karpov's Story - (Age 25, success and side effects from finasteride)

karpov

Reaction score
Hi there;

I'm a 25 guy who started losing hair about 2 years ago, mostly by the front side of my scalp. I visited my doctor and he suggested me minoxidil and Propecia; due I have blood pressure problems we decided I would only take Propecia.

After 2 years I've to say that the results were quiet good, it almost returned me my look before starting to lose hair. About side effects I could only notice a decrease of my libido, which I think is the most common. But it didn't kill my libido at all so I didn't feel too worried.

Real problems started when I was starting to feel tenderness on my nipples, like a burning feeling. At first I didn't give a giant sh*t about it, but after reading other's users experiences I became worried. This tenderness was so irritant that I stopped using Propecia like 2 months ago; now this feeling is slowly leaving although it is not completely over.

Of course, my scalp is looking sh*t again, slowly hair is starting to fall. Now I'm in a shitty situation because my hair is falling and I can't use neither finesteride nor minoxidil due side effects. Actually I only use Nizoral shampoo 3 times a week but, as you can imagine, it's fair not enough.

I've read several hairloss forums looking for the "miracle" but it obviously doesn't exist. I've read about some products which work with some people but other people don't get any benefit of them, like topical spironolactone, flutamide, crinagen, fluradil, etc. I've also read about this "prodigal" RU-58841 but as far as I know is quiet difficult to get.

Sorry if I went too long; my question is, ¿what can I do to keep my hair attending to my experience with finasteride? ¿do you have any suggestion? I'm still a student so I can't afford the risk of spending money in a lot of different products just to see which one works.

¿What about returning to Propecia but taking also an aromatase inhibitor such as 6-OXO?

Thank you very much for your time

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: My story

life is all about making choice, you will have to pick your hair or your health.

karpov

Reaction score

OK, I'm agree with you. But I would like to leave this choice between health/hair as the last option.

I mean, from the "big 3" I can only use ketoconazol shampoo, that's a fact. Well, reached this point, ¿any recommendation about topical solutions? I know there are a lot, effectiveness is not 100% sure, but... just a recommendation please.

Thanks a lot

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

hey man there are measures you can take to combat the gyno side effect from propcia. There are drugs that can lower estrogen. Talk to your doctor or read Socks Story on this site. He is a very experienced poster and i believe he had gyno problems and was able to continue taking proscar, i think he took some ant-e drug. He was in a similar situation, same age too.

karpov

Reaction score

Hi Dog.

I've read Socks story -about 14 pages- and couldn't find info about anti-estrogens. Thank you anyway for your help!

RaginDemon

Reaction score

I dont think he took any anti-estrogen stuff...he took spironolactone which was not really a anti-estrogen drug.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

sorry karpov, i think maybe the best option is to go to the doctor.

karpov

Reaction score

I think I've got the final decision.

I'll try a topical solution attending to your recommendations (all users) and that's it, don't wanna block any DHT in my body at all: never more.

And if it doesn't work, hopefully I'll get some money in the future to pay surgery and fix this f###ing problem forever.

¿Which topical solution do you recommend me?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

did you mention that you cannot use minoxidil? Have you tried rogaine foam, a lot of users swear by it

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

or the 2% formula if you have blood pressure issues might be safe

RaginDemon

Reaction score

karpov said:
I think I've got the final decision.

I'll try a topical solution attending to your recommendations (all users) and that's it, don't wanna block any DHT in my body at all: never more.

And if it doesn't work, hopefully I'll get some money in the future to pay surgery and fix this f###ing problem forever.

¿Which topical solution do you recommend me?

even with hair transplant, you will need to take finasteride to maintain your hair

karpov

Reaction score

The minoxidil I've tried time ago was 2%, I had never 5%. I don't feel safe using it: blood pressure, tinnitus, headache, heart acceleration, etc.

And... if I need finasteride to keep my hair after surgery... I won't do it.

I've read a lot and I know you'll mostly recommend me the "big 3" as the most effective way to keep control of my hair: ok, I already know. But, attending to my case in which I had troubles with the "big 2"... ¿could you recommend me another product?

I know that other products may work or not, it's just being a bit lucky (or not). But, from aaaaaaaaaall this products which claim to be effective, ¿which one would you say it's "maybe" the best? I realize that the success chance is small, but not zero. ¿Topical spironolactone? ¿Revivogen? ¿Tricomin? ¿Eucapil? ¿Crinagen? ¿Fabao (this is a joke!)? ¿Thymuskin?

¿RU-58841?

