Is my friend fooling me?

cmoneyt8ker

Reaction score
ok heres the story...my friend who I see on a weekly basis had been going on an nw2 easy....last night we were hanging out and I saw that he was growing a perfect hairline....i mean a teenage hairline. He had never told me he was taking any medicine so I asked him about it. He said he wasn't trying to regrow his hair but he was trying to get in perfect shape for a half marathon in may. He has been taking this suppliment which I wont name because the mods will think i am spamming but he said thats all hes been using and i mean he is growing back serious hair.....the suppliment has TONS and TONS of stuff in it. What gives???? btw i bought some today.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
tell us wtf the name of the product and we'll tell you if he's fooling you.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If he had name it, and it was a scam, i swear to god we would have all jumped on him accusing him for spaming.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
sphlanx2006 said:
If he had name it, and it was a scam, i swear to god we would have all jumped on him accusing him for spaming.

Yeah maybe we would have, but he asked if his freind was fooling him and how are we suppose to answer if we don't even know what he is using. If he's rubbing bull semen in his hair then yeah we'll probably say he's being fooled, but if it is something that has been known to help people then maybe it is legit. It just seems silly to me to ask a question about a product without saying what it is.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a SCAM! I am not going to buy your supplement with "TONS and TONS of stuff in it".

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
At least he is trying to be clever about spamming. He might want to get a less revealing name than cmoneyt8ker though.

cmoneyt8ker

Reaction score
cmoneyt8ker is my online poker name i just used it here to cause its eay to remember...the stuff is called emerald balance use code 48585 for 10% off. haha im just kidding but that really is what its called.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nutrition Facts:

Serving Size (tablespoon) 1
Servings Per 30
Calories 52
Calories from Fat 12
Total Fat (g) 1.2
Sat. Fat (g) 0
Vitamin A 580 IU
Vitamin E 235 IU
Total Carbs (g) 6
Vitamin C 585 mg
Dietary Fiber (g) 1.5
Iron 1.5 mg
Protein (g) 2.5
Sodium 50.7mg
Potassium 28.2 mg
Calcium 40 mg

Ingredient Details:

Free of: any wheat, beans, yeast, spinach, nuts, sugar, fructose, or dairy products.

Other Ingredients: Certified Organic Barley Grass Juice Powder, Spirulina Powder, Chlorella - Cracked Cell

Non-Dairy Probiotic Cultures Blend:
Lactobacillus Rhamnosus Types A & B, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Longus, Bifidobacterium Breve, Lactobacillus Bulgaricus

Vitamin C (Natural Rose Hips)
Vitamin E (d-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate)

Superconnect-Râ„¢ Antioxidant Blend (Proprietary): Red Raspberry Powder, Parsley Juice Powder, Acerola, Blueberry Powder, Bioflavonoids (Citrus), Turmeric Powder, Dandelion Leaf, Green Tea (60% Polyphenols, 40% Catechins), Grape Seed Extract (95% Proanthocyanidins)

Soy Lecithin Powder (99% Oil Free)
Aloe Vera (Freeze-Dried)
Watercress Juice Powder
Bamboo
Horsetail
Stevia
Ginger Powder (Freeze-Dried)
Royal Jelly (5% 10-HDA)
Royal Jelly (5% 10-HDA)
Cinnamon Powder
Suma (Paffia panniculata)
Astragalus membranaceus
Damiana
Carrot Juice Powder
Nova Scotia Dulse
Organic Beet Juice Powder
Silymarin (Milk Thistle 80% Extract)
Dandelion
Ginkgo Biloba (24% Ginkgo Flavoglycosides 6% Terpene Lactones)
Pow-R-Fiberâ„¢ Blend (Proprietary): Apple Pectin, Apple Fiber, Rice Bran Solubles, Flax Seed Meal (Cert. Organic, 90% Oil-Free)
Natural Enzymes Derived from Plants: Protease, Cellulase, Amylase, Lipase
Pow-R-Flavorâ„¢ (Proprietary):

Orange Juice Powder, Pineapple Juice Powder, Spearmint.

http://www.fitnesshealthcenters.com/Cat ... Path/23_86

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here is what i've seen talked about here:

tumeric powder (curcumin)
horsetail (silica)
grape seed extract
green tea extract

Looks like a quality blend if you ask me. I would personally recommend getting Biosil for choline-stabilized orthosilicic acid (bioavailable silicon) instead of relying upon silica (silicon dioxide) from horsetail, though.

Riordan

Reaction score
okay. the ingredients are excellent. everything you'd want for hair.

i already placed an order.

Strange Days

Reaction score
We need a breakdown of the quantities of each antioxidant, eg. the grape seed extract is 95% OPC, but there might only be 10/20mg of it.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Strange Days said:
We need a breakdown of the quantities of each antioxidant, eg. the grape seed extract is 95% OPC, but there might only be 10/20mg of it.

Agreed. Good list of ingredients, looks like it'd be good for overall health, but without a breakdown of ingredients by amount, you can't really put faith in the product. Of course they could lie about how much of each ingredient is in the product, too. That's why I'd stick to brands I'm more trusting in: NSI, NOW Foods, Jarrow, EAS, Twinlab, ProLab, Optimum Nutrition (their all natural Gold Standard whey isolate will be my next order.)

Strange Days

Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
Agreed. Good list of ingredients, looks like it'd be good for overall health, but without a breakdown of ingredients by amount, you can't really put faith in the product. Of course they could lie about how much of each ingredient is in the product, too. That's why I'd stick to brands I'm more trusting in: NSI, NOW Foods, Jarrow, EAS, Twinlab, ProLab, Optimum Nutrition (their all natural Gold Standard whey isolate will be my next order.)

Here's a similar blend at iherb.com, GSE only 20mg.

Riordan

Reaction score
if you increase frequency of intake, that should increase the percentage/dosage of ingredients intake, right?

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Riordan said:
if you increase frequency of intake, that should increase the percentage/dosage of ingredients intake, right?

As badly as you butchered that question, no matter what you are asking, yes of course you'll get more of whatever it is you're looking to get more of.

Riordan

Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
Riordan said:

As badly as you butchered that question, no matter what you are asking, yes of course you'll get more of whatever it is you're looking to get more of.

LOL! ok. you'll see my review on their site after a month.