It doesnt get better..

jeffsss

Reaction score
it's been over a year now since i first started noticing hair loss. Over the past six months noticing scalp pain.

now it's towards the end of my life with hair. I have coverage but it's like this:

flat on top, my sides are still thick so when my hair grows it's puffy on the sides, flat on top. I look f*****g ridiculous.. so the time is near for me to make a decision... buzzing it.. hair transplant????????? damn gene curse.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah.

It's a year since my hair got to the point of absurdity. I'm maintaining but not really seeing any useful regrowth.

I've really just put living on hold. Can't think, can't speak, can't dream anything but hair, f*****g hair.

I never questioned my courage before now, but if I can't face baldness without resolve, I'm not hopeful for my development as an individual.

And why should I pin something as precious as hope on hair?

I need to reassess. :(

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in a worse situation. I have alopecia areata too. I am losing hair exerywhere. Have two dime shaped patches. I look like a freak.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
We must cure ourselves. The doctors only help us to help ourselves.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Hey Jeffsss,

I just saw this thread.

Happy Halloween, man.

So you've finally made it 12 months on finasteride.

Why don't you make a full 1-year report thread?

Anyway, why don't you cut the sides really short, and spike the top (which is also kind of short-- the classic American flat-top?

I'd definitely wait on the hair transplant--

although, I'm really tempted to get an Armani hairline like this:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/atta ... Pic4%2EJPG

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/atta ... Pic3%2EJPG

I'm taking a big step, myself, in early January...

I'm going to shave it-- Mach 3 style-- just to try it out, and maybe move on with my life.

I'm going to have to hit the gym really hard, and of course, get a tan.

So, I figure I should definitely try this option before I EVER get an hair transplant.

G

Imo, these hairlines aren´t that good. The V-shape is still visible and it does´t look like a teenage one.

Jeff, you shouldn´t spend your money on hair transplant. Save it for the day when HM becomes available to the masses and offers a cure for all of us. Hope and pray until then.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jeffsss, if you can afford to get a hair transplant, do it. no reason not to.

tengenaughts, why wait for HM? It's the same result....you get hairs up front you didn't have before? what's the big deal about a hair transplant, especially with FUE?

Aplunk, why shave your head before considering a hair transplant? Do you think a shaved head will bring you the same happiness as a quality hair transplant?

IBM

Reaction score
You could use very short hair. Not shaved but very short. You're using Propecia more than a year. If you feel it's not giving you the results you're expecting change to Dutasteride.

Some users are getting success with that after 9 months.

I think you should not waste your money on hair transplant. You're young and if you loose more hair after hair transplant you'll look like a freak. Beside hair transplant is not very natural.

G

Follically,

hair transplant is not good for density which is Jeff`s main problem. IBM has mentioned further problems. i wouldn´t waste money on hair transplant.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think that if you don't respond well to treatments and are under 30 years of age you shouldn't get a hair transplant. You run the risk of losing it and HM hasn't come out yet.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Imo, these hairlines aren´t that good. The V-shape is still visible and it does´t look like a teenage one.

Jeff, you shouldn´t spend your money on hair transplant. Save it for the day when HM becomes available to the masses and offers a cure for all of us. Hope and pray until then.

If you're not happy with that hairline you will never be happy. Mine was'nt even that good at 18. By the time HM becomes available you will all be middle aged and wont really need hair.

G

s.a.f said:
Taugenichts said:

If you're not happy with that hairline you will never be happy. Mine was'nt even that good at 18. By the time HM becomes available you will all be middle aged and wont really need hair.

Why middle aged people don´t need hair? i never want to go bald and being in my 40s with a teenage hair line would be awesome.

s.a.f

Reaction score
What I'm saying is you want to have your hair now while you're young. Now is supposed to be the best time of your life, the time for chasing girls and having fun before you have the worries getting older to think about. When you are middle aged you will have more than just hairloss to worry about. Everyone keeps talking about HM but theres no garuntee that it will ever happen.

G

Ok, i misunderstood you. I totally agree with you, that HM might give us back our hair (I am still sceptical at the moment whether it comes out at all), but it won´t give us back the wasted years of our youth. It is so terrible......

haleystudios

Reaction score

BULL SH$T
with limited loss, Armani can give you original density if not close.
thats what i am doing.

G

haleystudios, post before and after pics, plz. I really hope I am wrong in this matter. Good luck for your hair transplant.

CCS

Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
So you're telling me Shane from Alvi Armani doesn't have a good looking hairline, or hair?

Not bad at all, but it is receded 1/4 inch. Still better than what I have.

G

Are you saying the hair transplant after pics that Aplunk showed are not good hairlines?

Taugenichts said: