In Germany And The World, Men Get Infertility And Other Diseases Related To Post-finasteride Syndrom

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus loves you
I still don't understand how the elimination of DHT makes someone a woman...? What if you use an anti-estrogen along with a DHT inhibitor? Problem solved!

DHT has one of the largest negatives which is hair loss. It's surprising that you don't value hair as much as others...

DHT is an important hormone for male. At least for their development and later for their masculinisation. And lower DHT leads to some very bad side effects (temporary and definitive).
If you lower you DHT level it's possible your penis shrink as well.

DHT is a part of our body, if you eliminate it it has consequences, hair regrowth is something we seek here, but low libido, less body hair, less manly face ... not things a lot of guys want.
I admit, those side effects are still pretty rare, according to the studies at least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5α-Reductase_deficiency
It's not something you want when you want to be a very manly man. And for kids with lack of DHT it can be very weird (born, then male after the onset of puberty).

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus loves you

DHT is an important hormone for male. At least for their development and later for their masculinisation. And lower DHT leads to some very bad side effects (temporary and definitive).
If you lower you DHT level it's possible your penis shrink as well.

DHT is a part of our body, if you eliminate it it has consequences, hair regrowth is something we seek here, but low libido, less body hair, less manly face ... not things a lot of guys want.
I admit, those side effects are still pretty rare, according to the studies at least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5α-Reductase_deficiency
It's not something you want when you want to be a very manly man. And for kids with lack of DHT it can be very weird (born, then male after the onset of puberty).

I honestly don't believe DHT is an important hormone in adults, and I believe hair loss is a reaction our bodies have pleading that we eliminate androgens. At the end of the day, research has shown that bald/balding men have a higher chance of developing prostate cancer. It surprises me that people don't understand the importance of hair, and it can't just be replaced with hair systems.

I am visualising it this way: when your body is having a reaction to something, your hair falls out. Eating disorders? Hair loss due to insufficient calorie consumption. Patterned baldness? Body reacting negatively to androgens.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I honestly don't believe DHT is an important hormone in adults, and I believe hair loss is a reaction our bodies have pleading that we eliminate androgens. At the end of the day, research has shown that bald/balding men have a higher chance of developing prostate cancer. It surprises me that people don't understand the importance of hair, and it can't just be replaced with hair systems.

I am visualising it this way: when your body is having a reaction to something, your hair falls out. Eating disorders? Hair loss due to insufficient calorie consumption. Patterned baldness? Body reacting negatively to androgens.

Let's agree to disagree then :p

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair transplant has one of the largest negatives which is hair loss. It's surprising that you don't value hair as much as others...

Blaming DHT is ridiculous. Blame your scalp genetics, not DHT... There are tons of uber masculine men walking around with NW1's.

And DHT is a very important hormone in the male body, it balances out estrogen and upregulates androgen receptors. Not to mention stimulating growth of body and facial hair, helping to burn fat, helping with confidence and anxiety... list goes on.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Blaming DHT is ridiculous. Blame your scalp genetics, not DHT... There are tons of uber masculine men walking around with NW1's.

And DHT is a very important hormone in the male body, it balances out estrogen and upregulates androgen receptors. Not to mention stimulating growth of body and facial hair, helping to burn fat, helping with confidence and anxiety... list goes on.

I think you misquoted what I said.

It's androgens which cause hair loss, and that's the same reason why women experience patterned hair loss. If it wasn't androgens, anti-androgens wouldn't work successfully. There are masculine men who have NW1s and NW0s but that's because they're not genetically doomed to be sensitive to the effects of androgens.

I won't comment much further on DHT being important within adult males, since we evidently have colliding opinions. Although, I'm not sure why you are acting as if body/facial hair is important. If you take DHT blockers after already developing body/facial hair, there won't be a reduction. Regarding your point of it 'helping with confidence and anxiety' that's a subjective idea since that wasn't the case for me and it isn't the case for many others. And, aren't balding men three times more likely to develop prostate cancer...? I found that information on one of the Replicel threads!

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So can someone enlighten me here, DHT is as far as we know somewhat responsible for hair loss? And finasteride works quite well for hair loss since it blocks testosterone from converting into DHT? But side effects of this is that estrogen gets more “space” in the body which can cause libido problems, Gyno and penis shrinking? Where do we have science behind penis shrinking? Also if DHT helps to burn fat? Will that automatically make you fatter if you are on finasteride? And confidence? Anxiety? Can someone please link to the science behind the last three statements?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So can someone enlighten me here, DHT is as far as we know somewhat responsible for hair loss? And finasteride works quite well for hair loss since it blocks testosterone from converting into DHT? But side effects of this is that estrogen gets more “space” in the body which can cause libido problems, Gyno and penis shrinking? Where do we have science behind penis shrinking? Also if DHT helps to burn fat? Will that automatically make you fatter if you are on finasteride? And confidence? Anxiety? Can someone please link to the science behind the last three statements?

If I'm being completely honest, penile shrinkage on finasteride doesn't exist. Situationally, it's most likely that they naturally have a smaller wiener but they noticed it late. It's easy to look for anything on medications, especially if you're worried and highly aware of side effects.

