I want to preform my own hair transplant surgery...

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I know someone who had acne scars and decided to self-inject restylane into them (you can buy restylane over the counter in canada). I watched him do it and it was the most nerve wracking thing ever. It's very hard to see yourself and visualize 3 dimensions in the mirror.

Sure, in theory yeah you could probably do this, but I have to believe the result would be somewhere between disasterous scarring at worst and shitty aesthetics at best.

bubka

Reaction score
sounds like a great idea, I hope he does it, it's probably really easy to cut some donor tissue from the back of your head, stitch it, and the slice up the follicles and transplant them

when you think about it, people are really stupid to go to Dr. to do this, can easily be done at home

:jackit:

colfax

Reaction score
I was walking through a shopping mall around the holidays and passed a kiosk that was offering on-the-spot teeth whitening. There were three or four people sitting in chairs with special trays in their mouths. Somewhere else in the mall, there was most likely a kiosk that offered ear, lip, eye, and belly-button piercing. Within a 20 mile radius, there was probably a tattoo parlor or two.

Hair transplantation could likely become a service offered in a botique the same way permanent hair removal is. The tools and techniques certainly still have a few generations of refinement to go, but it's not unreasonable to imagine one day going to some local 'hair design parlor' with credentials hanging on the wall the same way a respectable tattoo shop does.

Consider that people could even eventually want designer configurations. Making the hair on my chest form the shape of an eagle or covering my face in thick hair to resemble a werewolf might be a bit extreme, but their are people who have metal horns screwed into their foreheads and tiny beads placed beneath the skin, sometimes even along the shaft of their penis.

And in that same respect, it's not ludicrous to imagine one day, perhaps far into the future, seeing a late night infomercial selling you a kit or a gizmo that enables at-home do-it-yourself hair transplantation. It's would be a natural function of capitalism.

So as much as MetalHeadDude's suggestion seems laughable in the present tense, I guarantee he's not the only one who has thought about this. There are some parties that have a vested interest in convincing you it's impossible, instead of just improbable. Time will tell.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
colfax said:
I was walking through a shopping mall around the holidays and passed a kiosk that was offering on-the-spot teeth whitening. There were three or four people sitting in chairs with special trays in their mouths. Somewhere else in the mall, there was most likely a kiosk that offered ear, lip, eye, and belly-button piercing. Within a 20 mile radius, there was probably a tattoo parlor or two.

Hair transplantation could likely become a service offered in a botique the same way permanent hair removal is. The tools and techniques certainly still have a few generations of refinement to go, but it's not unreasonable to imagine one day going to some local 'hair design parlor' with credentials hanging on the wall the same way a respectable tattoo shop does.

Consider that people could even eventually want designer configurations. Making the hair on my chest form the shape of an eagle or covering my face in thick hair to resemble a werewolf might be a bit extreme, but their are people who have metal horns screwed into their foreheads and tiny beads placed beneath the skin, sometimes even along the shaft of their penis.

And in that same respect, it's not ludicrous to imagine one day, perhaps far into the future, seeing a late night infomercial selling you a kit or a gizmo that enables at-home do-it-yourself hair transplantation. It's would be a natural function of capitalism.

So as much as MetalHeadDude's suggestion seems laughable in the present tense, I guarantee he's not the only one who has thought about this. There are some parties that have a vested interest in convincing you it's impossible, instead of just improbable. Time will tell.

At last! Someone with a little vision :)

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
there would be a cure before there is a do it yourself hair transplant kit.

goin to the mall to get a transplant? i mean wtf...youd trust something like that!! thats even worse than goin to bosley or something.

docj077

Reaction score
The equipment required to do it properly would probably cost you 4-5 times the cost of having one of the best transplant surgeons in the world do the operation for you. That combined with actually receiving proper long term medical care would be priceless. I honestly think that most people have no idea how much medical equipment costs. I helped repair a fractured hip the other day and a tiny piece of orthopedic equipment that was about 1 cm by 2 cm by .5 cm that is used to tighten some cables for the hip cost that patient over $300, because that is how much the company charges. I used a brand new high definition laparoscopic imaging system today and I believe that cost tens of thousands of dollars and all it really included was a high definition monitor, a printer, a light source, and the camera.

You simply can't remove hair from your head and attempt to place elsewhere without a sterile environment and procedure, because you WILL get an infection. A sterile environment is something that you won't get at the mall or at home.

Seriously, what a ridiculous idea.