I wonder if my gf would be attracted to me had I not had hair transplant

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'll never know. I don't think I would ever want her to know the truth, but she wants me to meet her father, and her father used to be a very successful hair designer. She says he's very brutally honest about stuff, and loves pointing out flaws people have. He'll know, and he'll call me out on it, and then I'll be forced to either admit it, or lie... I was called out on it by a high school classmate that hadn't seen me in years this summer.. I denied it... My hairline would be 1-1.5" further back had I not had hair transplant.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a big psychological problem with changing your appearance. I lost 40 pounds and started having a lot more success with women. But for awhile I was almost pissed about it... thinking "I know she never would have even looked at me last year".

Then I got over it and started actually taking advantage of the situation.

antonio666

Reaction score
if your girlfreineds father notices your transplant and mentions it in front of people ,then he is a twat,i would stick the nut on him for being so rude

G

antonio666 said:
if your girlfreineds father notices your transplant and mentions it in front of people ,then he is a twat,i would stick the nut on him for being so rude

Yeah what a wanker! A normal person wouldn't say anything. You said he's very critical and always pointing out other ppl's flaws. Well I guess he doesn't have any then?

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if he does say something, just point-blank deny it. And make sure you are very upset and offended by his assumption which will direct the attention back on him for being such an a**h**. He can't *prove* you've had an hair transplant.

If he tries to get a closer look, you need to kinda go ... 'wow wow, what the *f**** are you doing man?' Stand up for yourself, dude. Ok, he's your girls dad, but put that aside and just treat him like a normal guy.

Your girlfriend should back you up if this situation occurs. You can tell her later (if you wish), claiming that it's a deeply personal subject and not the kinda thing you'd admit in front of anyone/everyone.

haggis

Reaction score
How is he going to know you had a hair transplant, Is he gonna come over to you and inspect your hairline when you first meet him?! dont be so paranoid :)

If your girlfriend doesnt know about your hair transplant it must look fairly good.

s.a.f

Reaction score
jakeb said:
This is a big psychological problem with changing your appearance. I lost 40 pounds and started having a lot more success with women. But for awhile I was almost pissed about it... thinking "I know she never would have even looked at me last year".

Then I got over it and started actually taking advantage of the situation.

Yes but if you lose weight naturally people congratulate you for it but if you improve your appearance cosmetically/surgically (especially if you're a man) then they will attack you for it. Thats why nobody goes around telling people that they've had a hair transplant/Facelift?Lipo etc, but I suspect jakeb would not feel uncomfortable telling people that he managed to lose 40lbs.

s.a.f

Reaction score
flimflam said:
if he does say something, just point-blank deny it. And make sure you are very upset and offended by his assumption which will direct the attention back on him for being such an @55**e. He can't *prove* you've had an hair transplant.

If he tries to get a closer look, you need to kinda go ... 'wow wow, what the *f**** are you doing man?' Stand up for yourself, dude. Ok, he's your girls dad, but put that aside and just treat him like a normal guy.

Your girlfriend should back you up if this situation occurs. You can tell her later (if you wish), claiming that it's a deeply personal subject and not the kinda thing you'd admit in front of anyone/everyone.

Getting that defensive and telling your G/f's dad to f*** off is going to be pretty stressful and awkward. Yes he must be an a**h** if he's willing to do that to his daughters B/F but maybe if you just admitted it and acted as if you did'nt give a sh*t and were'nt ashamed by it he would be impressed. Remember your embarrasment about it is technically your only weakness. Without that what does he have over you?

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the guy was a professional, and anyways, one day she will have to know, then I will be a liar.... I take pro, min, and one day will lose more hair, and might need BHTra....

flimflam said:
if he does say something, just point-blank deny it. And make sure you are very upset and offended by his assumption which will direct the attention back on him for being such an @55**e. He can't *prove* you've had an hair transplant.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Getting that defensive and telling your G/f's dad to f*** off is going to be pretty stressful and awkward. Yes he must be an @55**e if he's willing to do that to his daughters B/F but maybe if you just admitted it and acted as if you did'nt give a $#iT and were'nt ashamed by it he would be impressed. Remember your embarrasment about it is technically your only weakness. Without that what does he have over you?

yeah dude i totally get what you're saying. i guess it's down to the individual and what you think you can handle in that situation. personally, i would know how to deal with it (in roughly the way I outlined) but obviously it's different for everyone.

anyway, that's how I would do it. And I know I could blag it, I've been there before with similar things ;)

anyway, cheers, you're a cool dude saf. I respect your opinion on these forums.

s.a.f

Reaction score
flimflam said:
anyway, cheers, you're a cool dude saf. I respect your opinion on these forums.

f*****g hell I think I may put that as my new sig! :) Most people think I'm an a**h**. :oops:

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He'll know, and he'll call me out on it, and then I'll be forced to either admit it, or lie... I was called out on it by a high school classmate that hadn't seen me in years this summer.. I denied it...

How did he know?

Did you get a bad Transplant?

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
He'll know, and he'll call me out on it, and then I'll be forced to either admit it, or lie... I was called out on it by a high school classmate that hadn't seen me in years this summer.. I denied it...

How did he know?

I've had three corrective procedures and am out of donor hair.. It's not horrible, but if you know what to look for, you can tell. So I guess it's a bad hair transplant even with corrective. People even from distance photos on messageboards have asked if I have had hair transplant. So if people can spot it, it must be a bad job.. So for the rest of my life I have to deal with this... And one day I'm going to have to tell my gf, as well as being on finasteride and on rogaine... I'm just so embarrassed about it all... I saw some guy with a horrific hair transplant on the train yesterday. I'm afraid my gf will become embarrassed by me or something. It's only going to get worse if I start losing the rest of my hair.. And one day I will have to tell her, especially when/if BHT comes around and I really need it to make my hair presentable...

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
That sucks, but no sympathy here... at least you got someone good as a partner. Nowadays, its difficult, since most chicks carry too much baggage.

I guarantee she won't care at all. I even know of women living with men who wear wigs. They hate it, but tolerate it.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tembo said:
That sucks, but no sympathy here... at least you got someone good as a partner. Nowadays, its difficult, since most chicks carry too much baggage.

I guarantee she won't care at all. I even know of women living with men who wear wigs. They hate it, but tolerate it.

I don't want to be tolerated.

haggis

Reaction score
recboi said:
tembo said:

Hi recboi, do you have any pics? everyone here could give you an honest opinion of your hair transplant

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How old are you recboi? When did you get your first transplant? (sorry if you have already posted this in the transplant forum, I rarely check over there)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
recboi said:
blaze said:

How did he know?

I've had three corrective procedures and am out of donor hair.. It's not horrible, but if you know what to look for, you can tell. So I guess it's a bad hair transplant even with corrective. People even from distance photos on messageboards have asked if I have had hair transplant. So if people can spot it, it must be a bad job.. So for the rest of my life I have to deal with this... And one day I'm going to have to tell my gf, as well as being on finasteride and on rogaine... I'm just so embarrassed about it all... I saw some guy with a horrific hair transplant on the train yesterday. I'm afraid my gf will become embarrassed by me or something. It's only going to get worse if I start losing the rest of my hair.. And one day I will have to tell her, especially when/if BHT comes around and I really need it to make my hair presentable...

dude she probabily knows, she just doesn't want to ask you.

If others can spot it, what makes you think she hasn't noticed it?

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haggis said:
recboi said:
tembo said:

Hi recboi, do you have any pics? everyone here could give you an honest opinion of your hair transplant

If you search under my original posts, I had posted some pics. I don't remember where I stored them though, but they should still be in that thread.