illegal. So, no way I guess. dutasteride would probably be too expensive aswell since I am not employed, but a student.

f*** the po-lice...f*** f*** f*** the po-lice.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't my quote work?

Oh, that's from a rap song btw. f*** the Police by N.W.A. (Niggaz With Attitudes or however they spelled it)

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Good to read that you're not quitting. I understand where you're coming from man. Oddly enough, I started finasteride the exact same date as you (look at my regimen), and just a few weeks ago I was staring at my hair and thinking, "holy sh!t, my hair looks terrible now". I was going through that infamous first shed and I assume you were just going through that too. But ever since then I've been noticing much less hair in the shower drain, pillow, shoulders, etc. and recently my hair's starting to increase in density too.

It's unfortunate that you were having irritations from the minoxidil though cuz trust me, that shed you experienced 2 weeks in was a good sign. I had my shed 3-4 weeks in and it looked terrible as well, but within no time I was starting to experience some pretty good regrowth.

So when ppl tell you that you should give finasteride at least a year before quitting, they weren't lying. For many of us, the hair's gonna look a lot worse before it can look a lot better.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Nick4441 said:
...Mine are falling out and that's the last i'll see of them :cry:

If that is what you LEGITIMATELY believe then that is what you will get!

Self fulfilling prophecy.