Is 1200 grafts enough to fix this?

shookwun

Reaction score
but yeah I do agree, you have great hair and dont even need a transplant. Most of us would kill for for good mane like yours.

My hair is so crap in comparison.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't need a hair transplant, O want one. I want to fix my hairline so I look like I'm not in the early stages of male pattern baldness. I want a solid, True Norwood 2 hairline, I'm close to NW2 but the density at the front is very thin directly to the left and right of my centre parting before becoming dense again. Want to fix that. Temple angles are not good and very unforgiving for my wife forehead. I'm limited to 1500 grafts with the surgeon I chose so I could reinforce the forelock, if shock loss was a non issue, but then there wouldn't be enough to work in my hairline and temples. This will sound like pure privilege to many people here, but my goal is to expose my temples and rock a man bun and no longer hide behind bangs/fringe. Also my hairline looks see through under unnatural lights.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not add dutasteride and see if it gives you extra density?

Will be interested to see how this goes. De Reys interests me, seems to have good reputation but is renowned for being very conservative (whereas Erdogan is known for aggressive dense-packing hairlines)

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I added dutasteride 6 weeks ago 3x per week. I don't expect it will make much difference, I'd say finasteride and 15% minoxidil will probably get the most gains, I don't think dutasteride will regrow much, but should protect my hair for longer than finasteride.

I appreciate the concern Dench and Roberto, I would be concerned if he intended to lower my hairline, I wouldn't fancy having a wispy, low density band of hair below my hairline, Dr de Reys representative said he intended to dense pack single hair grafts

"For your hairline the doctor will use two densely-packed rows of single-hair grafts and for the temples he will use multi-hair grafts to create density. I have written an explanation of his this works on the hair restoration network forum which you can find here: http://www.**********************.com/eve/177660-making-hairline-dr-de-reys-2700-grafts-fue.html"
Since this is a relatively small operation it is possible for the doctor to shave a strip (20x3cm) in the donor area which will allow the remaining hair to cover the strip.

Dense packing isn't a phrase you often hear of when reading about DR De Reys, but I don't doubt he can do it very well, I've seen some fine examples. Dr Erdogan tends to lower hairlines as well as dense pack. Dr De Reys tends to leave hairlines where they are or construct relatively conservative ones so I appreciate a cautious approach as long as he gets good cosmetic results. I will of course post updates after the surgery but I won't be dissuaded, I will have the surgery done and hopefully the results will be good and I won't need another surgery for quite a while...