JerryMaguire's Story-( 21/ pics) *Updated 4/16/11, Page 4*

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
JerryMaguire's Story-( 21/ pics) *Updated 6/21/15 Page 5*

No one wants to read a biography about another depressed guy going through hair loss. So I'll cut all the BS and just show you my progress pics.

I started thinning noticeably around age 20, and tried Nioxin for about a month. Worked good for a week, then the shedding continued so I stopped that. A year later I'm still shedding like crazy and I decided to get serious about it and copped some Rogaine and Nizoral 1% shampoo.

Those are the only two things I'm using as of right now. I'm probably gonna throw Propecia in the mix soon.

Here's what my hair used to look like (back when everything was cool...):

From 2006: (Age: 18)
33u7joy.jpg

30ie6bo.jpg

From 2008: (Age 20)
e0odhj.jpg

Here are some pics from 3/16/10: I started using Rogaine at the beginning of the month, and the shedding was RIDICULOUS. I could go to the sink, run my fingers through my hair once or twice and about 50 hairs would come out. No exaggeration.

3/16/10...I think this was right after applying Rogaine, that's why it was wet.

2ainbz4.jpg

344uo3t.jpg

Here are some pics I just took right now after taking a shower:
4/12/10

24ce0b5.jpg

4h2moi.jpg

I don't think I'm making any progess yet because my hair is just longer and dry in the April pics. But at least the severe shedding seems to have stopped. I'm still shedding, but not at the rate as when I first started rogaine. Hopefully the shedding stops altogether once I get on propecia.

Does anyone know of a good conditioner I should use? Or does it even matter what kind of conditioner it is, as long as I'm using one?

I've been using nizoral every other day and nothing afterwards.

Any comments/feedback would be appreciated. I'm not going bald without a fight.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: JerryMaguire's War with Hair Loss (21/one month prog. pics)

Good luck to you man. Good news is that you have your hairline intact. I would get on Propecia/Proscar ASAP if I were you, it could bring most, if not all your hair back.

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score

Your hairloss looks exactly like mine does if I grow my hair out a little longer. Im just about 3 months into minoxidil/nizoral and 1 month on finasteride and my hair has gotten noticeably better already. I would definitely say get on finasteride so you can at least stop losing hair while giving time for minoxidil to start working.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score

You guys sold me.

I just ordered some Fincar (generic propecia) from inhousepharmacy.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score

Just received my fincar today... since it's 5 mg a pill, I cut it into 4 pieces which leaves me with 1.25 mg per piece. Cutting it into 5 pieces so I could get 1 mg per piece would be too hard to get each piece the same size.

Is 1.25 mg per day too much?

blink

Established Member
Reaction score

1.25 is fine. if you get sides or want to save money, you can just split those 1.25 in half. i do that every now and then just because im about to run out of pills.

barcafan

Reaction score

looks like it went pretty f*****g fast. big 3 is probably your safest bet.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score

Haven't updated this in a while. I'll take pics tomorrow.

Just wanna say a couple things:

1. I'm still losing quite a bit of hair when I shampoo. I also get stray hairs when I use gel. When my hair is dry and not styled, I run my fingers through my hair and a few, if any, will fall out which is AWESOME.. in the past I used to do that and 20+ hairs would fall out easily.

2. There does appear to be thickening. It could just be a mental thing, but I style my hair with a spike in the front, and the scalp isn't really visible at all.

3. I get horrible flakes from minoxidil, but I'll live with it if it grows my hair back.

4. I've been taking 1.25 fincar everyday.

5. Weight-lifting has increased my confidence IMMENSELY. My hair thinning out made me more depressed than ever.. but I've taken up weight lifting seriously for the last couple months, been lifting hard + eating clean and I'm seeing great progress. Received quite a few compliments from family and friends, and I'd recommend it to all of you guys experiencing hair loss.

It's made me feel way better about myself. Let's face it, for the majority of us the main reason we're afraid of losing our hair is because going bald = ugly, and ugly = a sh!tty social/dating life.

I know there's the big three, but lifting weights should be apart of everyone's hair loss regime as well... Just my .02 $

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score

Happy for you! :)

Glad the regime is working out for you, good job you started before it was too late as well. Did you have any hair loss from the crown?

SunOfABeach

Reaction score

if the flaking doesn´t stop, you should try rogaine foam. it´s pretty expensive, but doesn´t irritate your skin as much. plus it is easier to apply and your hair doesn´t look like crap for three hours.