Thanks a lot for your help

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

a lot of people here take topical spironolactone. But it smells bad i hear. Revivogen is thrown around a lot i dont think its considered completely useless. You could also try Spectral RS from DS labs. It contains Aminexil instead of minoxidil for those who have adverse reactions to minoxidil. I used it for two months and I believe it did help the appearance of my hair. I recently started minoxidil though because of its hair regrowth abilities.

karpov

Reaction score

Ok, I'll try topical spironolactone. Don't care about smell... after having sides on my libido/breast/blood pressure... don't think I'll gonna die from stinking, LOL! Thanks for your help.

karpov

Reaction score

Spectral RS seems good too... maybe I'll give a chance if spironolactone is not enough. Thanks!

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score

I think every propecia user feels the tenderness in the nipple ( what i felt as well ) but it just doesnt grow man boobs all the time , you should try to be on propecia for a while longer and stop if u are really getting the boobs

karpov

Reaction score

Hi Nicholas;

I don't wanna reach that point: I felt this on my nipples and it was more than enough. Don't wanna do any experiment.

And I'll tell you something. Those 2 years I've been on Propecia I had very good results and I only realized a "very small" decrease of my libido. Now I've left for two months... is when I'm really understanding how this small decrease was not so "small". Now I feel much more powerful, even at sport or sex, and I can tell you 100% sure that my erections during Propecia's period where not so strong and big like now, it seems like it has grown in this 2 months no-finasteride. The animal is coming back from his 2 year's holidays.

Don't wanna block DHT no more in my body, only scalp. And if it doesn't work... bad luck, if I make a balance about how I feel inside with Porpecia or without... I prefer to be bald. Thanks!

RaginDemon

Reaction score

I am glad you made a decision, I wish you best luck mate!

karpov

Reaction score
Starting again with Propecia 1/2 (0'5mg).

As my hairloss restarted after this 2 months no-finasteride I've started taking it again; at first I thought that hairloss wouldn't take place so quick but it was fair not the truth: thinning areas appeared at speed of light, seems DHT is f***ing agressive. I've been using topical spironolactone 5% hoping this thinning process would give me more time to react... but I think it wasn't enough, and even more seeing thinning areas growing so fast.

Now I'm also taking 1 capsule of 6-OXO at night (while recommended use is 3-6 pills) and I have to say sincerelly that I have no more tenderness in my nipples. This stuff seems to be great for its low price.

The reason I'm taking 0'5mg Propecia it's cause it has almost same effect than 1mg, so I save money and probably avoid potential sides(*).

Now I'm 2 weeks in this routine, and I can report: my scalp still the same (I'll need at least 3-4 months to see results), no more tenderness in my nipples, no more early morning erections. My libido is a bit lower in the way that this 2 months it hes been so high as f***, every tit or girl's *** I saw made become 100% animal. My libido is OK, but without this "animal feeling".

(*) I accept any recommendation about dosage from finasteride while I'm using 6-OXO too

GoatsHair

Reaction score
karpov said:
Hi there;

I'm a 25 guy who started losing hair about 2 years ago, mostly by the front side of my scalp. I visited my doctor and he suggested me minoxidil and Propecia; due I have blood pressure problems we decided I would only take Propecia.

After 2 years I've to say that the results were quiet good, it almost returned me my look before starting to lose hair. About side effects I could only notice a decrease of my libido, which I think is the most common. But it didn't kill my libido at all so I didn't feel too worried.

Real problems started when I was starting to feel tenderness on my nipples, like a burning feeling. At first I didn't give a giant $#iT about it, but after reading other's users experiences I became worried. This tenderness was so irritant that I stopped using Propecia like 2 months ago; now this feeling is slowly leaving although it is not completely over.

Of course, my scalp is looking $#iT again, slowly hair is starting to fall. Now I'm in a shitty situation because my hair is falling and I can't use neither finesteride nor minoxidil due side effects. Actually I only use Nizoral shampoo 3 times a week but, as you can imagine, it's fair not enough.

I've read several hairloss forums looking for the "miracle" but it obviously doesn't exist. I've read about some products which work with some people but other people don't get any benefit of them, like topical spironolactone, flutamide, crinagen, fluradil, etc. I've also read about this "prodigal" RU-58841 but as far as I know is quiet difficult to get.

Sorry if I went too long; my question is, ¿what can I do to keep my hair attending to my experience with finasteride? ¿do you have any suggestion? I'm still a student so I can't afford the risk of spending money in a lot of different products just to see which one works.

¿What about returning to Propecia but taking also an aromatase inhibitor such as 6-OXO?

Thank you very much for your time

Breast tenderness after 2 year on Propecia? I thought if you were going to have a side effect, it would be happen pretty quickly after starting a medication.

This is the sort of thing that scares me... having to stop a med due to a side effect and then lose what you gained plus a bit. :(

Good luck to you Karpov. :)