I take my hat off to the US postal service..

G

Slartibartfast said:
To be fair I reckon the Royal Mail could manage a 4 day service from say, Bristol to London - though obviously not at Christmas when they have to assess each letter on its likely cash content.

LOL!!!! :) :) :lol: :D :D

binoculars

Reaction score
Brasileirao said:
Do they really lose it, do they.... or is there an overall conspiracy going on. Do you think that perhaps YOU, yes I said it, YOU!!! Pay off your mail man to 'accidently' lose your Jury Duty Summons. Huh, huh, huh...

Stay focused

Look ahead

Not back

Till late

Dicknoculars

Hello Anthony

Post can never be 'lost', it may from time to time become invisible to the 'so called' human eye, it sometimes chooses to do this, but this is not to say it no longer exists. If you do feel there is post due to you that may have cloaked itself simply close your eyes and focus on your 'so called' 'Postal eye' (see below) then reach out (not neccessarily physically) and feel the earnest cries of the wishes of all the 'so called' 'lost post'.

pnl1.jpg
center.jpg

In life, if the 'stamp' is not marked you can steam it off and 'use' it again.

Look outwards

Look inwards

Keep focused

Drink approx 1-1.5 litres of water a day

Binoculars.

G

I do think, however, its time to make the whole USPS system private...its the only way they will become more profitable. Freaking unions are a piece of crap at times, all the crapppy employees just hang around because its IMPOSSIBLE to fire them.
You've worked at the post office for...how long? Well, I have a close relative who's worked there for over 30 years, and he's worked his *** off the whole time--continues to do so. You've had some bad experiences with it. Does that mean that social security should be privatized because of a few malcontents?

I guess I don't know why I'm wasting breath on this. Anyone whose knee-jerk reaction to a system is privatization and union-breaking has all the imagination and insight of W.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
tynanW said:
And it took a total of 4 days to make its way from the US to the UK and to my door!!!!
They have a lot lighter load now that Email is the primary form of communication, they can't keep overcharging for stamps, and people are sick of standing in line for 45 minutes at the post office.

HairLossTalk.com

The Gardener

Reaction score
I don't think we are being overcharged for stamps.. here is a comparison of domestic postage rates priced in terms of US cents:

Japan 68c
Germany 64c
New Zealand 46c
UK 46c
Netherlands 46c
US 37c
Canada 35c
Australia 33c

This is of June 11, 2003. When you factor in that the USPS receives no government subsidies (some other nations PS's do) and factor in the size of the US in terms of coverage area, complexity of the network as a result, and the distances that letters often have to be shipped at this rate, I think we are receiving a very fair price.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Alopecia-Nate said:
I guess I don't know why I'm wasting breath on this. Anyone whose knee-jerk reaction to a system is privatization and union-breaking has all the imagination and insight of W.

Hey Dude,

Is the world not revolving around you today?! I was simply giving my opinion based on my own experience, whether I'm right or wrong WHO CARES! JESUS CHRIST!!! No need to be so condescending.

Tony

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I have no pity for the USPS. If you're going to provide a service, do it well or stop providing it. If costs are being cut because email is destroying your revenue, then become a courier service.

I am sick of standing in line with 20 other people for a half hour just to mail a package while there is 1 person at the counter and 10 other counters closed. That is unacceptable. If that is the best service they can provide then they need to provide a different service.

I found myself yet again today standing in line with 20 (yes 20) people while 2 (yes 2) people were at the counter. I sat there the entire time thinking how cool and accurate I was to have pointed this out just an hour prior. "Im cool and accurate" I thought to myself...

It took me exactly 30 minutes to get to the front, just to buy 8 stamps and get a priority mail label. That's a half hour I could have spent here with you guys talking about how Tynan is gay. I don't have a half hour to wait to buy stamps. Immediately behind me was a man with a tub full of 45 (yes 45) envelopes. I felt bad for the now 25 (yes 25) people who were behind him.

Every single time I go there someone vocally starts bitching about how inefficient and slow the process is. People are visibly annoyed, every single time. Every single time someone lets out a huge intentionally loud sigh. 3 out of the last 6 times I've gone to the post office someone has looked at me and said something along the lines of "I hate coming here".

Aside from that, they're great! :)

HairLossTalk.com

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
I have no pity for the USPS. If you're going to provide a service, do it well or stop providing it. If costs are being cut because email is destroying your revenue, then become a courier service.

