i now have to accept this?

antonio666

Reaction score
i have come to the conclusion that i now have to accept this hair loss ,because i have become suicidal,in the last 3 months i have receded 1 inch at each temple now i am a norwood 2.5 and the desity has collapsed,however my hair is now apalling and has gone past the point of no return,avodart has been awful for me,oral spironolactone has been awful for me,although i may continue this fo r a short time maybe another 2 months to see if anthything come back,i will contine the proscar that i have recently started indefintley,what is too lose,i mean i am now bald in my eyes.

also i am going to seek proffessinal help and maybe i can have some sort of life again,i used to be really good looking now i am not simple as that,i never though life could be this hard,i am not looking for any sympathy because this is me finally trying to move on with my life,instead of checking my hair every hour ,i am going to try and look at it very breifly 1 time a day because i know that i will only get worse in the hair department
this has been a very swift balding because i only learnt of my balding 18 months ago and i made it to 26 with hair and then evil comes.
i am going to shave my head as now it is the only option,i know for the last 6 months i have talked some rubbish at times but the reason behind that was my heart was breaking and could nor believe what was happening to me.
There are some great guys on this site like sean68,ghg,ibm,taug and many more,i only wish we could have met in better circumstances,i will try to keep of this site as my priorty has to be my mind not my hair because maybe the mind is fixable the hair is not

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel you man.
I was thinking of the same thing recently. Shave them off and no more treatment.
How long has it been you're in hair loss treatment? I'm into the 7th mth, so I will give it a year before stopping this treatment.

I think every hair loss sufferer will have to end up accepting it. We can only hope that finasteride will be able to slow it down. Again, its just a matter of time, sooner or later.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
hope things get better for you!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Pics?

IBM

Reaction score
antonio666, i wish you the best happiness and i hope your hair will stabilize.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Have you considered a wig. I have been considering this option as of late. I'm sure if you spent loads of money on one... like ones they give those kids who haev cancer, it would look undetecatable. I still don't know much about them, I don't see even how you are supposed to put it on, but apparently its undetecatable, I find it hard to believe but I may go down this route in the future.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
wig?

never does this thing ever come across my mind. I think, I'd rather bald. I don't know why but I somehow don't like it

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that you are making this speech a little early in the game. Give your treatments time to work.

antonio666

Reaction score
blueshard said:
I think that you are making this speech a little early in the game. Give your treatments time to work.
no i do not think that i am giving this speech to early,1 year ago when i got on treatments it was out of vanity because even though i knew that i had lost 1cm at the temples i was just being cautios now under a year later i have lost about 50 % density and receded to a norwoood 2.5.

i am still going to take proscar daily and 200 oral spironolactone,however taking oral spironolactone has really accelarated my hair loss and have lost about 20% density in under 3 months,this is hard for me to say but it is the truth,got to be honest with myself,the hardest thing is that up until 3 months ago i used to walk into places and heads would turn now that will go but i suppose that is life

IBM

Reaction score
antonio666, you still have the luck of being with male pattern baldness only. Besides of male pattern baldness i've to strife against seb. dermatitis and flaking skin.

antonio666

Reaction score
IBM said:
antonio666, you still have the luck of being with male pattern baldness only. Besides of male pattern baldness i've to strife against seb. dermatitis and flaking skin.
are you having a laugh,i must have set a record for hair loss in the year of 2007

IBM

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
IBM said:
are you having a laugh,i must have set a record for hair loss in the year of 2007

Having a laugh? Are you joking? Did you took the T/DHT exam? I think not. We're just trying to helping you.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
antonio666 said:
blueshard said:
no i do not think that i am giving this speech to early,1 year ago when i got on treatments it was out of vanity because even though i knew that i had lost 1cm at the temples i was just being cautios now under a year later i have lost about 50 % density and receded to a norwoood 2.5.

i am still going to take proscar daily and 200 oral spironolactone,however taking oral spironolactone has really accelarated my hair loss and have lost about 20% density in under 3 months,this is hard for me to say but it is the truth,got to be honest with myself,the hardest thing is that up until 3 months ago i used to walk into places and heads would turn now that will go but i suppose that is life

Yeah I know how you feel, I think I might get a hair transplant soon, it will give me a few more years as NW1 and then hopefully HM will be on the horizion.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Or it could give you a few more years as a nw1 and the last 30yrs of your life as a bald man with just a low nw1 hairline.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Antonio, if you have a good looking face and keep in shape, losing your hair is not going to make you ugly. If you shave your head you will be a rugged good looking person. If you let yourself get fat and dress like a bum then you might not be so attractive looking. Don't lose confidence in yourself otherwise you are always going to see yourself as ugly. Don't follow in Taug's footsteps. Taug did not look any worse with a shaved head or with a full head of hair.

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Or it could give you a few more years as a nw1 and the last 30yrs of your life as a bald man with just a low nw1 hairline.

This true. I had temples put on the side of my head, and before they grew out, my hair receded 1/4 behind them. Or that was shock loss. Either way, it looks very funny. hair transplant does not grow out fast enough. It is a never ending battle. Don't mess up your sides. Just get a topper.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I thought that was a joke?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Masturbation has been linked in converting testosterone into DHT. Why then does it make absolutely no sense whatsoever that there is no possible co-relation?