johnny depp pic

supernova

Established Member
Reaction score
These types of threads are fine, so everyone shut the hell up and stop whining about them.

Besides, I'd rather read about a celebrity balding than read someone asking "HELP! What do I do about my hair loss?" followed by 27 messages saying "Get on Propecia, then minoxidil if you need it" or "Get on the big three...the sooner the better."

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
That does not look like balding to me. It looks like his hair has a lot of product in it and it's parted down the middle so it gives the appearance of a thinning spot.

If that's balding then I would love to have that kind of balding also.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
i dont particularly dislike these threads, since its interesting to see how celebrities deal with the hair loss, but it bugs me when people are like "OMG JOHNNY DEPP IS SO BALD HIS HAIRLINE IS A FULL 3 INCHES FROM HIS EYEBROWS!!!"

lynne

Reaction score
yeh, i agree lookin at a celebs hairline is interesting. world-wide cross examination, that's what they're there for. they're celebs.

I have pretty much the same hairline as johnny depp, but here's the catch - i'm only 20. therefore i recognised his hairline early on and yes it did make me feel better. a hairline like that is easy to conceal and most people will never notice but like in the two pics on this thread it can give itself away sometimes. no biggie tho. comb forward, thas what i say.

The other thing that gave me a *little* hope was that johnny depp (although he probably didn't have it at 20) has had that hairline since forever and grows his hair really long sometimes.

Sooooo conclusion? bald can still be sexy.

Just look at steven dorff in blade. when it came out all the girls were saying 'whose that guy playing the really hot vamp' n his hairline seems to have headed north for a while now.

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
frunby said:
Just look at steven dorff in blade. when it came out all the girls were saying 'whose that guy playing the really hot vamp' n his hairline seems to have headed north for a while now.

You're right there alright. Check these babies out:

http://www.allstarz.org/~dorff/gallery/ ... uces12.jpg

http://www.allstarz.org/~dorff/gallery/ ... euces4.jpg

http://www.allstarz.org/~dorff/gallery/ ... lone10.jpg

http://www.allstarz.org/~dorff/gallery/ ... lone15.jpg

Funny. No-one ever seems to comment on Dorff's hairloss which is as clear as day but people have no problem talking about Tom Cruise's and Colin Farrell's "hairloss" which is as clear as...well..., mud.

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
seriously, posts like this make me feel bald as hell. I still like to consider myself with a good amount of hair. But to call Mr. Depp balding there? SHIIIT if I had that much hair by that age i'd be throwing parties everynight in honor of it.

oh and in Secret Window.. Johnny's hair is the thickest full head of hair.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
All it means is some guys still look good with a receding hair line.

No one still looks good with obviously thinning hair.

And most guys look a lot worse with hair loss than with hair.

If you're really good looking and your hairline moves back, you're alright.
No one looks good with a bald spot in the back or see through hair.

bombscience

Reaction score
here are the reason's why i'm not too fond of discussing celeb's hair:

- 90% of the time we're so excited to see someone famous developing a mature hairline that we jump at the opportunity to say they're balding, but that's hardly the case

- we look for famous people to be "in the same boat" as us common folk so we exaggerate their every flaw

- a lot of the people reading these threads have hair loss situations much more advanced than the picture of the celeb. it's not really encouraging to post a picture like depp's and say, OMG HE'S BALDING when many guys on here would KILL for that hair.

- all celebrities are genetically engineered by the US government for mind control purposes and we don’t have a double blind study that supports the effects of 5ar inhibitors in their cybernetic makeup

- celebs have limitless cash flow and personal beauticians that groom them, so fighting hair loss doesn't have limitations for them like it does for people with limited time and funds.

- in the end we're not learning anything new about hair loss and it's generally disheartening to critique good looking men with mature hairlines and then walk over to my mirror and apply a nice coat of courve.

bombscience

Reaction score
Molecular Help said:
All it means is some guys still look good with a receding hair line.

No one still looks good with obviously thinning hair.

And most guys look a lot worse with hair loss than with hair.

If you're really good looking and your hairline moves back, you're alright.
No one looks good with a bald spot in the back or see through hair.

word and word my brotha. i have the transparent dome with the hairline of a 13 year old. just isn't the same as creeping back as you age.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah, johnny depps hair from secret window was the best set of hair ive seen in a long time. It looked good no matter how scruffy he tried to be in that movie.