In France some dermatologists refuse to give propecia

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
claiming there could be long term consequences we're not aware of, and that they don't want to have any legal problem with patients in several years.

What do you think about it?

(btw, i've started to take it 3 weeks ago)

Stingray

Reaction score
The french are pussies.

Use propecia.

Axon

Reaction score
The drug (Proscar) has been around for 10 years. (1/7th of an average human lifetime.) People are not dying from it.

Everyone's got a theory.

G

khai said:
claiming there could be long term consequences we're not aware of, and that they don't want to have any legal problem with patients in several years.

What do you think about it?

(btw, i've started to take it 3 weeks ago)

Two points:

The French ARE pussies and that same thing could be said form most drugs.. In fact, there are long term consequences to everything, like... like, being pussies!

:freaked2:

G

I think it's typical French Politics. It's from America, it has to be bad.

Axon

Reaction score
SwordFish said:

Oh my God. I agree with you. Are you being sarcastic? That would explain this....

drinkrum

Reaction score
Axon said:
The drug (Proscar) has been around for 10 years. (1/7th of an average human lifetime.) People are not dying from it.

Everyone's got a theory.

I think Proscar's been out for longer than that. Or at least used on people for longer.

D.

G

Axon said:
SwordFish said:

Oh my God. I agree with you. Are you being sarcastic? That would explain this....

It's typical NIH (Not Invented Here). Happens all the time.

If we didn't make it it can't be that good or safe, because we are the best.

Axon

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
Axon said:

Everyone's got a theory.

I think Proscar's been out for longer than that. Or at least used on people for longer.

D.

You would be correct, but I did not want to enter into an insane flame war. The official release of Proscar was sometime in 1994, but the drug has been around since before that.

neonman1212

Reaction score
Axon wrote:

Most of the people taking Proscar are relatively older when they start it. I personally don't think it is wise to take hormone altering drugs for a prolonged period of time, particularly when you are relatively young.

Axon

Reaction score
Given that there is less testosterone and more DHT in the system as one gets older, I call shennanigins. EVERYONE has an agenda with Finasteride, you, me, everyone. If it's not for you, fine, but no one is dying from this drug over 5 years or 10 years. That's a fact and it is indisputable.

The original users of Proscar were around 45-50 and not exactly on the verge of death. Minimal difference. Not to mention the number of younger men that took the drug after hearing it regrows hair.

neonman1212

Reaction score
Axon wrote:
If it's not for you, fine, but no one is dying from this drug over 5 years or 10 years.

I bet there have been people on Finasteride that have developed cancer. Was the Finasteride the cause of their cancer who knows. Playing with hormones can be risky. Women have been taking hormone replacement therapy for years, a couple of years ago they discovered it was doing more harm (cancer) than good.

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
The dermatologists that refuse to give Propec are a small minority here. I still wanted to mention the fact that not everyone in the medical world agrees on every product. I guess some doctors were against the contraceptive pill originally.

Anyway, I'm not planning to stop taking it at all.

Only time will tell.

ndat20004

Reaction score
Actually I think there was a study that actually showed that it slowed or prevented some forms of prostate cancer in men...

However thats exactally what are thinking was with the hormone replacement theropy in women and it turned out to be wrong.

But proscar is basically lowers the potency of hormones in the body and the hormone replacement was rasing it. Ive basically come to the conclusion the less sex hormones the better off healthwise you will be, that doesnt mean their arent other consiquences.

I think it is ok for doctors to do this as long as they are making an informed decision. You dont want to have you patient take an undue risk, and if they feel it is then it is morally unacceptable to continue.

But I really dont think their concerns are justified, who knows lol....

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
neonman1212 said:
I bet there have been people on Finasteride that have developed cancer. Was the Finasteride the cause of their cancer who knows. Playing with hormones can be risky. Women have been taking hormone replacement therapy for years, a couple of years ago they discovered it was doing more harm (cancer) than good.

Everything causes cancer, might as well grow some hair while the cancer forms.....I highly doubt propecia will be the death of me or anyone for that matter.

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
SwordFish said:
Axon said:
SwordFish said:

It's typical NIH (Not Invented Here). Happens all the time.

If we didn't make it it can't be that good or safe, because we are the best.

First off I believe the drug was discovered in England and not America. The second thing is that most American drugs are made in Ireland and not in the states anymore because of the cheap labor. The FDA still oversees all the drugs that are made so the quality standards will be the same.

neonman1212

Reaction score
jblig wrote:
Everything causes cancer, might as well grow some hair while the cancer forms.

I took Propecia for about a year and come to find out I was having an allergic reaction to it. I became short of breath and had a burning sensation on my tongue. It finally dawned on me the it was the Propecia that was causing it, and I had to quit taking it. If Propecia were a cure for hair loss and did grow all your hair back I would say it probably is worth the risk, but considering what Propecia really does, is the reward worth the risk? I don't think so, I think it's more of a psychological crutch. I think my dog probably sheds more hair in a day than Propecia and Rogaine ever grew in a year.