Is my friend fooling me?

cmoneyt8ker

Reaction score
i asked him seriously about it today...his hairline is looking great. He said thats all hes using and he didnt start using this stuff for his hair....just a side effect if u will. anyway...im using it too lets see what happens.

Riordan

Reaction score
cmoneyt8ker said:
i asked him seriously about it today...his hairline is looking great. He said thats all hes using and he didnt start using this stuff for his hair....just a side effect if u will. anyway...im using it too lets see what happens.

brother, once i received my order, i'll post here so we can monitor together what the effects will be. in any instance, if this will not give us growth, at least it's a health product, so nothing lost there.

Riordan

Reaction score
Optimist said:
U got suckered

hmm.. let's see brother...why don't we change your name to "PESSIMIST" instead of Optimist....lols.. peace.

well, the problem actually is identifying which of these snake oils, supps, duts and what-nots im taking are really working for me since i am beginning to grow my hairline and now the vellous hairs are beginning to thicken. i can't even tell if its dutasteride, this all natural topical i ordered from a hair site, this indian oil, my supps, nizoral, etc. and now this emerald balance.

oh well, the important things is these things are doing what they're supposed to do. and im glad i got into these hair forums. i've gained a lot in terms of info and hair mainentenance and now, a little growth, but quite significant, one that i have been wishing for a long time.

newguy23

Reaction score
im on my fifth month of propecia and hair loss has slowed down tremendously(almost completely stopped) i just ordered this emerald green cause it looks good just for the regular heath benefits alone and if i get regrowth from it great

cmoneyt8ker

Reaction score
before you start telling him he got scammed look at my other posts...i have never endorsed a product and i am not endorsing this one. Im jus telling you what I saw. anyway...ill keep you guys updated

Riordan

Reaction score
cmoneyt8ker said:
before you start telling him he got scammed look at my other posts...i have never endorsed a product and i am not endorsing this one. Im jus telling you what I saw. anyway...ill keep you guys updated

i have an officemate who's using a combination of three topicals which he applies alternately. damn, it's beginning to thicken his vellous hairs and he's growing his hairline. he's been using the 3 topicals for 4 months now. around 3rd month, some vellous hairs began to thicken and at that same time 3rd month, small hairs began to come out of his hairline, and now those small hairs are beginning to thicken as well. shedding is not an issue for him anymore. i initially laughed at his experiment bcos using 3 topicals is just beyond me but now im also trying it (one week). but i will never post a thread here about these 3 topicals bcos ppl like Optimist will just accuse me of scam. anyway, if it works for me in three months, i will look for you here so i can e-mail you and share it with you ONLY together with pics if i would respond to this combo. good luck to us.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Who cares if people like me call it a scam? If you really believe in it you shouldn't care about others questioning it. You have every right to talk about any hocus pocus on here and people like me have every right to call it hocus pocus. I'm not trying to be obtuse or mean spirited, but I will voice my opinion on treatments I think are scams.

One thing you have to look out for is people getting hair transplants or pieces and then covering it up by saying they used some bs treatment. For example, Matthew McCanaughey (misspelled) did this after he got either a transplant or a piece. He went on Letterman with a perfect hairline and when Dave called him out on it he said he used regenix which is a bs product because it sounds better than saying, "oh i got a hairpiece." Typically if it sounds to good to be true than it is.

Riordan

Reaction score
WHY? HAVE YOU TRIED EMERALD BALANCE ALREADY TO CALL IT A SCAM?

You should at least checked the ingredients. Emerald Balance ingreds are the ones endlessly discussed in all hair forums, which means they're beneficial, one way or another. Their company may not be popular but that doesn't qualify them as scammers.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
I still think you should have the balls to post your treatment so I can call it a scam :)

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Optimist said:
I still think you should have the balls to post your treatment so I can call it a scam :)

Why are you in the experimental treatments section? I think the Minoxidil section is a little more up your alley.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in this section becuase I experiment. I'm currently trying Apple Poly (which may turn out to be bogus). The only reason I started with the scam stuff is because people were talking about miracle drugs and not saying what they were. I think if you have something that has legitimate potential (more than a multi-vitamin for example) than there should be no fear in posting it in this section. I waste a lot of money on scams and will probably continue to do so in the future, but I usually like to have a little healthy discussion about the product before trying it. Saying you have some great drug or supplement without saying what it is just sounds pointless to me and shady.

I think it is important to be a smart experimentor and not just try every single thing that someone says works. Also, the argument that you have to try something before you can question it is rediculous. The burden of proof should be on those who are advocating its use.

I don't use minidoxil, so the thread wouldn't be of much use, but thanks for hte suggestion.

Riordan

Reaction score
Optimist said:
I'm in this section becuase I experiment.

and when ppl offer their experimental ideas, you easily jump to say scam without even investigating what's in it or trying it. what you need is a 'miracle section' where overnight formulas will grow your hair, which is next to impossible.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
As I said before, I think it is a mistake to say that you have to try every drug before being able to evaluate it. I'm trying Apple Poly because there is a scientific basis for it.

What is the scientific basis for the stuff you are using? You won't even say what the product is. The scams are always based on testimonies of growing hair and yet lack scientific studies to support their efficacy. If you have good reasons for supporting your product you wouldn't be ashamed to post it on here.

Riordan

Reaction score
Optimist said:
What is the scientific basis for the stuff you are using? You won't even say what the product is. The scams are always based on testimonies of growing hair and yet lack scientific studies to support their efficacy. If you have good reasons for supporting your product you wouldn't be ashamed to post it on here.

you probly forgot the origin of the thread, and it's Emerald Balance, the product which you said is a scam. but if you're talking abt my post to the original poster of this thread, where i mention abt the 3 topicals, well, i am not endorsing it to anyone coz i replied only to him. and even if it works for me, i will never tell it here, only to him via private e-mail, as i have written there. why? bcos i will never subject myself to comments that will make me feel like im scamming ppl.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If anyone decides to order this, get it at vitacost.com, it's 10 bucks cheaper than at the emerald balance website.

Think about the NOW Foods green formula though instead. It doesn't have as many things, but it lists how much of each ingredient there is...

http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=629

I think I am going to give the Emerald Balance a try though. Thanks cmoneyt8ker

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Riordan said:
Optimist said:

you probly forgot the origin of the thread, and it's Emerald Balance, the product which you said is a scam. but if you're talking abt my post to the original poster of this thread, where i mention abt the 3 topicals, well, i am not endorsing it to anyone coz i replied only to him. and even if it works for me, i will never tell it here, only to him via private e-mail, as i have written there. why? bcos i will never subject myself to comments that will make me feel like im scamming ppl.

I still think you are chicken for not saying what your 3 topicals are. I would never make a decision out of fear of criticism. This shows you are insecure as a person, or you do not believe in your products.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Optimist said:
I'm trying Apple Poly because there is a scientific basis for it.

Where did you get ApplePoly in the UK? I can't seem to find it anywhere...