Long Term User But Tide Is Turning. Need Advice

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair still looks the same IMO. I think finasteride and minoxidil is all you need at this point.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Your hair still looks the same IMO. I think finasteride and minoxidil is all you need at this point.
Dave, would you consider this guys hair better than yours? How do you rate his hair? Just curious about your perception here.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dave, would you consider this guys hair better than yours? How do you rate his hair? Just curious about your perception here.

I would say that he has a little more recession than me, but overall is hair is basically perfect.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I would say that he has a little more recession than me, but overall is hair is basically perfect.
I am glad you can see that. So basically your hair is even more perfect so just remember that. Mine is almost exactly like his but slightly less density.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes no change really thankfully. If one thing im lucky about its that my hairloss is slow. 18 to 31yo and i havnt lost that much.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
still applying minoxidil just to your hairline? not whole scalp?
because you have a great hair density!

you didnt get sides while on duta?
you had the same recession when you started fina?

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi yes just to hairline.

No sides from duta but stopped because of scaremongering and cost.

Ive lost hair in temples from 18 but have managed to keep on top of it over yrs with treatment and my balding is slow

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is no way that's even male pattern baldness. if you truly had it then you would have lost way more than that with or without finasteride.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you read story youll see i have been losing hair everyday since 18 and ive been on finasteride on and off for over ten yrs

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're my hair goals man. I really hope Finasteride maintains my hair for as long as it did for you.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I noticed my itch increased again and started getting spots on scalp. Hair fall started badly again.

So im left wondering now again if finasteride is losing its effect or if the new generic im using is a fake batch. Switched from years on fincar to using finast.

Dont know whats going on. Will pick up some coal tar shampoo to settle scalp and some peppermint oil. As for the meds will have to ride it out and see how it goes..

Any advice???

Last edited:

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks the same. I think the lighting is just a little bit different. However, only you know your hair the best.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you describe your itch in detail? Does it mainly occur in areas where ur losing hair like hairline? Do u have dandruff? Where do u order ur finasteride from?

What is ur entire regimen.

Ur hair still looks amazing to me btw

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Itch is round hairline yea. Its horrible. Can literally feel hair follicles dying.

I have some dandruff yea but this may well be the minoxidil as it dries my scalp out.

Ordered my finasteride from inhouse and always have. Though last order i went for a different brand because my usual one was not in stock.

My regimen is finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral. Nothing exciting in there.

My hair is definately limper recently but most worryingly is the hairline which is definately retreating. I probably should put a better pic of my hair as last one is a bit deceiving as its blowdryed and covering hairline.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Itch is round hairline yea. Its horrible. Can literally feel hair follicles dying.

I have some dandruff yea but this may well be the minoxidil as it dries my scalp out.

Ordered my finasteride from inhouse and always have. Though last order i went for a different brand because my usual one was not in stock.

My regimen is finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral. Nothing exciting in there.

My hair is definately limper recently but most worryingly is the hairline which is definately retreating. I probably should put a better pic of my hair as last one is a bit deceiving as its blowdryed and covering hairline.

Maybe try the tgel that helped the itch before?

Do u use nizoral 1% or 2%. How often?