Johnny's Trip --Life with the Big Three

JohnnyBBald

Reaction score
My hair is a little bit longer so it's not fair but...I feel like I'm making some sort of progress. I definitely stopped shedding, so I'm at least back to baseline. This is 4months on minoxidil and 3 months on finasteride.

What do you all think? Be honest, please.

Attachments

• DSC_0051.jpg
    DSC_0051.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 340
  • DSC_0052.jpg
    DSC_0052.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 330

TravisB

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm really hard to say because you don't have similar baseline photos, but looking at it I would say you have some progress.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Regardless that length looks great on you. finasteride's main purpose is to keep what you have.

JohnnyBBald

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, folks. I'll update again in a couple months.
There is something strange I noticed though. See that small bald spot in picture #2? Those two bald spots are where I initially spray my minoxidil foam before rubbing it in. Coincidence or is it making me bald lol.

NeoGills

Reaction score
Hey johnny! good to see your hairs, em 19 year old and little bit curious about my hairs so i joined here.
em sure finpecia works far better, i heard from many peoples.
good day!

JohnnyBBald

Reaction score
Hey, folks. It's been awhile since an update. My regimen has changed a bit--I take proscar now so I know my finasteride is legit. 1/4th a pill/day. Also been using minoxidil a bit less frequently, every other day once a day, but trying to get back to once daily.

Here are some picture updates. I haven't cut my hair in about a month. My temples are now my only problem, imo. I'll try to get pics of them monthly with pulled back hair to see progress better. What do you all think of current progress?

Attachments

• December.jpg
    December.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 322
  • December (6).jpg
    December (6).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 302
  • December (7).jpg
    December (7).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 289
  • December (9).jpg
    December (9).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 307
  • December (4).jpg
    December (4).jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 311

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Imo it looks you have made some nice progress! Gratz dude.

jamesfinch

Reaction score
frankierl77.....
What the hell are you talking about?

I've been using fincar from in house (same as finpecia just a bigger dose) for 5 years and haven't receded at all.

Why are you scaring this poor guy? and what are you basing you're opinion on? I think you should get your facts straight before scaremongering?

Johnny Inhouse in my opinion is definitely legit.....

Ignore this guy, who knows what his ulterior motives are.....

Good luck with it

JohnnyBBald

Reaction score
Thanks, G2. Finch, if you read, I switched to proscar. However, I do think the inhouse finpecia was legitimate. There was no change that I could observe during the transition.

JohnnyBBald

Reaction score
Welp, been awhile. Update here. This is officially 1 year in. I think it looks much better than baseline. Not much change in the last few months imo.

I've been using nizoral 2%, as the 1% has vanished from stores, and I'm ordering from Amazon. I could tell the difference when I stopped nizoral when I couldn't find it. It makes your hair much thicker.

I've cut the Rogaine to 1x/day. I'm thinking of getting rid of it all together. Doesn't seem to make a huge difference. I seem to be slowly (very) losing on the hairline, despite Rogaine and finasteride use. I'm going to start applying it to the front rather than just sides of my hairline now as well. Crown seems to be holding steady. I think that's all finasteride. Might try to style my hair as it's getting pretty long. Not sure of a good style for receding hairline w/ longer hair though.

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 238
  • DSC_0020.jpg
    DSC_0020.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 239

JohnnyBBald

Reaction score
Thanks I'll look into it. Any other input? look like any progress or stagnant? What has anyone added to the big 3 to get more results??

JohnnyBBald

Reaction score
Figured I would post a 4.5 year update for everyone. After year 3, I stopped applying minoxidil entirely after having only applied it 1x a day for about a year. It seems to have made very little, if not 0 difference for my hair.

I've still been on 1.25 finasteride a day for the last 4.5 years with no side affects to note. In my opinion, it's going strong! I'll let you all be the judges. I wear it up and high now adays--I like to show it off when I can.

Attachments

• 484.jpg
    484.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 247
  • 483.jpg
    483.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 245
  • 482.jpg
    482.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 250

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow looks awesome man! Way better than baseline. I've been on finasteride for almost 2.5 years and it is maintaining my thick hair as well although my hair was never near as bad as what yours was like in the beginning. Congrats!