I am sick of standing in line with 20 other people for a half hour just to mail a package while there is 1 person at the counter and 10 other counters closed. That is unacceptable. If that is the best service they can provide then they need to provide a different service.

I found myself yet again today standing in line with 20 (yes 20) people while 2 (yes 2) people were at the counter. I sat there the entire time thinking how cool and accurate I was to have pointed this out just an hour prior. "Im cool and accurate" I thought to myself...

It took me exactly 30 minutes to get to the front, just to buy 8 stamps and get a priority mail label. That's a half hour I could have spent here with you guys talking about how Tynan is gay. I don't have a half hour to wait to buy stamps. Immediately behind me was a man with a tub full of 45 (yes 45) envelopes. I felt bad for the now 25 (yes 25) people who were behind him.

Every single time I go there someone vocally starts bitching about how inefficient and slow the process is. People are visibly annoyed, every single time. Every single time someone lets out a huge intentionally loud sigh. 3 out of the last 6 times I've gone to the post office someone has looked at me and said something along the lines of "I hate coming here".

Aside from that, they're great! :)

HairLossTalk.com

TESTIFY!!!

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:

Will you take your pants off too?

G

Temples said:
tynanW said:

Will you take your pants off too?

I do not own pants, I live amongst the bushes and trees, a ferrel existence, I have no need for pants.

G

Well, let's just privatize the system, and f*** everyone who's been working there for the better part of their working life.

I don't like your logic: either something should run perfectly or it should be shut down. Hey, in that case, let's shut down capitalism! It requires HUMONGOUS amounts of gov. intervention, via subisdies, tax breaks and labor cuts through outsourcing, none of which helps the guy making under 200k/year; and globalization has destroyed manufacturing, and white collar jobs are quickly going. Let's shut the mother down. Never have to hear Republicans complain about gov. obstacles, and ALL mail systems will be private, and gouge you as much as they can as soon as they price-fix, what with the federal option out of the way.

:shock:

Dimebolt3000

Reaction score
Just go to UPS, theyre a privatized business already! And they have their own stores and its much quicker. In this country, you have to pay for good service!

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Alopecia-Nate said:
Well, let's just privatize the system, and f*** everyone who's been working there for the better part of their working life.

I don't like your logic: either something should run perfectly or it should be shut down. Hey, in that case, let's shut down capitalism! It requires HUMONGOUS amounts of gov. intervention, via subisdies, tax breaks and labor cuts through outsourcing, none of which helps the guy making under 200k/year; and globalization has destroyed manufacturing, and white collar jobs are quickly going. Let's shut the mother down. Never have to hear Republicans complain about gov. obstacles, and ALL mail systems will be private, and gouge you as much as they can as soon as they price-fix, what with the federal option out of the way.

Hello Alopecia-Nate can I call you Alopecia-Nate,

My name is Doctor Phil and I have a one step program that can help you. Now, dont get me wrong, its not going to be a miracle overnight type of thing. Its going to take some work and I will need your help.

Now, lets being.....

INHALEEEEEEE......!!!!!

...and now...

EXHALEEEE.........!!!!

Great, I m now done with my work. Please send me a check for $3,000 for my services and miscalaneous fees.

Take care,

Doctor Phil.

RELAX MAN, you make good points, but get sooooooo worked up about it....RE-LAXXXX!

G

I have pretty personal feelings about the postal service.

...and your mother. :freaked:

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Alopecia-Nate said:
I have pretty personal feelings about the postal service.

...and your mother. :freaked:

Me tooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowzers, what a small world!

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
tynanW said:
a ferrel existence, I have no need for pants.
There is NO WAY that was coincidental phrasing!

HairLossTalk.com

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My mailman took my pants off one time......we are now engaged and the wedding is in april

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Alopecia-Nate said:

Are you gay or bi-curious?

G

Hi all diffrent guy with bald.

inside poland all letter (also prono from internet) come to people house on back of pig inside big bag, postoffice man walk on side of pig and beat pig with stick to make pig fast move.

Is no good all time pig eat maybe Half all letter.

And letter is cover with pig manhure (also called sh*t inside europe).

I hope you all is keep well inside all new year (also called 2005 inside poland)

Thank you

Branco