Lex808's story

Lex808

Reaction score
Here is just something that I found about the mechanism of action for propecia and rogaine.

It just helps me to visualize what is going on with my hair. Happy New Year to all! May this year be the year for great hair again!

MARC AVRAM, MD: Propecia affects the conversion of one form of testosterone to another in the hair follicles. By blocking the conversion of one form to another of testosterone, it helps maintain existing hair and helps even promote the regrowth of hair follicles, which have been thinning. As part of male pattern hair loss, what happens is, each cycle the hair gets thinner and thinner, finer and finer until it finally doesn't grow any more. Propecia can convert some of those fining, finer, thinner hairs into thicker hairs.

ROBERT LEONARD, DO: We don't know the exact mechanism of action of Rogaine, but we feel that it increases the protein building blocks, allowing the hair follicle to create a hair. Wherever it's applied to, where follicles reside, it is considered a hypertrichotic agent, which actuall

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Lex808 said:
Here is just something that I found about the mechanism of action for propecia and rogaine.

It just helps me to visualize what is going on with my hair. Happy New Year to all! May this year be the year for great hair again!

MARC AVRAM, MD: Propecia affects the conversion of one form of testosterone to another in the hair follicles. By blocking the conversion of one form to another of testosterone, it helps maintain existing hair and helps even promote the regrowth of hair follicles, which have been thinning. As part of male pattern hair loss, what happens is, each cycle the hair gets thinner and thinner, finer and finer until it finally doesn't grow any more. Propecia can convert some of those fining, finer, thinner hairs into thicker hairs.

ROBERT LEONARD, DO: We don't know the exact mechanism of action of Rogaine, but we feel that it increases the protein building blocks, allowing the hair follicle to create a hair. Wherever it's applied to, where follicles reside, it is considered a hypertrichotic agent, which actuall

they both work and they both have some unwanted sides.

Lex808

Reaction score
For those that propecia is working for, I have a few brief questions:

What are the signs that propecia is working?

If propecia is suppose to maintain what you have, does it maintain the stage you are at when you started the first pill or the stage when it actually "starts working"?

Thank you! This site is great.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Lex808 said:
For those that propecia is working for, I have a few brief questions:

What are the signs that propecia is working?

If propecia is suppose to maintain what you have, does it maintain the stage you are at when you started the first pill or the stage when it actually "starts working"?

Thank you! This site is great.

it thickens up your hair, after couple months of usage, you will feel your hair is thicker and it appears healthier/darker.

my crown started to fill in more after 6 months on Propecia.

Lex808

Reaction score
Hey RaginDemon,

Thanks for your replies. Do you still lose hair or has it completely stopped? I'm still losing a lot of hair in the shower, and it's driving me crazy.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Lex808 said:
Hey RaginDemon,

Thanks for your replies. Do you still lose hair or has it completely stopped? I'm still losing a lot of hair in the shower, and it's driving me crazy.

I dont count how many hair I shed a day, I never did, I don't care how much I shed at all, I just pay attention to the overall quality/quanity of my hair.

It has improved since I started treatment a yr ago.