Infamous' Story - (21 /With Photos!!!)

infamous

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a 21 years old guy and i noticed my hairloss problem 2 years ago, i always had a receeded hairline, and thin hair. My dad and uncle are bald, but they had curly hairs and i have straight hair. Especially after bathing when i dry my hairs with towel, i've noticed i shed about 20-30 hairs.

My hair is always oily, even i wash it every day, and i think that is the main problem. I had a long haircut, but i noticed that i shed more hair when i have a short haircut. I'm thinking of using Proscar and nizoral, and waiting your advices.

Here are the photos:

resim001q.jpg

Code:
Last year, i decided to have a long haircut, shedding is normal as usual

mmt00060mmty.jpg

Code:
My classic haircut, i always have it

Code:
I took those pictures 2 days ago - with short hair. used 6300 mobile phone

28aralk2009.jpg

mmt00020.jpg

mmt00026.jpg

mmt00024.jpg

mmt00028.jpg

pulledback.jpg

mmt00027.jpg

Code:
wet and oily, haven't used shampoo - i hate it :/
topviewx.jpg

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Act now mate otherwise you will regret it.Yours is a clear case of frontal hairloss much like me.Consult a good dermatologist near you and I would advice you to start with proscar or finasteride as soon as you can.I believe you will see positive results soon...To me you look fine even with the receding hairline but I can feel your pain as I find myself in a similar position.Also you can add multivitamin pills for a few months in your regimen as they can make your hair stronger and healthier if you have any sort of deficiency.Above all try staying positive and in the next few months you will begin to notice a major decrease in your hair shed and possibly some regrowth too.The thing about these treatments for male pattern baldness is that they have to be taken on a permanent basis to regrow and maintain whatever you have.Dont let this SOB take the better of you...Good luck!

infamous

Reaction score
thanks for your advices, u gave me too much morale. i'm going to start with proscar + nizoral + minoxil forte and let's see if i can manage some regrowth.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
you are lucky because you look pretty good with your current hair right now.. I bet you can pull off a buzzcut really well. Get on big 3 and hope for the best.

infamous

Reaction score
zeroheat said:
you are lucky because you look pretty good with your current hair right now.. I bet you can pull off a buzzcut really well. Get on big 3 and hope for the best.

i play electroguitar for a metal band so i don't mind a buzzcut and buy an earring ^_^ but i don't like my head's shape when it's buzzed. and what kinda hairline do i have? norwood scale 2?

Number9

Reaction score
Hang off the minoxidil, try finasteride, nizoral and vitamins for a few months. Its a big commitment and a lot of work using minoxidil.

infamous

Reaction score
Number9 said:
Hang off the minoxidil, try finasteride, nizoral and vitamins for a few months. Its a big commitment and a lot of work using minoxidil.

thanks for advice. I'm going to start with finasteride and nizoral, and if i get good results then i can start minoxidil.

by the way, what kinda vitamins should i get?

and is that okay if i wash my hair every day? cuz it's so oily...

Number9

Reaction score
If you get results then you shouldn't start minoxidil, you may not need it and can always use it later as a back-up treatment, if all else fails.

You should first get a blood test done to check for any abnormalities (thyroid, etc). Regarding Vitamins - it's really up to you as to which brand to use. As long as it includes some of the following vitamins (not all required in one pill):

Vitamin B-complex (includes folate, biotin, inositol)
Vitamin B6/B12
Vitamin C & E
Magnesium, sulfur, zinc
Beta-Carotene
Vitamin A
MSM

Most general vitamin supplements aimed to help hair-growth or for general health usually include the above list

I wash my hair 5-6 times a week with organic/chemical free shampoos and nizoral, so in other words its up to you cause I'm not an expert. Plus you can wash your hair with just warm water 2 out of the 7 days.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interesting, your hair loss is very like mine. I'm 20 and probably have about the same amount as you. You don't have to worry though, you'll look great with a buzz cut. Go with Finasteride and Nizoral for the next while and try and forget about it.

Obsidian

Reaction score
decro435 said:
Interesting, your hair loss is very like mine. I'm 20 and probably have about the same amount as you. You don't have to worry though, you'll look great with a buzz cut. Go with Finasteride and Nizoral for the next while and try and forget about it.

I thought you killed yourself? :whistle:

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
decro435 said:

not very nice IMO

infamous

Reaction score
I've been getting vitamin pills (B1, B6, B12) for 2 weeks, haven't started finasteride&nizoral yet, but vitamin pills really works. Shedding is almost stopped, i see only 3-4 hairs when i wash my hair. By the way, my hair looks stronger and brighter.

I will go on using pills, and start finasteride&nizoral. lets see if i can regrow my hair.

P.S= My english sux.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that :) ....You can throw in Zinc and cod liver [omega 3 fatty acids] pills somewhere down the road.A lot of people here might disagree with me but I can tell you that all these pills along with a proper diet will certainly help in controlling hairloss in the long run.Zinc is supposed to be a DHT inhibitor but it is most effective when taken every alternate day.I am just trying to buy myself some time by using these before I get on finasteride.BTW your speak pretty good English...

infamous

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

A bit update. Started using nizoral %2 for 2 weeks and news are bad. I never had dandruff problem and itching, but i think nizoral caused that. Also I shed more hairs since i've been using it. Is that normal? I mean dandruff and itching.

Taking vitamin pills as usual. Haven't had a blood test yet. That's all.

infamous

Reaction score
I think i have a shedding period. Sometimes shedding is bad, sometimes not even a hair. And one more thing, i'm shedding body hairs, mostly on my legs. Yea, that's a good thing cuz i dont want them, and it gave me an idea if i have an hormonal problem or not.

Btw, i'm adding pine oil in my shampoo. It really works, i haven't researched it but i realised when i use nizoral, i lose more hairs, 20 or 30 in a day. But when i use my other shampoo (pineoil included), i lose 8-10 hairs. I smell like a christmass tree when i use it, but who cares?

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
decro435 said:

Wow.

People like you deserve to Male Pattern Baldness. I'm a good guy, always have been. I come and give some guy some helpful information to try and help him and you decide to take it upon yourself to demean me like that. I went through an extremely rough time and have finally come out of it. I hope I never go back there again. Your hair loss is nowhere near the severity of mine, nor do you have the number of other problems I have, so don't expect that you know what I went through because you don't. Why are you on a help forum if you don't contribute helpful information?.

Please tell me the rest of the forum members don't listen to this guy, do you?. Cassin, why are members like this guy allowed to do this?.

infamous

Reaction score
I had been using only nizoral for 2-3 months, and results were giving hope. At least thin hairs on my temples got thicker and darker.

Getting 1mg finasteride daily for 20 days, but i'm shedding worse than ever, and it's the worst shed i've ever had. I mean i've never shed like that before, it's about 50 hairs after every shover...

Should i stop getting finasteride? What's your advice?

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
infamous said:
Should i stop getting finasteride? What's your advice?
Stopping finasteride now is the worst thing you can do right now.. stick with it! Hair grows back thicker/stronger after the shed. Do not stop.