KDL84's Story- Shaved Pics and comments added 10/11/10

KDL84

Reaction score
Re: KDL84 - 6 New Pics and comments on P.2 added 9/21/10

fab4fan said:
That buzz cut suits you. If I saw you out at a bar I'd probably cuss you out under my breath. "Why is it some guys bald and look like that when I look like I do?"

The big three are cheap enough where you can try them out for a year. See where it goes. I'd still keep the short hair. You look great. (I say this with a lifetime record of heterosexuality.)

f4f

Thanks guys for the encouraging, and of course, completely heterosexual comments. :)

Like you said, I'm going to give the big three a shot for a year. I think the results will be easier to achieve/see with a shaved head anyways. If I don't make any progress, no big deal I guess...

KDL84

Reaction score
Re: KDL84's Story-(6 New Pics and comments on P.2 added 9/21/10)

So, I know that there's a lot of people on this board who think that there is a dissproportionate amount of folks claiming to have sides with finasteride or Proscar... saying that people seek out this forum to air their grievances...

But, this weekend I had to stop Proscar. After 12 days, the severe ball/prostate ache that had taken over, the frequent urination, and the immediate drop off in desire, I had to call it quits. I know that people say to fight through it, but I'm sorry it's not worth it to have to deal with it in the other areas of my life.

I'm still using nizoral and minoxidil which I think is looking promising after a month or so of use. Guess we'll see!

KDL84

Reaction score
Re: KDL84's Story-(6 New Pics and comments on P.2 added 9/21/10)

The Proscar sides are pretty much gone at this point, but has anyone else dealt with ingrown hairs or red bumps on their scalp from minoxidil? They're not painful, but a little ugly looking with a shaved head.

But, I do think the minoxidil is working have lots of little blonde hairs growing in, weird.

garrynw4

Reaction score
the finasteride sidies could be resulting from taking 1.25mg dose, the recommended dose is 1mg per day.
Also if you have been shagging like mad recently you will get ball ache..

those are just possibilities that i assume may be the culprit of the sidies.

I may be wrong but I am now on 1mg of finasteride for 3weeks and cant say I have any majors yet!? , apart from accelerated facial hair growth

How ever I was taking a supplement called Creatine! 2weeks before finasteride, I used to take 3scoops instead of 1 scoop and guess what? a couple of days in I got sidies, which were heavy constant dizziness, blackouts, after i lowered the dose to 1 scoop I was fine and work outs were good

Now, my primary research concludes that this creatine although naturally occurring increases DHT/ testosterone therefore allowing you to recover and give a max workout in turn this means it causes hair loss if you already suffer from male pattern baldness. Flipping manufacturers do not mention this! all they say is its naturally occurring . So don’t take any protein shakes or creatine supplements etc

anyway I was on creatine for 2months and stopped! but then went onto finasteride 2 weeks later so it may be my DHT levels were increased by a further 20% in addition to the normal high DHT therefore finasteride may not yet have kicked for me yet.......

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
garrynw4 said:
the finasteride sidies could be resulting from taking 1.25mg dose, the recommended dose is 1mg per day.

No way does that matter. The difference is minimal.

If he has sides and doesn't wanna take it then fair enough. It's gonna be tough keeping the minoxidil results without it though, if he sees any.

garrynw4

Reaction score
sadscalp said:
garrynw4 said:

No way does that matter. The difference is minimal.

If he has sides and doesn't wanna take it then fair enough. It's gonna be tough keeping the minoxidil results without it though, if he sees any.

agreed,

There is also a finasteride substitute called "RU58841" does not give same sidies as finasteride and quite effective in the fight against male pattern baldness.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
It's great your feeling more confident with a shaven head. I think many of us envy this alone, confidence within yourself is a good character traith and makes you more likeable, and more attractive to the ladys. Glad you got that.

Though, I'd still say that in my opinion you would look better with hair. I hope you can regrow something, so that at least you'll have to choice wether to rock the bald look, or keep the hair. Deffinatly keep us noticed.