If it really bothers you that much...

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
slipy said:
b) or walk around bald openly and play the role of a loser, object of ridicule, victim because thats the only role poeple leave for you. you can try to stand against it but they will show you your place.

This is undoubtedly the most depressing thing Ive read so far on this forum.

:shakehead:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
slipy said:
there are only two options:

a) wear a wig and live a normal life through deceit ( if you manage to trick people into thinking it's your real hair )

b) or walk around bald openly and play the role of a loser, object of ridicule, victim because thats the only role people leave for you. you can try to stand against it but they will show you your place.

at least with the option a) theres still some hope for you.

Try wearing a wig and see how you feel walking around when people look at your hair. It's not what you think it is. It's WORSE than being bald.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I can understand both sides of the argument really. Don't you think I feel tempted to try it out? I guess it all comes down to how far are you willing to go to avoid this fate?

slipy said:

a) wear a wig and live a normal life through deceit ( if you manage to trick people into thinking it's your real hair )

b) or walk around bald openly and play the role of a loser, object of ridicule, victim because thats the only role people leave for you. you can try to stand against it but they will show you your place.

As demeaning as ^ this is.... it is a slightly polarized version of the cold truth. Being bald does have it's consequences, socially speaking. I've experienced and continue to experience it. It takes alot of fortitude of character to withstand societies distaste for our kind.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
slipy said:

uncomfortable man said:
I can understand both sides of the argument really. Don't you think I feel tempted to try it out? I guess it all comes down to how far are you willing to go to avoid this fate?

slipy said:

As demeaning as ^ this is.... it is a slightly polarized version of the cold truth. Being bald does have it's consequences, socially speaking. I've experienced and continue to experience it. It takes alot of fortitude of character to withstand societies distaste for our kind.

playing the role of a loser....societies distaste for our kind? Fck...you people are such losers its ridiculous. Being bald may have its "consequences, socially speaking" but so does having intense self loathing, no self esteem and what I can only assume are very sup-par social skills that aren't good enough to mitigate the effect of having a physical "flaw" like baldness.

learn how to look people in the eye....and develop some basic social skills and a fraction of self worth as a human being (that doesn't get destroyed by what random strangers may or may not be thinking when they look in your direction)...that will get you a whole lot farther than you're willing to believe. A natural response by losers such as UCMAN or Hat Prisoner will be "confidence doesn't make up for other people's harsh prejudice against bald people...blah blah blah" or some crap like that...but thats just another excuse to blame EVERYTHING bad in their lives on baldness and accept no blame. Yes, you will always ecnounter a few idiots on your path to salvation in this life who try to give you a hard time or judge you because you're bald...or short...or black, or WHATEVER...its a given. But to think that the whole world is somehow against you because you're bald is sheer madness! Its INSANE

I mean seriously...at what point do you just get sick and tired about feeling like sh*t because of something you cant control...and lamenting about how "society disdains you" before you realize that YOU are ultimately responsible for being happy?

Obsidian

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about it, qball. Most people here will move on past this, while some will keep going on circles.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
qball01 said:
playing the role of a loser....societies distaste for our kind? Fck...you people are such losers its ridiculous. Being bald may have its "consequences, socially speaking" but so does having intense self loathing, no self esteem and what I can only assume are very sup-par social skills that aren't good enough to mitigate the effect of having a physical "flaw" like baldness.

learn how to look people in the eye....and develop some basic social skills and a fraction of self worth as a human being (that doesn't get destroyed by what random strangers may or may not be thinking when they look in your direction)...that will get you a whole lot farther than you're willing to believe.

Baldness sucks, we all know it, but I have really started to believe that the self-loathing, lack of self-respect and lack of self woth as a human being Ive felt from time to time ever since I became bald,is the REAL Problem, not the baldness itself.

There have been moments when I feel good about myself and those where and are always the moments Ive noticed I attract people. For example, Ive been able to land some hot swedish chicks lately (and with hot I mean HOT), just by stop hating myself so much cause of the baldness thing. I start to feel hope. This may sound pathetic but I start to realize my life is not over yet. There will always be girls who reject me just cause of the baldness thing, of course, however, my problem has been that Ive thought every single girl will reject me and Im just glad that the techniques from David DeAngelo and Neil Strauss actually works. You really dont have be a straight NW1 to be successful with the ladies, which is the feeling Ive always had before. Im just so relieved that confidence really can take you far as a guy.

Mp1990

Reaction score
Honestly have any of you even looked at some of the forums or you even searched Youtube for "hair systems"

I recently talked to a 20 year old guy, who was living in a college dorm with 24 people. He's been wearing for one year now and nobody has noticed. It takes someone with knowledge of hair systems and close examination to notice it's not real hair.

If your 40+ years old, I don't think hair systems are for you. As by this age more than half of men have some form of male pattern baldness. However if your young I definitely think this the route you should take. These are supposed to be the best years of your life, and if your feeling depressed all the time and not living life than whats the point. You live once, so why let hair loss hold you back?

GeminiX

Reaction score
superfrankie said:
Baldness sucks, we all know it, but I have really started to believe that the self-loathing, lack of self-respect and lack of self woth as a human being Ive felt from time to time ever since I became bald,is the REAL Problem, not the baldness itself.

There have been moments when I feel good about myself and those where and are always the moments Ive noticed I attract people. For example, Ive been able to land some hot swedish chicks lately (and with hot I mean HOT), just by stop hating myself so much cause of the baldness thing. I start to feel hope. This may sound pathetic but I start to realize my life is not over yet. There will always be girls who reject me just cause of the baldness thing, of course, however, my problem has been that Ive thought every single girl will reject me and Im just glad that the techniques from David DeAngelo and Neil Strauss actually works. You really dont have be a straight NW1 to be successful with the ladies, which is the feeling Ive always had before. Im just so relieved that confidence really can take you far as a guy.

Oh man, reading this makes me happy :)

I get so frustrated when I see people throwing their lives away and using passive aggression to try to bring people to their level. Good for you man, honestly good for you!

Mp1990

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Mp1990 said:
Honestly have any of you even looked at some of the forums or you even searched Youtube for "hair systems"

I recently talked to a 20 year old guy, who was living in a college dorm with 24 people. He's been wearing for one year now and nobody has noticed. It takes someone with knowledge of hair systems and close examination to notice it's not real hair.

If your 40+ years old, I don't think hair systems are for you. As by this age more than half of men have some form of male pattern baldness. However if your young I definitely think this the route you should take. These are supposed to be the best years of your life, and if your feeling depressed all the time and not living life than whats the point. You live once, so why let hair loss hold you back?

Hear we go again. another "You should wear a hair piece" post.

Have you actually ever worn one? I didn't think so. So don't tell people to wear one when yuou know nothing about them, and you have never worn one.

If you want to know what it's like to actually wear one, look up the posts of a user called "Hat Prisoner" who used to wear one. They will assure anyone who wants to try one to run as far as possible away from them. They are a joke!

As far as anyone in the 20 year old guy's dorm not noticing...??? Who do you think you're kidding? :jackit:

FYI, They ALL know he is wearing one!!! (But nobody says anything because they don't want to hurt his feelings)

I never told anyone to wear it, I suggested that people do their own research. I was skeptical at first too, until I first saw one.

And why are you so against them?

BTW 20 year olds are the most judgmental and superficial so they would point it out.

cuebald

Reaction score
Not always though. We sometimes get posts on the wig section "Roommate wears a wig, doesn't know we know he wears, how can we convince him to ditch the wig without hurting his feelings" or "husband wears a wig, has worn since we married, he thinks I don't know he wears, I want him to go natural, advice?" posts.
My favourite are the guys who wear who swear their wives don't know that they're bald. Well, they do. :mrgreen: and it only takes a read of a hairpiece forum or two to see all these women posting.

I mean, the paranoia about knowing wether a) nobody knows and you're indeed safe or b) everyone knows, and laughs about it behind your back, while you yourself are completely clueless - is probably worse than the paranoia about going bald in the first place. Everywhere I'd go with a hairpiece on I'd be worried people could tell. A cashier smiles at you in a certain way? Is it because she likes you or because she can easily see that you're wearing a WIG in the harsh store lighting?
And there's the fact something can look very good (like diffuse hair with product in) while under bathroom lighting, and out in the sunlight it looks completely different. You could then be walking about, thinking it looks good, while having an obvious "elephant on your head" wig that everyone can see.
I remember someone here posted an analogy - he had acne, and he put a small amount of make up on to cover his acne. In his bathroom it blended well and you couldn't tell - but when he got outside everyone was looking at him weird, and when he looked in a car mirror you could even see the brush-strokes of the make-up. Things look completely different in outdoors lighting.

What if someone starts talking about a nice rug they bought - are they being serious, or do they know you wear and are taking the mickey?
And then there's also the ethical dilemma about keeping a lie/secret for your entire marriage. I'd have a hard time hiding the fact I have NO HAIR from who should be the closest person in your life to you - for decades. How much trust can be in the marriage when that happens?
And for younger guys, the constant worrying about it being detected when a girl runs her fingers through your hair, etc. Knowing it only takes 1 girl to detect it and then none of the other girls would ever be interested in Mr Wig again.

