Is Looking "badass" The Only Option You Have?

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Problems with pre-NW4 hair are mostly at the margins. You may lose access to very valuable social goods (8+ females, elite social circles, positions with high demands on your image, et.c.) but in general you will 1) not be perceived as bald, 2) be able to attract decent women looks-wise, 3) not face much discrimination in social or professional life purely because of your hair.

Post-NW4 and pre-NW4 represents a massive difference in quality of life. Here, I made a chart:
View attachment 73108

It's science

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus...so most guys here wouldn't care if they were bald if they were over six feet tall?

All I read here is how badly guys want to get laid and how since some girls are into big bald guys, that's all that matters. Are guys this desperate? They don't care how girls perceive them as long as they get their dick wet? I swear, I've never heard more bullshit pickup artist crap or "incel" nonsense.

blackg

Reaction score
Jesus...so most guys here wouldn't care if they were bald if they were over six feet tall?

All I read here is how badly guys want to get laid and how since some girls are into big bald guys, that's all that matters. Are guys this desperate? They don't care how girls perceive them as long as they get their dick wet? I swear, I've never heard more bullshit pickup artist crap or "incel" nonsense.
I'm with you.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Your perception of how women perceive men is almost certainly fiction.

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My comments were about how men perceive how women see them. So you figure that as long as the guy is big/tall enough, his baldness doesn't matter?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My comments were about how men perceive how women see them. So you figure that as long as the guy is big/tall enough, his baldness doesn't matter?
It matters much less as you still have the most important thing going on. A millionaire can lose half his money, but a paycheck-to-paycheck guy can't lose his job.

Imagine if a thin woman went on a women's forum and said that she would prefer to be fat, because only the wrong kind of guys prefer thin women. She might say that only men with control issues prefer thin women.

That's what you're doing.

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That assumes that if you're tall/big enough, hair doesn't matter to women and it does to most of them. While some women will still find you attractive, it's going to be:

a) Trashy types who think men should look like they can kick ***. The kind that find wrestlers, cops, soldiers, bouncers, and other authority types hot.

b) Big women who want a big man to make them look better by comparison (e.g., "I love that finally I get to feel small next to someone!")

c) Less attractive, often older women who figure that a guy who has lost his hair probably isn't picky about his partner's looks.

Last edited:

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the same problem everyone else here has: we fear that people will get the wrong impression of us because we're bald. Just because you think the problems of baldness are erased if you're big enough to adopt some silly Badass stereotype doesn't mean my issues aren't as valid. This isn't a contest to see who has it worst. Some guys here wish they were tall/big enough to adopt the Badass image, but that doesn't mean I am obligated to love it nor feel ashamed to forsake what other guys (not other women, notably) think is attractive.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the same problem everyone else here has: we fear that people will get the wrong impression of us because we're bald. Just because you think the problems of baldness are erased if you're big enough to adopt some silly Badass stereotype doesn't mean my issues aren't as valid. This isn't a contest to see who has it worst. Some guys here wish they were tall/big enough to adopt the Badass image, but that doesn't mean I am obligated to love it nor feel ashamed to forsake what other guys (not other women, notably) think is attractive.
your face isnt manly enough to do the badass thing anyways

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
That assumes that if you're tall/big enough, hair doesn't matter to women and it does to most of them. While some women will still find you attractive, it's going to be:

a) Trashy types who think men should look like they can kick ***. The kind that find wrestlers, cops, soldiers, bouncers, and other authority types hot.

b) Big women who want a big man to make them look better by comparison (e.g., "I love that finally I get to feel small next to someone!")

c) Less attractive, often older women who figure that a guy who has lost his hair probably isn't picky about his partner's looks.
I really disagree with this.

I've got tattoos and muscles - and while I don't have the bad boy personality - I may have a bit of a bad boy look.

When I was at university between the age of 27-30 I met and dated plenty of phd students and seminar leaders.

