Just thought I'd say it again...

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Since the summer of 2006, things have improved for me so much. I got back in shape and started to enjoy my studies at school. The credit evaluation for my change of major showed I have two years left. I did much better in school last semester and it will look like improvement from here on. Hopefully, I'm done with college next May provided the next cred eval works.

But what I'm really trying to say I'm almost over my loss, I've decided not to do pills but go for Revita and see what goes from there. I had shedding and my hair did look like crap for a bit, but it looks like it's getting better. I have noticed more hairs on my hairline that I never saw before (I had kind of a widow's peak when I was younger)

I've decided life is too short to be worrying about this, I know eventually I'll get it back just not now. I do from time to time get jealous of the guys who have better hair.

So I'm thinking about banking for an internship and getting at least a 3.0. My life finally is in order and I'm searching for apartments when I'm done with school and find good work. I visited an old friend at her college and we hung out and had a great time today (of course with another friend). I also got DuckTales on DVD and it's a great treat to watch after a day of studying and work watching one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. I've also decided to leave my part-time job making tacos after I finish college.

The main point of this post is to say to you guys and girls battling hair loss, live life while you still can. Go for a bike ride, go to a concert, visit an old friend do something to keep your mind off the loss. Believe me, it makes a crappy day a nice day to live.

This is DaSand wishing you all a good night...

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I wish I had more friends like you.

I couldn't be happier for you, man. You've been an inspiration and a helping hand ever since I joined these boards. I've been jogging everyday-- it helps alleviate any problems.

Goodluck, DaSand. Get those credits done and finished.

And for the other posters here,
I second everything that he said. If you're young and suffering hairloss, take a breather. Get on with life. You'll be glad you did.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DaSand said:
Since the summer of 2006, things have improved for me so much. I got back in shape and started to enjoy my studies at school. The credit evaluation for my change of major showed I have two years left. I did much better in school last semester and it will look like improvement from here on. Hopefully, I'm done with college next May provided the next cred eval works.

But what I'm really trying to say I'm almost over my loss, I've decided not to do pills but go for Revita and see what goes from there. I had shedding and my hair did look like crap for a bit, but it looks like it's getting better. I have noticed more hairs on my hairline that I never saw before (I had kind of a widow's peak when I was younger)

I've decided life is too short to be worrying about this, I know eventually I'll get it back just not now. I do from time to time get jealous of the guys who have better hair.

So I'm thinking about banking for an internship and getting at least a 3.0. My life finally is in order and I'm searching for apartments when I'm done with school and find good work. I visited an old friend at her college and we hung out and had a great time today (of course with another friend). I also got DuckTales on DVD and it's a great treat to watch after a day of studying and work watching one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. I've also decided to leave my part-time job making tacos after I finish college.

The main point of this post is to say to you guys and girls battling hair loss, live life while you still can. Go for a bike ride, go to a concert, visit an old friend do something to keep your mind off the loss. Believe me, it makes a crappy day a nice day to live.

awesome news. wish you all the best

IBM

Reaction score
we cant go better then we're on so its better not to worry about our male pattern baldness.

G

yesterday my mum had birthday. there was a party. and for the first time in a long long time, i wore my hair in a style where you could see the thinning. i did it coz my mum doesnt like when i hide it.

but it was okay, noone said anything. after the party i went to a club with my brother and it was nice.

yesterday i thought "maybe my hair will be perfect again some time in the next 1 or 2 years...but the time before will never come back"

really if you worry so much about hairloss like me, then do anything to get it back. but dont forget living!

i really think that i can get my hair back, may it by treatments or with an additional hair transplant, but the time i got now, will never come back.

if i now hide for the next year, i will regret it. im 20 and i will be only once.

thats for everyone. hm will be out in the next 10 or 20 years so everyone will be able to get his hair back. but you cannot wait for it. sure, you can, but the time now, you will never get back. never.

or think of all the other treatments which are currently developed. for me, i think that everyone will get his hair back in future. and it will be in our lifetime. maybe in 10 years if we re lucky.

if you worry enough then try everything with current treatments or solutions. but like i said dont forget living.

see jayb, i know his story, he worried so much about his hairloss that he lost his loved gf. i think many hard words he now says are coz of what he learned. that time will never come back and he will probably never get his loved gf back. this time is gone and its gone coz he worried too much about his hair. now he got great hair.

so will everyone else of us in future.

G

askas said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:
dude HM will be out within the next 4 or 5 years.

Don't say this. This is a classical phrase for us. Always in 5 years. :x

Even if HM comes out within the next years, it will take at least 10-15 years until it will really offer us a good solution and give us back all of our hair and look natural....

G

Taugenichts said:
askas said:

Even if HM comes out within the next years, it will take at least 10-15 years until it will really offer us a good solution and give us back all of our hair and look natural....

ya, thats why i said 10-20 years.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
askas said:

All of the talk about when it comes out is really speculation. Yes, they estimated the release to be 2010. That's an estimate, even in the recent presentation they were considering a small-scale commercialization in 2008, but I'm not betting the farm on it.

Who honestly knows? Let's cut out too much pessimism and optimism. Why would a company who is in Phase II trials and is close to having the product out take 10-15 years to develop it? It could take less than that, this is a new technology.

No one here honestly knows what's going on in Phase II. I disagree with you Taugenichts.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
And that's if you had the money. There's no magic cure for balding, plain and simple.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
blondeguy said:
And that's if you had the money. There's no magic cure for balding, plain and simple.

weirdo!!!!

you shouldn't go round saying things like that.

nobody believes you.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DaSand said:

You make tacos for a living and watch Ducktails all night. Wonderful, is this what us baldies have to look forward to?

IBM

Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
DaSand said:

You make tacos for a living and watch Ducktails all night. Wonderful, is this what us baldies have to look forward to?

It's a honor job.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
DaSand said:

No, it's only part-time and I'm going to school. I have two semesters left. DuckTales is just a stress reliever after a long day of school. I'm just using ways to get my mind off of the loss. Did you read all of the post or just portions?

G

blondeguy said:

true, there will never be a "magic" cure for hairloss. but there are already solutions which we all use and there will be more effective ones in future.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
DaSand said:

baldies? what are you talkin about...you said dutasteride COMPLETELY STOPPED your loss.

G

baldies? what are you talkin about...you said dutasteride COMPLETELY STOPPED your loss.

Yeah, but he is still a NW3 something. How can one live with that? Seriously, once the damage is done your life is basically over....

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:

Yeah, but he is still a NW3 something. How can one live with that? Seriously, once the damage is done your life is basically over....
if i was a NW3 i'd probably hardly ever leave my house , Seriously!