jdr_333's story - (age 37, 10 years of loss)

jdr_333

Reaction score
Hi guy's,

I am 37 and have had thining hair for about 10 years, some on the front and some on the crown area. It's been pretty informative to read some of the stuff on this site...for one thing, I am switching from rogine foam to spectral dnc as it feels much better and dries alot quicker. Also, I got a bottle of Revita shampoo. I have been taking 1MG finasteride for about 5.5 months now and started minoxidil about a month and a half ago. I think the finasteride made my existing hair much healthier and thicker looking but no serious regrowth in the thin areas, maybe a little. So, I hope the minoxidil and shampoo will help with that. Anyway, just wanted to say that I think this is a good site. Thanks.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: Jimmy's story

finasteride is not suppose to help u get a lot of regrowth, most of it comes from minoxidil.

I see you have been using both already, there is too much you can do.

jdr_333

Reaction score

Yeah that's true. I figure maybe after a couple of more months on the minoxidil it might thicken up a bit more. I'm going to start using it twice instead of only once a day as well.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

you should see some positive results in 3-4 months, dont be too freaked out if you experience an inital shed from minoxidil though.

jdr_333

Reaction score

Thanks. No big shed, yet. Still on 1 MG finasteride, and minoxidil once a day, and revita.

jdr_333

Reaction score

I thought I'd post a couple of pics. The first is when i just started taking finasteride 05.22.07 and the other is today.

Attachments

• Day 1.jpg
    Day 1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 2,847
  • 10.26.07.jpg
    10.26.07.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2,876

RaginDemon

Reaction score

i think you got the order wrong

the first pic is present stage of your hair while the second pic was where you started right?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

jdr_333 said:
Yeah you're right. I did get the order wrong.

Thats some serious regrowth man, I think your a great responder to those drugs.

jdr_333

Reaction score

Thanks. I think it's been working pretty well so far. I have to say that I've lost so much hair since I was 21...like 25 percent, or so...but no pics of what that looked like then. I guess you have to expect a natural loss with age, but it's still hard to except none the less . Thanks for your reply...it does help to talk to someone about it. I was a bit intimidated about posting here...but I have to say finding this site has been so helpful and I'm glad to have a reply from you. It realy has helped...alot!

jdr_333

Reaction score

I have had some side effect problems I thought I'd report. First, I feel like I have put on a bit of weight...maybe 5 pounds...I fell a bit soft around the mid area. Seems like my face is kind of puffy, too, especially around the eyes. I did have some testicle ache around week three or four, which has gone away. I don't like the semen thing either...doesn't quite feel the same. I'll deal with it for now though...I might cut back on the finasteride ti .5 MG to see if it helps with that. Otherwise, can't complain.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

judging from your good pic, i dont think anyone will think your balding.

keep at it man

jdr_333

Reaction score

Yeah, I will stick with it for sure...I really don't feel the side effects are too bad at the moment. Thanks.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

for me its just watery semen. It's kind of embarassing, but it beats being bald any day.

jdr_333

Reaction score

Yeah- I know what you mean. Well...we all get sides...right? The best side of all is more hair!

RaginDemon

Reaction score

jdr_333 said:
Yeah- I know what you mean. Well...we all get sides...right? The best side of all is more hair!

yeah on top of that, I notice lesser body hair, which to me is a good side affect. :)

jdr_333

Reaction score

I've been using Revita for a couple of weeks now. I guess I like it okay. My scalp feels pretty good after using it and my hair feels and looks way better than when I use nizoral.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

where did you get Revita? thanks!