Jason552's Story - (18/am i going bald?)

jason552

Reaction score
hi, my name is Jason and i am 18.

about 1 week ago i washed my hair for the first time in a month (dont ask me why) my hair gets very greasy and has alot of dandruff in it anyway, so at that point my hair was in a bad state. when i went to wash it my hair was almost stuck together because it was so greasy and loads of hair started coming off in the shower. so after i had a haircut and a shower i noticed that i almost had bald patches at the top of my head. not bald but not as full as and black as the other parts of my head. now i have patches of hair that look slightly bald. am i going bald? does balding occur like this? or am i just treating my hair very badly?

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: am i going bald?

Dude.
Pictures.
If you are going bald, my guess is its not male pattern baldness, its one of the other alopeicias.

amsch

Reaction score

jason552 said:
hi, my name is Jason and i am 18.

about 1 week ago i washed my hair for the first time in a month (dont ask me why) my hair gets very greasy and has alot of dandruff in it anyway, so at that point my hair was in a bad state. when i went to wash it my hair was almost stuck together because it was so greasy and loads of hair started coming off in the shower. so after i had a haircut and a shower i noticed that i almost had bald patches at the top of my head. not bald but not as full as and black as the other parts of my head. now i have patches of hair that look slightly bald. am i going bald? does balding occur like this? or am i just treating my hair very badly?

jason552 said:
am i just treating my hair very badly?

jason552 said:
about 1 week ago i washed my hair for the first time in a month
:woot:

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score

Damn, dude!

If your hair is greasy and you have dandruff it would help to wash it more than once a month...

jason552

Reaction score

lol, i know. i didnt wash my hair in a month, it was a one off, i'll never do that again.

but seriously, do you think i am going bald? or do you think my hair all came off and it will grow back in a few weeks (kinda like if i waxed my hair off)? does balding occur over a long period of time? am i just paranoid?

beaner

Reaction score

When you didn't wash your hair for a month, alot of the hair that would have shed during regular washings probably did not completely dislodge from the follicle and came out during that first wash.

No one can tell you if you're going bald unless you at least post a picture and even then it may only be opinion.

amsch

Reaction score

How on earth shall we tell? Post some pics of the areas you're concernded about.

btw, you should wash your hair at least 5-6 times A WEEK. Not 1-2 a month.

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score

It takes longer than a few weeks for hair to grow back. Start taking care care of it and give it a couple months and see if it improves. It's hard to say what's going on right now. Pics would help.

jason552

Reaction score

here is a pic, taken from above by the way.
the sides of my head are ok, it is just some patches on the top that i dont have full hair in, btw i have short hair anyway.

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score

Well, judging from that pic it looks like male pattern baldness. For a few months, wash it every day with a quality shampoo while using Nizoral (anti-dandruff/anti-inflammatory shampoo) three times a week just to see if the thinning wasn't due to lack of care.

jason552

Reaction score

Jokerman said:
Well, judging from that pic it looks like male pattern baldness. For a few months, wash it every day with a quality shampoo while using Nizoral (anti-dandruff/anti-inflammatory shampoo) three times a week just to see if the thinning wasn't due to lack of care.

Thats what i would of said too, but this only happened in a day really. after i didnt wash my hair for so long and then washed it i noticed my hair.

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah, that's why I'd give it a few months before coming to any conclusions.

jason552

Reaction score

Jokerman said:

im going to see a doctor about it soon. i dont think its baldness though.

any tips from experience on what i should be expecting when i see my doctor?

amsch

Reaction score

jason552 said:
Jokerman said:

Hey there... Sorry to tell you this, but this really looks like Male Pattern Baldness.... Any balding guys in your family?

jason552

Reaction score

amsch said:
jason552 said:
Jokerman said:

Hey there... Sorry to tell you this, but this really looks like Male Pattern Baldness.... Any balding guys in your family?

Yeah my dad is bald. but i dont know because it was ok a few weeks back, now patches of hair have gone, this seems strange. i dont know but my hair was in a bad state before i got a hair cut and washed it.

amsch

Reaction score
Well, really not trying to scare you, but this definately looks like male pattern baldness, and not just some bald patches... Not washing your hair for several weeks does not cause male pattern baldness, not in that pattern. Could you post some more pics?

jason552

Reaction score
amsch said:
Well, really not trying to scare you, but this definately looks like male pattern baldness, and not just some bald patches... Not washing your hair for several weeks does not cause male pattern baldness, not in that pattern. Could you post some more pics?

what angle/part should i take the pic?

amsch

Reaction score
Take some pics where you hold back your hairline with your hands and take a few more from the top.