Ive Given Up

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
If people do find out that you're wearing a wig, you're gonna be a punchline for many more jokes than you would with a shaved head.

This is very true.

Thin Jim, give it serious thought. There's nothing more worthy of ridicule than a guy whose wig is detected. That detection is just a matter of time. Are you prepared for the eventuality of that humiliation?

CCS

Reaction score
That is so messed up. People who make fun of wigs should lose all their hair on the spot. That would be funny. But it's true that a lot of uncaring people out there will make fun of wigs. But only those people and the people they tell will know. When you are on the beach around strangers, they won't know right away.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
George from Seinfeld looked great in a wig...seriously looked like a good looking guy. It looked real too but I guess we never saw close ups.

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
i dont think i could wear one, but when i notice them on other guys, i just think that he looks better with it on then he would bald....

CCS

Reaction score
do gay bald men tend to be attracted to other gay bald me? I mean, do they flirt and chat in internet forums?

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
do gay bald men tend to be attracted to other gay bald me? I mean, do they flirt and chat in internet forums?

It may depend on taste just like women. Some women like full head of hairs and some are ok with bald men. Same with gay men, some go for the surfer boys, others don't care.

I think :)

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
you dont have to shave it really..ust use a trimmer on a really short length.
lots of guys at my work do it..it looks pretty ok to me.

women use wigs so i think men should also be able to do it.
just dont get the cheap kind..buy quality adn really take care of it and you will be fine :)

either way i hope you find peace in mind.

CCS

Reaction score
btp11 said:
i dont think i could wear one, but when i notice them on other guys, i just think that he looks better with it on then he would bald....

I totally agree. If someone makes fun of a wig, they would probably really make fun of your hair. I don't think most people care, or if they do, they will say you are ugly for being bald if you don't wear it. Don't worry about looking like you don't care. Worry about looking your best. A lot of women who care about their appearance want a guy who cares about his appearance.

TheGlamorous

Established Member
Reaction score
NONONONO don't bother getting a wig whatever you do dear god no!

And so ends my incoherent warning.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Spec...I always assumed you were American for some reason...how do you know Frederic Michalak? You watch rugby?

ceee

Established Member
Reaction score
btp11 said:

I totally agree. If someone makes fun of a wig, they would probably really make fun of your hair. I don't think most people care, or if they do, they will say you are ugly for being bald if you don't wear it. Don't worry about looking like you don't care. Worry about looking your best. A lot of women who care about their appearance want a guy who cares about his appearance.

Women like men who care about their appearance, not men who are insecure about their appearance. A person who wears a wig falls into the latter category

That said, if a wig makes you happy, why not go for it?

s.a.f

Reaction score
holyhair said:
women use wigs so i think men should also be able to do it.

Does this also apply to make up then?

Thinjim, I think that getting wig will start you down a long and very expensive road. think about how much this is going to cost you over the years, and the time and worry of maintaining it and struggling to keep the secret. Eventualy through freinds, girlfreinds etc the secret will come out.

How old are you?
Because I can tell you as a guy in his early 30's although you never get over the fact that you hate going bald and all the 5hit that comes with it, it does get easier to accept as you get older and a few more of your peers begin to also show the effects of m.p.b. Many of the guys who were making fun of my hairloss 5 -10 yrs ago are now seeing their own hairlines receed. The thing is unless you have this problem and have to deal with it you can't see how much it effects a sufferer. So the comments of other people are just a quick laugh at your expense without realising how much it hurts.
Also with ageing hairloss is'nt your only concern we all start to see our looks fade so we manage to come to terms with things.

Best of luck to you with whatever you decide to do.

TheGlamorous

Established Member
Reaction score
Skaff said:
Spec...I always assumed you were American for some reason...how do you know Frederic Michalak? You watch rugby?

Heh i'm not French OR American. I'm from crappy ***- New Zealand where our weather can change seasons all in one day.

I know Frederic Michalak because I saw some of those naked calendar things the team did a while back, and I noticed from a normal candid picture recently that he does have lots of thinning which doesn't show in the professional photos. So yeah i've grown to like this guy, and have no interest in Rugby whatsoever. :)

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
speculum2 said:
Skaff said:

Heh i'm not French OR American. I'm from crappy ***- New Zealand where our weather can change seasons all in one day. :)

what's wrong with new zealand?.....everybody here in good old g.b. would love to live in nz

they perceive it as being a lovely climate and the lifestyle probably like britain was 50 years ago i.e. more relaxed.

i guess the other man's grass is always greener.

shame you cant restore your hair by moving to another land.

G

I thought New Zeland would have a more tropical polynesian type of climate... I guess i was wrong.

CCS

Reaction score
ceee said:
btp11 said:

Women like men who care about their appearance, not men who are insecure about their appearance. A person who wears a wig falls into the latter category

Just as much as makeup is in the second category.

G

ceee said:
btp11 said:

Just as much as makeup is in the second category.

he kinda has you there, ceee. a wig is really no different from makeup. both things are deisgned to hide flaws. obviously makeup is more socially acceptable, than toupee, but when you look at the root reasons for either, they're the same.

ceee

Established Member
Reaction score
A man wearing makeup isn't socially acceptable anywhere I've been. Where do you guys live?

G

ceee said:
A man wearing makeup isn't socially acceptable anywhere I've been. Where do you guys live?

no, i think what ccs is saying that the reasons for a man wearing a wig is no different from a woman wearing makeup. The woman wears makeup to cover up blemishes, while the man wears makeup to cover up his baldness. Both are "flaws".

ceee

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
ceee said:

no, i think what ccs is saying that the reasons for a man wearing a wig is no different from a woman wearing makeup. The woman wears makeup to cover up blemishes, while the man wears makeup to cover up his baldness. Both are "flaws".

I figured, but it doesn't really matter when discussing what women expect out of men. I was just pointing out that while women like a man who cares how he looks, they aren't going to see a guy who wears a wig as caring how he looks.