Hot is hot. Attractive is attractive. Hardly revelations but it needs to be said that saying 'only trashy women like tough guys' is a cope.

Whether working class or middle class, most women will not say no to this....

tumblr_o222ulHrgB1qde7iyo1_r1_500.jpg

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It matters much less as you still have the most important thing going on. A millionaire can lose half his money, but a paycheck-to-paycheck guy can't lose his job.

Imagine if a thin woman went on a women's forum and said that she would prefer to be fat, because only the wrong kind of guys prefer thin women. She might say that only men with control issues prefer thin women.

That's what you're doing.
Hit the nail right on the head.

I promised myself I wouldn't ever humor you with a sincere response, but here we go. Who says that being tall means you MUST be a badass? This is some weird fantasy world you're living in. The fact of the matter is yes, hair is the most important aspect of a young (30 and under) man's appearance. End of story. But height is a very, VERY close second. Have you ever thought to yourself that there is much more to being tall than just being a "badass?" Height is universally seen as a more masculine, alpha trait to have. Being tall commands more respect, and women are naturally drawn to height. There are plenty of normal looking guys, but because some are 6'2 as opposed to 5'7 they will naturally get more respect from women, as well as the people they come across in daily life. There is plenty of evidence that supports this. If you're tall but still fail with women, it's because of either one or both of the below reasons:

1. You're hideously ugly despite your height
2. You have severe mental problems

Now, I wouldn't say you have severe mental problems per se, but you're definitely suffering from some major BDD. I saw your pic (no stalker), and you don't come across as a badass, thug, or any other synonymous term. Have you thought to yourself that maybe women are drawn to you not because they think you're a "badass," but because you're tall? Women (especially non-white) love tall, Caucasian men.

So in short, no you don't have the same problems everyone here has, and NO your problems aren't as valid. You're complaining about being tall; imagine a homeless person hearing a billionaire complaining about not having enough rooms in his mansion to store all his gold. That's what short guys are thinking when they see you post your nonsense.

Last edited:

blackg

Reaction score
You're complaining about being tall; imagine a homeless person hearing a billionaire complaining about not having enough rooms in his mansion to store all his gold. That's what short guys are thinking when they see you post your nonsense.

Go easy.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
To answer the op's question: "Is looking badass the only option you have?"

No there is the option that most of us bald guys choose. It's the option to look like an ***.

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hit the nail right on the head.

Height is universally seen as a more masculine, alpha trait to have. Being tall commands more respect, and women are naturally drawn to height.

Now, I wouldn't say you have severe mental problems per se, but you're definitely suffering from some major BDD. I saw your pic (no stalker), and you don't come across as a badass, thug, or any other synonymous term.

I'd like to know more of what you mean by BDD. I don't think 6'3" is freakishly tall, but it's enough where I get remarks (almost always from men) every month or two. To me, BDD means I think I'm hideously ugly or freakishly big/tall.

That pic is not how I normally dress. I love how people used to dress up all the time and hate the current trend of wearing your pajamas to the supermarket, but fedoras have become politically loaded and in my profession, even wearing a tie is suspect (I'm a copywriter).

It's hard for me to accept that I'm going to turn off a lot of women who might give me a chance if I had hair.

Last edited:

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not tall. I am fit, but need to drop like 15 lbs.
I have always said when I shave my head the caliber of woman interested in me drops. Some are cute but there is a caveat of some sort. Others are just kind of more ghetto. It's actually still more female attention than when I don't shave though, just the wrong kind.
If I was single is still clean that up tho, I like a trashy b**ch!
I wish I was 6' tho, just as man alone it seems like a more male height than 5-8.
Also yes more woman will take a bald guy if he is tall than a shorter one, everything is a compromise in the end.