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Penile shrinkage on finastride? Is this a joke? I won’t be surprised if people reported gyno on CB, after reading some of these comments.

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me just point out that I don’t think penis shrinking is a real side effect but that I want the person who wrote that to show the source from where he got that information!

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol helping with confidence and anxiety, any data on that? good luck being a bald young man you will need lots of confidence DHT. also TIL uber masculine == high androgens yeah, right

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone

Metabolites of DHT have been found to act as neurosteroids with their own AR-independent biological activity.[17] 3α-Androstanediol is a potent positive allosteric modulator of the GABAA receptor, while 3β-androstanediol is a potent and selective agonist of the estrogen receptor (ER) subtype ERβ.[17] These metabolites may play important roles in the central effects of DHT and by extension testosterone, including their antidepressant, anxiolytic, rewarding/hedonic, anti-stress, and pro-cognitive effects.[17][18]

It doesn't take more than 5 minutes to find these things, that is, when you don't have a bro-science agenda of ignorance blinding your cognitive abilities. Or maybe that's the finasteride.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
well then happy balding, im sure that won't give you anxiety! I just posted a study yesterday which questioned the finasteride depression issue and found that 130 men who took finasteride didn't report any difference in their depression scores

And when people here report side effects you said it’s fake...
130 men... it’s nothing.
Side effects are uncommon but they still exist.
I think Finasteride is a good treatment, I regret I took it but I won’t recommend anyone for not* using it, because it works well for 95% of men, probably even more (works well, I mean side effects are acceptable, not talking about efficiency against baldness)

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the penis shrinkage is more like you can’t get a full erection so you just smaller. I wouldn’t be surprised if anyone gets gyno from nizoral 2%. I use 1% with no problem. As far as finasteride I definitely had sides but more on the mild side. My mood changed a bit depressed/easily irritated and i know we can associate depression with losing hair but it’s been 10 years that i stopped finasteride and I have a lot less hair now but no depression. I had no gyno on finasteride or none that was noticeable but my body did get a little softer. I’ve always been lean with a six pack and all but while on finasteride my pack turned into a 4 pack then 2 until eventually you couldn’t see it anymore. I got erection issues morning wood, semi hard erection and would go soft during sex. The sex part even though it was on the mild side I didn’t like it one bit. I was on finasteride for 1 year and a half and i think all it did was preserve my hair but i didn’t like the list of sides it gave me. 10 years later in my early 30s my sex drive is stronger than in my early 20s on finasteride. Why should I give my wife mediocre sex? Why add more problems to your life? So in summary finasteride does have a lot of side effects and even some you don’t notice until you get off of it. Luckily for me they all reversed. I also tried duta for 5 months and definitely bad side effects with gyno being the worst which also reversed after I stopped but took about 4 months if I remember correctly. That’s my history if it’s of any benefit to anyone.

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, understand I'm not the enemy, we're fighting against the same monster.

I advise everyone to use every alternative first (zix, microneedling + minoxidil), if that doesn't work I advise topical anti androgen treatment. Even a slowdown of hairloss is a success imo. When people experience agressive balding, even fina or duta is not enough so I advise a hair system. After 8 years of experience, I'm strongly against the use of oral anti androgens.

And DHT is an important hormone if you want a healthy sex life. (A lot of young guys are virgins when sadly, the start balding so they don't know why libido, etc is important for a good sex life) For some it also gives brain fog, DHT is abundantly found in the brain.

I also believe most men will experience side effects when taking fina, it's just a matter of time. That's what I mean when I say you guys need to learn the hard way.
Have you ever used fina or do you advice people not to try it based on the sides reported in these kind of forums? I’m just wondering as a non taker of fina.

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think he has used finasteride but experienced a 1% reduction in libido... Now he hates the medication!!!
Please let him answer...everybody have an opinion of fina here and we are all fighting it in our own way. There is no need for anybody to get upset by anyone’s opinion.

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes of course, I would not advise against it if I never took it. I was a fool just like the pro fina crowd you see in this thread before I took it and dismissed online anecdotes. So I competely understand where the pro fina crowd is coming from.
Okey nice of you to answer! I suppose you got sides and quit but did the sides stay or did it go away eventually? For how long did you use it?

INT

Reaction score
As someone that experienced PFS my thoughts on penile shrinkage: Yes, my penis overall felt smaller during my darkest days. Not just a little, but significantly. I have always been quite a big guy down there but that definitely changed during that time. I also experienced that my genitals often felt colder and that my balls were hanging closer to my body. When I had a (rare) boner it was also significantly smaller and thinner.

In a few months it will be 3 years since I quit the drug and I can say that size wise I am back to 100% so it does not have to be permanent.

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the same drug that people with enlarged prostate take, side effects are real and written on the label even if the dose is only 1mg.

I tried fina before and had brain fog, watery semen and testicular pain, I tried sticking through it by taking 0.5mg but the side effects did not go away and my doctor told me it's not worth it and recommended me to stop using it because it's going to cause me more problems down the road especially if you are trying to get married and have kids, doctor advised me to stop taking it 6 months before having a baby, anyways I stopped taking it after a couple months everything went back to normal within a couple weeks. Can't believe it's 2019 and finasteride is still a thing..