Its Been A While Since Last Time I Posted Here. Help!!

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
I forgot my account and password but first time I posted my story here it was 2011. Now 5 years later I have maintained alot of my hair, almos all actually. Now I have started thinning again, especially on my right side of head. From my right temple to my crown the hair looks crazy thin and I used to have very strong hair on my right side of head. I've been taking finasteride 0.5/1mg almost daily all these years. Forgot few days here and there.

During may I had 18 days break from finasteride because I had injury on my lung and I was in hospital all that time and could not get my hands on fina. After that I immediatly started the regimen again but I wonder that could 18 days break from fina mess up my hair this bad?

Anyway I'm shedding alot of hair and my hair havent been this thin ever. I broke up with my GF one month ago and some of that _could_ be stress related hairloss. I've added biotin and some other natural supplements to my regimen but all I'm thinking is that is finasteride losing its power on me.

Here are some photos and leave ur toughts. First photos are taken from 2011 and the rest are few days old.

In some pictures u can clearly see the minituarized hair from right temple. Never had minituarized hair there before this summer I think.. Also scalp is very visible from top

Attachments

• IMG_0858.JPG
    IMG_0858.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 648
  • IMG_0923.JPG
    IMG_0923.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 648
  • IMG_1010.JPG
    IMG_1010.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 657
  • IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 674
  • IMG_1111.JPG
    IMG_1111.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 671

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
your vertex is ok. - Your hair construction is really thin like mines so flash is going throught the hairs easly and thats why scalp is more visible there.

18 days off of regimen - I think its pretty possible thats androgen receptors rushed on folicles enough to disturb anagen phase there. - It might be this since i needed to wait like 2 months to notice poping hairs again after being off 21 days from regimen.

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could it be one option that finasteride is just giving up and losing its magic?
I've started taking biotin and I'm using nizoral shampoo 3x times a week now. Also added some other supplements that improve hair quality overall. So my regimen consists: Fina, nizoral, biotin and supplements

Here are few more photos. The last two are from 2011 and others 2016

Attachments

• IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_1107.JPG
    IMG_1107.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_0924.JPG
    IMG_0924.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 464
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 438
  • 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
your vertex is ok. - Your hair construction is really thin like mines so flash is going throught the hairs easly and thats why scalp is more visible there.

18 days off of regimen - I think its pretty possible thats androgen receptors rushed on folicles enough to disturb anagen phase there. - It might be this since i needed to wait like 2 months to notice poping hairs again after being off 21 days from regimen.

This. Give finasteride a few more months again. If it doesn't help, try adding in minoxidil.

Hair still looks great nonetheless!

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nizerol really does practically nothing for hair loss. Biotin and supplements, if you use biotin, it probably
should be topical.

Try adding Minoxidil, since you probably have the DHT under control at this point.

Remember, Finasteride only lowers DHT by seventy percent (average). So, that means thirty percent is still around.

I've been thinking about minoxidil but I dont know if I want do all the effort and start using it daily. There is a change that I would try it but then stop it after some time due to cost or just the fact that im too lazy to use it. For example if I used it for 6 months and then stop using it, do I lose all the hair it helped to get stronger and maybe even more?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's hard to tell from your pics. You have some major thinning on the sides bro... have you gotten that diagnosed?

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
it's hard to tell from your pics. You have some major thinning on the sides bro... have you gotten that diagnosed?

U mean below temples?
Sides have always been kinda thin but I admit that they look really thin now. MBP usually doesnt make sides go thin..

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's usually a 25% gain above where you would be without it. If you are already fighting DHT with Finasteride, than
Minoxidil can't hurt.

If you quit, you would just be at your future projection, if you never tried it. Keep in mind, that includes the time without it,
and of course, we only go balder without medication controlling it.

I've been really thinking about what you said and in middle of this stressfull situation I'm already checking for minoxidil from Ebay. Is once a day enough to make some difference?

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a thread that has good information on it:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/24-m-hairloss-for-six-years.98576/#post-1323582

That's someone who is doing once a day.

Actually, I've been friends with Yetti since 2015.

Personally I take it twice a day. But some studies show that once a day is good enough.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your support m8!

I did something that I was avoiding for 5 years.. So I bought 12 months package kirkland minoxidil from ebay and I can get my hands on it in few weeks. I'm going to apply once a day for few months and see how it goes (12 month package will last a whole lot longer aswell)! Going to keep you guys updated how minoxidil will affect my hair

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the 18 days off could have def made your hair worse (Telogen Effluvium or just male pattern baldness resuming), but since you restarted taking it I think the hair you lost will come back.

Personally, if I was in this situation I would not add minoxidil and would just continue the finasteride. Min is probably gonna make you shed at first too so don't panic if you choose to start using it.

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the 18 days off could have def made your hair worse (Telogen Effluvium or just male pattern baldness resuming), but since you restarted taking it I think the hair you lost will come back.

Personally, if I was in this situation I would not add minoxidil and would just continue the finasteride. Min is probably gonna make you shed at first too so don't panic if you choose to start using it.

I was 18 days off from fina in may.. It has been many months now but the hair still remain thin.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Runninghair, not to be a stalker lol but I saw one of your threads and saw you said there were times you took breaks from finasteride.

It's funny that most of the guys who come on here complaining about their hair getting worse on finasteride do not take the recommended dosage on a daily basis like it should be taken.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I took breaks within ten years yes. And my hair never changed much. Was only recently it nosedived. Could well be the breaks.

Im not saying its not the breaks that have affected me or this guy. Im just saying to him if he has doubts about finasteride and has had good length of service out of it then he could switch to dutasteride.

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any risks about adding topical minoxidil on my hairline+temples? Is it possible to actually lose more hairs because of that?

I've read some stories where people claim their hairlines were "destroyed" by minoxidil.

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any risks about adding topical minoxidil on my hairline+temples? Is it possible to actually lose more hairs because of that?

I've read some stories where people claim their hairlines were "destroyed" by minoxidil.

So yeah. I'm scared to start using mino because I've heard nasty things about it. Some people say that they had lots of shedding and alot of those hairs never came back. I have alot of fine minituarized hair on temples and sides.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone? I got the minoxidil but I'm afraid to use it..
The shedding happens because your hair will then grow stronger and stronger. The anagen phase will be longer.
I would not be afraid to use it.

PS: all of this is you are a good responder. If you are in the 40% that does not respond, no shed, no regrowth. No pain, no gain.

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
The shedding happens because your hair will then grow stronger and stronger. The anagen phase will be longer.
I would not be afraid to use it.

PS: all of this is you are a good responder. If you are in the 40% that does not respond, no shed, no regrowth. No pain, no gain.

Is there possibilty it could make my hairline worse? I have alot of those fine minituarized hair on my temples. I'm afraid that minoxidil will shed them off and they wont ever come back.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there possibilty it could make my hairline worse? I have alot of those fine minituarized hair on my temples. I'm afraid that minoxidil will shed them off and they wont ever come back.
The cases in which minoxidil worsens your hair situation are very very rare.

But I have a feeling this is not the right moment for you to start any medication. If you are so scared something bad can happen to your hair, despite the indications that it would be unlikely, perhaps you would live minoxidil with too much frustration and fear. From a psychological point of view, maybe you would be worse off. Maybe wait another bit to see how the recession proceeds?