Latisse

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
We non capable Finasteride users are very excited to see if this stuff works!! Please keep us posted! Much thanks

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
Thread bump-

So I used Bimatoprost for a little over a month and did not see much results so I kinda gave it up.

Well, I am trying it yet again this time because I feel it still may have effects if I used it long enough.
What is awesome about this bimatoprost is that it has no systemic side effects like minoxidil.

I am ordering six - 3ml bottles which should last me ohh I dunno 4-5 months?
Costs $100 ish for 6 bottles. This stuff aint cheap!
I wish I could get a prescription for lumigan so my insurance would cover it.
I doubt any doctor would prescribe it for me though.

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, do tell...
Especially if you mix it with minoxidil? Also, where do you get your stuff? I appreciate your feedback either way.

I am reading that it does indeed work pretty well on eyelashes.
Scalp hair and eyelashes are way different I think. Eyelashes are not affected by DHT, therefore Bimatoprost may not work on miniaturizing hair that is affected by it?

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Use brand name Latisse,I get it from local pharmacy with a script from my doctor. Take a cap from the foam can if you have one.Add 1ml of rogain liquid in it and then add four drops of latisse to it.Mix it with the little brush that latisse comes with and then just spill it on your head and spread it with your fingers.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Does it work much better than minoxidil? Any other feedback about your experience?

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
use 4 drops per 1ml of rogaine,combined it is supercharged.
Brand nae latisse.You will see those short hairs geting longer in about four months.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats great!
Do you also notice less hair loss as well? Do you use anything else such as Finasterise? I know you use 5% minoxidil. Finasteride thickened up my hair but I had to quit due to really bad sides. Think latisse will give similiar results as Finasteride? I am a diffuser so I may be screwed. Thanks!

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bababooey said:
Thread bump-

So I used Bimatoprost for a little over a month and did not see much results so I kinda gave it up.

Well, I am trying it yet again this time because I feel it still may have effects if I used it long enough.
What is awesome about this bimatoprost is that it has no systemic side effects like minoxidil.

I am ordering six - 3ml bottles which should last me ohh I dunno 4-5 months?
Costs $100 ish for 6 bottles. This stuff aint cheap!
I wish I could get a prescription for lumigan so my insurance would cover it.
I doubt any doctor would prescribe it for me though.

There are NO proven hair loss products that work within a month. Results with anything take time. So affording a bimatoprost topical only 1 month to work is pretty silly IMO.

You have the right idea by giving it a solid 4-5 month trial like your going to do now it seems.

I wouldnt add latisse to rogaine/minoxidil. It waters it down way too much. I would add 0.5mls of DMSO to a 3ml Lumingan bottle. that would make it 2.5% bimatosprost instead of 3% which isnt that much of a change.

Plus the DMSO will help in penetrate the thick scalp better. The ingredients of Lumigan is just water and preservative with bimatoprost. Or you could add 0.5ml of ethanol or DMI.

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
Any feedback on this? I am going to Mexico, and may be able to pick up some of this cheap, though I am not sure. Also, no side effects?

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Latisse is known to cause permanent darkening of the hair follicle (not terrible for any brunettes trying to grow hair but would look odd on a blonde) and can also permanently change the color of your iris. They're still in testing for male pattern baldness treatment.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I never heard of it permanetly changing the color of the hair follicle. But the Iris part is true.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah.

Still in the initial stages. I see some vellous sprouting but whether it will grow longer or thicker only time will tell.

I add 0.5ml of DMSO to each bottle when I open it. I dont think just water alone will get through the thick stratum corneum. And that is what latisse's vehicle is basically.

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
Just so you know, I didn't see Lumigan at the Farmcia in Mexico. All kinds of roids, and v****, etc, but no Lumigan.