L.A and L.V

The Gardener

Reaction score
saf, here's a metro system bus/rail travel planner. Just type in a origination point, and a destination, and it spits out bus/rail routes to complete your journey.

You don't need to be exact in your geographic entries... just type in the general area, and if there is ambiguity in your selection, it provides a pick list to narrow down your selection:

http://socaltransport.org/tm_pub_start.php

Just as a word of warning... there are some areas of LA you want to avoid. If you look at a map, between downtown Los Angeles and Long Beach (to the south) there are two major freeways, the 110 and the 710, that run between them. The area bounded between these two freeways, from LA to the north and Long Beach to the south, I would advise against loitering in. Now, this is JUST a rule of thumb, and is not all encompassing nor exclusive. There are some nicer areas within this area, and there are sketchy areas outside of them... but I think its a pretty good general guide.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I can confirm the Getty is amazing. Free is always nice. (Recently went to the Villa for my second time.)