Is Saw Palmetto Is Working For Me?

astros148

Established Member
Reaction score
i started around sept 1st, and i use to find a good amount of hairs on my pillows, and now i dont find much hairs at all and my vertex is getting a bit thicker. also when i do lose my hairs its very smaller hairs and i think that may be a shed? i use to lose longer hairs in the showers but now its the smaller hairs and from what i can tell there growing back.

now i already ordered some finasteride and i should be getting it sometime this week so im really undecided on what to do

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
astros148 said:
i started around sept 1st, and i use to find a good amount of hairs on my pillows, and now i dont find much hairs at all and my vertex is getting a bit thicker. also when i do lose my hairs its very smaller hairs and i think that may be a shed? i use to lose longer hairs in the showers but now its the smaller hairs and from what i can tell there growing back.

now i already ordered some finasteride and i should be getting it sometime this week so im really undecided on what to do
use finasteride
scrap saw palmetto
it's not a DHT inhibitor and it never has been

G

Personally I wouldn't touch finasteride even if someone paid me.

G

astros148 said:
goten574 said:
bad experience?

Never tried it, never wish to. I've heard stories of permanent side effects... rare but not impossible. A lot of people get sides that they cannot tolerate, so they quit, and end up where they started. It is not known what things finasteride does to the body, it's just too risky for me.

ali777

Reaction score
If you don't get any side effects from SP, you are very likely not to get any from finasteride neither.

Good luck!!!

Thickster

Reaction score
i meant of Saw Palmetto in case it wasn't clear...

Wouldn't use finasteride...

(had sexual side effects and another weird one...my partner said it gave me bad breathe)

who knows what it's doing to our hormone balance actually??

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i used sp for a year and i regret ever wasting my money on it and not getting finasteride instead
i have seen websites like propeciahelp.com etc but the problem with their claim is i see them make no comparison to the amount of men that get erectile dysfunction systematically
according to the mmhc http://www.mmhc-online.com/articles/impotency.html
* One in 10 men in the world have erectile dysfunction.
* 30 million men in the United States have erectile dysfunction.
* 50% of men with diabetes have erectile dysfunction, frequently within 10 years of diagnosis.
* The likelihood of erectile dysfunction increases with age: 39% at age 40, 65% over the age of 65.
* Smokers have a higher likelihood of erectile dysfunction. Men who smoke more than 1 pack per day have a 50% higher chance of impotency than nonsmokers the same age.

if we compare that to the 2% of men on propecia (ie % of placebo vs % on finesteride)

Thickster

Reaction score
Ya know, to each his own. I'm glad it's working for you. Horrible for me. I don't want to tamper with my system like that anymore, it's the only thing I tried briefly, so I"m experimenting with all the other options and more natural things now.

There is no "mass" solution. we each have to try things and figure out what would work best for us. If there was a magic bullet, this site wouldn't even exist.

Thanks for you thoughts,

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
dpdr said:
Saw Palmetto works perfectly for me

How much are you taking, who makes it, and what other supplements are you on?
Really curious, dropping finasteride and getting on saw palmetto would save me a forune...

Thickster

Reaction score
I'm figuring things out for myself...don't have all the answers.

what i'm trying is a liquid tincture of SPB, your health food store will have them...liquids bypass digestion issues.

i like naturalcrown a topical mineral supplement (bought both months up front to get the discount a little pricy - but stuff is working)

also you should get blood work done by your doctors, (i did this and found interesting things). Make sure you've got a working thyroid and all T hormones, proper iron levels, balanced testosterone, plus all vitamins and minerals in normal ranges.

if internal chemistry is off, we can't expect full heads of "high school" hair. I'm taking some stuff to balance out what my blood work showed.

I'm still a newbie and making my way...

but I like the things I'm trying now, subtle changes and that's cool. maintaining, growing some thickness, no shed, no side effects.

So, no drugs for me...messed me up!

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
Todd said:
dpdr said:
Saw Palmetto works perfectly for me

How much are you taking, who makes it, and what other supplements are you on?
Really curious, dropping finasteride and getting on saw palmetto would save me a forune...
It's been 4 years that use Saw Palmetto because of a urinary deserden I have, and it also stopped my hairloss, I used finasteride 1 mg for 6 months, but stopped because I had MANY side with her

Reaction score
If you gonna use saw palmetto combine it with pygeum, and nettle....look for supps with prostate help written on them as they contain good mixtures of other stuff in them.

DHTHater

Established Member
Reaction score
goten574 said:
astros148 said:
goten574 said:
bad experience?

Never tried it, never wish to. I've heard stories of permanent side effects... rare but not impossible. A lot of people get sides that they cannot tolerate, so they quit, and end up where they started. It is not known what things finasteride does to the body, it's just too risky for me.

Totally overblown. I spoke with my doctor, Sara Wasserbauer MD, and she giggled about people that cling obstinately to the one or two bad stories they read online, because she says the only people really compelled to write online are the ones that had side effects (ie: the 1-3%). So people on the fence end up reading those guys and think that's Finasteride.

She calmly, and genuinely dispelled a lot of the misinformation, and fear-mongering that is so pervasive on the internet about Finasteride, explaining that of the thousands she has on it in her area, nobody reports side effects, save a few gentlemen over 50 who said their problems resolved after a few weeks of letting their body adjust.

I'm glad I listened to her, because I went in thinking I was gambling with my manhood, and left knowing that I had better odds at getting struck by lightening than seeing any side effects, and even if I did , my body would adjust within a week or two.

So far I'm still humping my gf like a bunny rabbit, no sign of man-boobs and my hair loss seems stymied thus far.

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
DHTHater said:
Totally overblown. I spoke with my doctor, Sara Wasserbauer MD,

Is she Sara Wasserbauer, the former bukkake and gangbang p**rn legend?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
vauxall said:
DHTHater said:
Totally overblown. I spoke with my doctor, Sara Wasserbauer MD,

Is she Sara Wasserbauer, the former bukkake and gangbang p**rn legend?
BN.jpg