Is there anything I can do about my receding hairline at 15?

Alexander Shenton

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have no visible hair loss at all. The only real advice I can give you is to take photos each month if you are so worried about balding. You can also start topical anti androgen or maybe finasteride after you finish puberty. Prevention is the best way to win with male pattern baldness.
I’ve been taking photos for two years now and there been no visible change so idk, I mainly worry because my dad started very young

TestTubeBaby

My Regimen
Reaction score
You currently have no visible loss.Take pictures and see if things change.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm right but you should ask your dad when did he start going bald.My dad,me,and my brother all started going bald at 20.Maybe you could expect genetics to kick in at roughly the same time your dad experienced it?

Alexander Shenton

My Regimen
Reaction score
You currently have no visible loss.Take pictures and see if things change.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm right but you should ask your dad when did he start going bald.My dad,me,and my brother all started going bald at 20.Maybe you could expect genetics to kick in at roughly the same time your dad experienced it?
I think he started in teens and my mums side is good

Alexander Shenton

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• 16DC350A-6B74-4A9D-9538-27A54E34ADA5.png
    16DC350A-6B74-4A9D-9538-27A54E34ADA5.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 88

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone please give one name of a Mod here? This kid NEEDS to be permanently banned for his own good. He is CLEARLY MENTALLY ILL. One member of my family is also mentally ILL and shows the same signs. He got professional help and is feeling better now. This stupid kid HAS to go. Forfuckingever. He WON'T listen as he is MENTALLY ILL.

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately you are balding. You'll be a Norwood 7 by age 25 I would say. In your case, the only real option that will have a chance of stopping your hair loss is to transition to female. Or for a simpler solution, if you're able to grow a decent moustache, this would be an option worth considering:
1611877205519.png

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try topical Estradiol, you need all the meds you can get.

Jk don't do that, you'll grow tits

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where does one buy this
You can't get Minoxidil in a shop because you're not 18 yet, and also, if you're really considering treatment you should go to a dermatologist to make sure you're actually receding.

From what I see, you just have an uneven hairline that's maturing slightly. I can't see any minaturisation in your pics, so the best thing you can do for now is to just keep monitoring / visit a doctor to check for male pattern baldness before you do anything rash, because once you start Minoxidil, you will have to use it for as long as you want to keep your hair

Alexander Shenton

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't get Minoxidil in a shop because you're not 18 yet, and also, if you're really considering treatment you should go to a dermatologist to make sure you're actually receding.

From what I see, you just have an uneven hairline that's maturing slightly. I can't see any minaturisation in your pics, so the best thing you can do for now is to just keep monitoring / visit a doctor to check for male pattern baldness before you do anything rash, because once you start Minoxidil, you will have to use it for as long as you want to keep your hair
And from that pic you can see it’s the same shape and uneven so idk if I’m receding

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think about this pic it was 2018 at 13, and isn’t a maturing hairline bad at 15
Even in that old photo your hairline was kind of wonky and uneven. I think what's happened to you is that your entire hairline has moved up your forehead a couple of centimetres. Some people mistake a maturing hairline for a NW2, in which case that would be bad, but you're not anywhere near a NW2