This is kind of a response to a few people but I'm too lazy to quite right now

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not tall. I am fit, but need to drop like 15 lbs.
I have always said when I shave my head the caliber of woman interested in me drops. Some are cute but there is a caveat of some sort. Others are just kind of more ghetto. It's actually still more female attention than when I don't shave though, just the wrong kind.
If I was single is still clean that up tho, I like a trashy b**ch!
I wish I was 6' tho, just as man alone it seems like a more male height than 5-8.
Also yes more woman will take a bald guy if he is tall than a shorter one, everything is a compromise in the end.

This is kind of a response to a few people but I'm too lazy to quite right now

I've looked at a lot of male celebs who shaved their heads for a role or because they're getting older. It's fascinating to see what women are still interested vs. those who say their attraction is gone.
I wonder how many of us on here can't help but wonder, no matter how attractive we are bald/balding, how much better we'd look with a full head of hair.

When you start to lose your hair, you can no longer count on looking youthful or cute. Maybe that's why people here value height and masculinity so much. Most people, men or women, want someone who looks young.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've looked at a lot of male celebs who shaved their heads for a role or because they're getting older. It's fascinating to see what women are still interested vs. those who say their attraction is gone.
I wonder how many of us on here can't help but wonder, no matter how attractive we are bald/balding, how much better we'd look with a full head of hair.

When you start to lose your hair, you can no longer count on looking youthful or cute. Maybe that's why people here value height and masculinity so much. Most people, men or women, want someone who looks young.
Depends what you mean by young.

I began to do a lot better with women after turning 28.

I added muscle, developed my style, and was more experienced so knew how to handle social situations.

When I was a teenager I was skinny, acne ridden, and angst riddled - so youth wasn't so good to me.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

I dont know how much of it is youth tho when its a woman to a man. Men prefer the youthful appearance because women on average (MOST OF THEM) just dont age well. Women need much more work to maintain an attractive appearance as they age and most just say "f*** it", get fat, cut their hair short, and start wearing slacks. I mean can you blame a guy for wanting someone younger at that point. On the other spectrum though there are guys with full heads of stark grey hair that women think are gorgeous. Hair, to ME, has always been equated with beauty, trust, heroism, virtue, strength and loyalty. Bald is ALWAYS the villain. These are not Hollywood created tropes, they are the way we as a species view these 2 sides of the spectrum.
Hair equals a high paying CEO, a rock star, a movie star, a business man, where bald equals an uneducated blue collar shmoe.
Even if you go towards the idea that a bald head means alpha, dominance or authority, NONE of those are going to fit with a guy who is 5-8 or less. Does a bald 5-3 guy emanate authority to you? Not usually, so we need that height to give us the stature to go with the bald head. My one saving grace is my physique but even then, I just look like a 5-8 guy who just got out of jail, not really an authority figure. If I was 6' then a shaving my head could be a "look" I was going for more than a forced way of life. Its all smoke and mirrors.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know how much of it is youth tho when its a woman to a man. Men prefer the youthful appearance because women on average (MOST OF THEM) just dont age well. Women need much more work to maintain an attractive appearance as they age and most just say "f*** it", get fat, cut their hair short, and start wearing slacks. I mean can you blame a guy for wanting someone younger at that point. On the other spectrum though there are guys with full heads of stark grey hair that women think are gorgeous. Hair, to ME, has always been equated with beauty, trust, heroism, virtue, strength and loyalty. Bald is ALWAYS the villain. These are not Hollywood created tropes, they are the way we as a species view these 2 sides of the spectrum.
Hair equals a high paying CEO, a rock star, a movie star, a business man, where bald equals an uneducated blue collar shmoe.
Even if you go towards the idea that a bald head means alpha, dominance or authority, NONE of those are going to fit with a guy who is 5-8 or less. Does a bald 5-3 guy emanate authority to you? Not usually, so we need that height to give us the stature to go with the bald head. My one saving grace is my physique but even then, I just look like a 5-8 guy who just got out of jail, not really an authority figure. If I was 6' then a shaving my head could be a "look" I was going for more than a forced way of life. Its all smoke and mirrors.
bald is usually associated with intelligence, education, and being hypercivilized though? obviously not attractive however