I want shampoo with Piroctone Olamine

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
I started using Foltene anti dandruff shampoo with Piroctone Olamine and
Salicylic Acid(Dr Lee add it to his Nizoral version). I'll look for T-Gel too.

CCS

Reaction score
Beethoven said:

foltene is sold by Lee? What's in it? Just PO?

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Beethoven said:

foltene is sold by Lee? What's in it? Just PO?

Sorry if I wasn't clear,

Dr Lee sells his own shampoo with Keto and Salicylic Acid.

Foltene is commercial shampoo, they have anti-dand' shampoo with PO and Salicylic Acid. They also have another "anti hairloss" shampoo based on tricosacridde.

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope t/gel shampoo contains Piroctone Olamine

Jack

Reaction score
I've used up one bottle of the euro T/gel with (2% salicylic acid, 0.75% piroctone olamine and 0.5% elubiol) but didn't notice anything positive for my hair or scalp condition.
I was buying it for the elubiol , but if the PO is good for hairloss too i guess this stuff has to kick some ***

CCS

Reaction score
neis said:
I hope t/gel shampoo contains Piroctone Olamine

The one for greasy hair, sold in Europe, does. It is very hard to find online for delivery to the US. I think after hours of searching I found one in another language that looked like it shipped to the US. But with the high price, I decided to just go with BodyShop Ginger, since it has piroctone olamine. The panthenol in it makes my hair look really thick too.

CCS

Reaction score
Jack said:
I've used up one bottle of the euro T/gel with (2% salicylic acid, 0.75% piroctone olamine and 0.5% elubiol) but didn't notice anything positive for my hair or scalp condition.
I was buying it for the elubiol , but if the PO is good for hairloss too i guess this stuff has to kick some ***

TGel has salicylic acid in it? Grrr. Now I don't know if the salicylic acid played a part in the results of that study. Oh well, high doses of salicylic acid can eat away hair and make it look thin. 30% salicylic acid is used to eat warts off your skin, but it takes a long time.

diffuse propecia

Established Member
Reaction score
I think salicylic acid is good for the skin at low percents, it is a potent anti-inflammatory, so good that the initial form of aspirin was basically salicylic acid although the current version is a derived chemical from salicylic acid since it had a tendency of causing mouth sores and bad stomach problems ( it is acid after all). It also prevents blocked pores by encouraging the epidermis to shed more readily allowing room for new cell growth. ( last sentence from the wiki page.)

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Is 3% salicylic acid harmful for hair?
I use the t/gel shampoo(US version) 3 times a week before nizoral to enhance its absorption. If it really harms the hair I will stop it.

CCS, how do you mix apple poly and lavender essential oil with BodyShop Ginger? Is there any webstore that sells them? I think that this is a good shampoo to rotate with nizoral(the remaining days).

Jack

Reaction score
diffuse propecia said:
I think salicylic acid is good for the skin at low percents, it is a potent anti-inflammatory, so good that the initial form of aspirin was basically salicylic acid although the current version is a derived chemical from salicylic acid since it had a tendency of causing mouth sores and bad stomach problems ( it is acid after all). It also prevents blocked pores by encouraging the epidermis to shed more readily allowing room for new cell growth. ( last sentence from the wiki page.)

The stomach problems are mainly caused by the COX-1 enzyme inhibition , not from it beeing an acid -
Nevertheless Salicylic Acid does shed the skin and IMO should not be too bad for skin/hair at 2% considering people here use Azelaic Acid on their scalp which is much harsher and more shedding.

CCS

Reaction score
neis said:
Is 3% salicylic acid harmful for hair?
I use the t/gel shampoo(US version) 3 times a week before nizoral to enhance its absorption. If it really harms the hair I will stop it.

CCS, how do you mix apple poly and lavender essential oil with BodyShop Ginger? Is there any webstore that sells them? I think that this is a good shampoo to rotate with nizoral(the remaining days).

For all I know, the piroctone olamine might not even work. The researchers in the study thought it was what grew the hair. But now I'm wondering if the salicylic acid is what grew it, since it is an anti-inflammatory.

I just add a little of each into the shampoo. Not much needed. Dont't add too much.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey CCS I was wondering exactly how you add lavender to your PTO shampoo?

CCS

Reaction score
I just add like 10 drops or so to it, invert it a few times, and let it disperse over night. It is not too strong, but I can sure smell it.