I think I'm about to lose a "friend" because of hairloss.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
cleverusername said:
Gee seems like this has turned into the let's attack clever thread.

If you don't actually live in New York seriously just shut the f*ck up right now. This is my city don't tell me what I can and can't do in it. If you do live here you should know better. Graffiti is part of this city and always will be. And to be honest about 95% of the stuff I do nowadays is either commissioned or legal anyway but every now and then I get the itch and hit the streets or the odd freight. Find something better to do? I guarantee I have more interesting stories and experiences through graffiti than anything you have done with your life. The mayor of Bratislava personally asked me to paint a wall in the city because I have more skill and passion for something than a closed minded individual like yourself can comprehend. In other words, f*ck off and mind your business jerkoff :jackit: .

I'm not going to continue this, I'm just going to trust that you know why you're wrong.

ali777

Reaction score
Sometimes friends have a harmless banter with each other, but sometimes we have the inner feeling that the banter is more than a banter. That's the cut off point where we know that we aren't true friends anymore.

I get the impression you don't value that person's friendship that much anyway, so you don't lose anything. If you really value his friendship drop a hint here and there that you aren't happy with the way he talks to you.

I had a thing with someone... I'm not joking, he pissed me off so much that I was gonna jump on him one day. Later on we got closer :gay:, and he values my friendship rather a lot at the moment. I personally don't give a f*ck about him, he's OK for a drink or two, but nothing more.

I think "harmless" banter is sometimes used to evaluate the balances in relationships. One guy thinks he is better than the other person and uses banter to establish his role as the alpha male in the group, etc. Or, he plays through his own insecurities and tries to use banter as means of getting on top.

I use banter (dry humour) to get close to people as well sometimes, but I wouldn't make a comment about physical traits... I expect the same in return.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The way I see it, you guys are 23 years old so I would expect that lack of maturity and sympathy or understanding for alot of things (not just balding) from guys you're age.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Use what you know about him against him in public and see if he has the nerve to get upset about it. That is what I would do.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cleverusername said:

If you don't actually live in New York seriously just shut the f*ck up right now. This is my city don't tell me what I can and can't do in it. If you do live here you should know better. Graffiti is part of this city and always will be. And to be honest about 95% of the stuff I do nowadays is either commissioned or legal anyway but every now and then I get the itch and hit the streets or the odd freight. Find something better to do? I guarantee I have more interesting stories and experiences through graffiti than anything you have done with your life. The mayor of Bratislava personally asked me to paint a wall in the city because I have more skill and passion for something than a closed minded individual like yourself can comprehend. In other words, f*ck off and mind your business jerkoff :jackit: .

Hopefully you don't run into someone like me seeing you vandalize his stuff. You wouldn't be able to hold a paint can again and I wouldn't even think twice about it. I mean seriously. Graffiti? That's stuff to be done when you are 15 or something. ANd yes I knew PLENTY of taggers.

ali777

Reaction score
If I knew a graffiti "artist" I'd actually buy him a drink and let him do my wall....

I like graffiti, I think it gives the city a certain character. I understand people's comment's about vandalism as well, I think there is a thin line between vandalism and being creative.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Unless he did a burner on your house or your car then I don't see what all the hulabaloo is about. Like anyone here gives some anonymous city wall in a scrubby alleyway a second thought. :dunno:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I guess because I grew up in that scene, I'm a bit "ehhhh" about it. I mean 15 years ago, everyone and their mother seemed to be tagging on every wall. It's calmed down since, thank god.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
cleverusername said:

Hopefully you don't run into someone like me seeing you vandalize his stuff. You wouldn't be able to hold a paint can again and I wouldn't even think twice about it. I mean seriously. Graffiti? That's stuff to be done when you are 15 or something. ANd yes I knew PLENTY of taggers.

Although I agree, 'tagging' is a bit gay.

'Keyboard tough guy' is never a good image.......

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fundi said:
Although I agree, 'tagging' is a bit gay.

'Keyboard tough guy' is never a good image.......

Not trying to be. I don't know him. I'm saying he needs to be careful where he tags.