I mean, perhaps wigs do have a time and a place. I however consider them to be akin to shoes that sit 4" off the ground to make you look taller. It might work briefly, but after some time everyone will know and will think less of you than they would've if you'd just went out 4" shorter.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I think you pretty much nailed it there Cubald. Even in my case where it's "acceptable" to wear a wig, I've gone to huge lengths and expense to avoid it.

Funny thing, and possibly somewhat hypocritical on my behalf, I always try to encourage people to not let the views of strangers impact your life negatively, yet something about wigs freaks me out too :)

Mp1990

Reaction score
cuebald said:
Not always though. We sometimes get posts on the wig section "Roommate wears a wig, doesn't know we know he wears, how can we convince him to ditch the wig without hurting his feelings" or "husband wears a wig, has worn since we married, he thinks I don't know he wears, I want him to go natural, advice?" posts.
My favourite are the guys who wear who swear their wives don't know that they're bald. Well, they do. :mrgreen: and it only takes a read of a hairpiece forum or two to see all these women posting.

I mean, the paranoia about knowing wether a) nobody knows and you're indeed safe or b) everyone knows, and laughs about it behind your back, while you yourself are completely clueless - is probably worse than the paranoia about going bald in the first place. Everywhere I'd go with a hairpiece on I'd be worried people could tell. A cashier smiles at you in a certain way? Is it because she likes you or because she can easily see that you're wearing a WIG in the harsh store lighting?
And there's the fact something can look very good (like diffuse hair with product in) while under bathroom lighting, and out in the sunlight it looks completely different. You could then be walking about, thinking it looks good, while having an obvious "elephant on your head" wig that everyone can see.
I remember someone here posted an analogy - he had acne, and he put a small amount of make up on to cover his acne. In his bathroom it blended well and you couldn't tell - but when he got outside everyone was looking at him weird, and when he looked in a car mirror you could even see the brush-strokes of the make-up. Things look completely different in outdoors lighting.

What if someone starts talking about a nice rug they bought - are they being serious, or do they know you wear and are taking the mickey?
And then there's also the ethical dilemma about keeping a lie/secret for your entire marriage. I'd have a hard time hiding the fact I have NO HAIR from who should be the closest person in your life to you - for decades. How much trust can be in the marriage when that happens?
And for younger guys, the constant worrying about it being detected when a girl runs her fingers through your hair, etc. Knowing it only takes 1 girl to detect it and then none of the other girls would ever be interested in Mr Wig again.

I mean, perhaps wigs do have a time and a place. I however consider them to be akin to shoes that sit 4" off the ground to make you look taller. It might work briefly, but after some time everyone will know and will think less of you than they would've if you'd just went out 4" shorter.

I know the pictures I uploaded aren't close ups, but honestly can you tell the guy is wearing a wig?

And about the guy you mentioned that wears make up, he should have gone to a professional or practiced several times while taking pictures under different lighting conditions. Same goes for wearing a hair piece, the first few times its a good idea to go to salon to get it cut in.

I'm suggesting the hair piece option is for people that are extremely depressed with hair loss and just won't except it. And if one girl detects it, how is everyone gonna know? Unless you live in a village. If she doesn't except it, than f*** her and move on.

And personally I've worn 3 inch height increasers when I go clubbing, its like this cushion you put in your shoes, you can buy them on ebay. With them on I can get to 6'2-6'3, and you would be surprised how many more girls you can get with those few extra inches

Attachments

• [Image 2la33td.jpg
    [Image 2la33td.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 335
  • [Image 2rxvej7.jpg
    [Image 2rxvej7.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 204
  • [Image 23h2ik6.jpg
    [Image 23h2ik6.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 190

s.a.f

Reaction score
You're almost 6' and you feel the need to wear 3" shoe lifts? :dunno:
What happens when your freinds suddenly find themselves looking up to you, and what happens when you pull a girl get back to her place take off the shoes and suddenly you're shorter?

Mp1990

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
You're almost 6' and you feel the need to wear 3" shoe lifts? :dunno:
What happens when your freinds suddenly find themselves looking up to you, and what happens when you pull a girl get back to her place take off the shoes and suddenly you're shorter?

I prefer to be taller than average. Normal shoes already give you almost an inch of height increase. No one notices, only once when me and my friend measured back to back once and he said "wtf did you grow?" Most people have their own problems to worry about than closely examine that your a few inches taller or that your hairline is a centimeter longer or that your hair is denser or thicker. And if you already get a girl back to her place, she's not gonna whip out a measuring tape and say, "you aren't exactly 6'3, get out."

barcafan

Reaction score
you people need to get real things to worry about. Life is too easy and its making everyone a huge pussy. jeeeeeeeesus