Itsonlyinmyhead's story(age 23, receding)

G

Itsonlyinmyhead said:
Finally Ive buzzed my hair which highlights my recession but as I said to a friend "Im still receeded with longer hair" so I dont really care. Its actually a big confidence boost, along with this buzzed heads seem to be in with women!!! :lol: Ive accepted that Ill go bald to a NW5 so basically never bald. But hey Ill shave my head, Ive already decided this and Ill probably do it in about 2 or 3 years. I look good with a buzzed head and everyone keeps on saying Ill look good with a shaved noggin

How do you know that? :shock: You could go all the way to NW6, who really knows?

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
How do you know that? Shocked You could go all the way to NW6, who really knows?

To be quite honest, if its going to happen then its going to happen. Im basing the NW5 on my father and grandfather. But hey I could get my other Grandfather's genes and get a NW6 or 7(I dont really know since he died when I was bout 2 or 3) Ive just heard my dad say he had a combover so I dont know what stage he was upto

Im taking Propecia to see if it helps. Hopefully it does, but if it doesnt life moves on. Im not expecting miracles but if something does happen then its a bonus

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Itsonlyinmyhead said:
How do you know that? Shocked You could go all the way to NW6, who really knows?

To be quite honest, if its going to happen then its going to happen. Im basing the NW5 on my father and grandfather. But hey I could get my other Grandfather's genes and get a NW6 or 7(I dont really know since he died when I was bout 2 or 3) Ive just heard my dad say he had a combover so I dont know what stage he was upto

Im taking Propecia to see if it helps. Hopefully it does, but if it doesnt life moves on. Im not expecting miracles but if something does happen then its a bonus

Good attitude, much respect.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I saw results from finasteride in like month 4. I think if anything MIN foam is way to go.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
klink said:
I saw results from finasteride in like month 4. I think if anything MIN foam is way to go.

finasteride started to kick in on month 5 for me, shedding noticeablly decreased yet hair seemed to be thicken up quite a bit on top.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I dont know if my hair has thickened coz I buzzed it and kinda like it this way.
Im not prepared to use minoxidil, I know that finasteride is meant to be more harmful/side effects but there seems something totally not right about minoxidil so Im staying away.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Itsonlyinmyhead said:
Well I dont know if my hair has thickened coz I buzzed it and kinda like it this way.
Im not prepared to use minoxidil, I know that finasteride is meant to be more harmful/side effects but there seems something totally not right about minoxidil so Im staying away.

there is nothing wrong with minoxidil.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Itsonlyinmyhead's story(finally w/ pics on page 2)

Thought I would leave abit of an update.

I stopped taking finasteride about 3 months ago or so as I was worried about the potential side effects. I just couldnt justify messing my body up for decades on the hope that something "might" work.

Ive been buzzing my head for about 7 months or so. I started with a 3# which was too much for me so I let it grow out probably to about a #9 :nono: which looked stupid so I buzzed it to a #6 which was alright for abit, then a #5, and I kept it at a #4 for a couple of months until a friend(I use this term very loosely) said my hair was thin and a load of insults as well which werent very nice at all (well it was probably grown out to a #5 or #6 at the time) which kinda got to me and resulted in me buzzing it to #4 again, I started buzzing it to a #3 and realised I wanted to try a #2 so I took it down again.

I will have to say it looks thin but no matter what length it is it would look thin, I think I have had a shed recently :sobbing: but nevermind I look brilliant with a #2. Im really tempted for a #1 or #0 as the closer it gets the more I like it. I will probably leave it for the weekend. lol! I am starting to believe more and more that I am one of these people who will well and truelly suit a shaved head

I might post some pics if I can be bothered.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

it doesnt look too bad at all

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score

hair looks still alright to me...
:woot:

RaginDemon

Reaction score

when hair is dry, I dont see too much problem at all.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score

Well it was 8 months ago. So I dunno if it would be the same but I do like the buzz cut so I cant see myself growing it out ever as I dont want lifeless hair again

RaginDemon

Reaction score

grow it a little longer, it might look better.