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score

JerryMaguire said:
5. Weight-lifting has increased my confidence IMMENSELY. My hair thinning out made me more depressed than ever.. but I've taken up weight lifting seriously for the last couple months, been lifting hard + eating clean and I'm seeing great progress. Received quite a few compliments from family and friends, and I'd recommend it to all of you guys experiencing hair loss.

It's made me feel way better about myself. Let's face it, for the majority of us the main reason we're afraid of losing our hair is because going bald = ugly, and ugly = a sh!tty social/dating life.

I know there's the big three, but lifting weights should be apart of everyone's hair loss regime as well... Just my .02 $

I agree with that. I think that weight and fitness determines attraction more than hair loss.

In the last 12 months I have lost a lot of weight and today I did a little tanning. Getting in shape really helps my confidence.

Not to scare you but your current hair situation reminds me of where I was at 19. I used Rogaine for a few years and then stopped. When I stopped, I lost a lot. If you take anything from my experience, know that if you start a regimen, you have to stick with it or you will lose what you worked hard to maintain.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
Re: JerryMaguire's Story-( 21/ pics)

Ok, here's some progress pics fellas. After looking at my before pics, and looking at the pics I just took right now, I'm really excited at the progress I'm making. I was able to spike my hair this past Friday for an interview, and my scalp was hardly visible.

Pics from Page 1 taken on 4/12/10:

24ce0b5.jpg

4h2moi.jpg

Pics taken just now, 6/7/10:

dd0yvp.jpg

2hgu88w.jpg

14cuy34.jpg

25gfcbc.jpg

308wqio.jpg

After looking at these, it looks like it's still pretty thin in the crown area. I need to do a better job of applying Rogaine in that area. Still pleased nonetheless, the Big 3 seems to be working.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score

Natwraggie said:
Happy for you! :)

Glad the regime is working out for you, good job you started before it was too late as well. Did you have any hair loss from the crown?
Thanks man.

I was diffuse thinning all over the top. After looking at the latest pics I just took, it looks thinner in the crown area than in the front, but I think it's because I don't do a good job of applying Rogaine in the back.

SunOfABeach said:
if the flaking doesn´t stop, you should try rogaine foam. it´s pretty expensive, but doesn´t irritate your skin as much. plus it is easier to apply and your hair doesn´t look like crap for three hours.
Thanks, I'll take that into consideration. I heard the foam dissolves quick so that's why I'm kinda hesistant to use it.

sandovalusa said:
I agree with that. I think that weight and fitness determines attraction more than hair loss.

In the last 12 months I have lost a lot of weight and today I did a little tanning. Getting in shape really helps my confidence.

Not to scare you but your current hair situation reminds me of where I was at 19. I used Rogaine for a few years and then stopped. When I stopped, I lost a lot. If you take anything from my experience, know that if you start a regimen, you have to stick with it or you will lose what you worked hard to maintain.
Yes changing my body as done wonders for my confidence. I went from a 140 pound twig to 170 pounds as of today. Still have some self-esteem issues but I'm getting there.

and thanks bro, i'll definitely be consistent with my current regime. I actually just ran out of Rogaine, so I'll definitely be coppin some more by the end of today.

Swanson

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: JerryMaguire's Story-( 21/ pics) *Updated 6/7/10, Page 2*

Wow man, the hair looks awesome... great improvement, much thicker and darker.

What do you think has helped you the most, finasteride or the minoxidil?

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score

Perhaps this thread should be in "Success Stories."

:bravo:

HeHateMe23

Reaction score

Wow man, the hair looks awesome... great improvement, much thicker and darker.

What do you think has helped you the most, finasteride or the minoxidil?
Thanks man. I don't know which one helped more to be completely honest. I don't really know how you'd be able to tell.

Perhaps this thread should be in "Success Stories."
i agree...congrats!

Haha thanks fellas.. I just hope I don't regress.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score

Nice comeback!
Seriously, you added 30 pounds of muscle in like 4 months (my math may be wrong). Damn, and you even did that on Finasteride? For some reason, I had a tough time gaining muscle on finasteride. Since i've been off it, i'm gaining muscle again:)

HeHateMe23

Reaction score

timallen45 said:
Nice comeback!
Seriously, you added 30 pounds of muscle in like 4 months (my math may be wrong). Damn, and you even did that on Finasteride? For some reason, I had a tough time gaining muscle on finasteride. Since i've been off it, i'm gaining muscle again:)
Thank you.

and LOL naw, the 30 pounds was probably over a span of a year. I've gained about 10 pounds these past 3 months and finasteride doesn't seem to be slowing me down at all. I wasn't aware that it made it tough for people to gain muscle.