Looking for the right hair transplant

setokun

Reaction score
Its been 5-6 years since i started losing my hair. At the time I was only 20. Now I am 26, I've lost a lot of hair in the front and the crown area, I've been hiding behind Toppik and stuff like that, and in the meantime, I've been saving up money and now I've finally saved up enough money to do a hair transplant.

I'm currently located in hong Kong. There's a company from the states called Nuhart. they have an office in Hong Kong, I am thinking if i should do it locally or...go to antoher location to find another doctor for the job.

Have anyone heard about these guys? are they any good?

for a place near HK, which surgeon would you suggest?

Thanks

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'd suggest being willing to travel for your H/T. It may add a little cost on to the bill, but don't, DON'T book anything yet, you don't sound like you have done lots of research. I have heard of Nuhart, but not particularly good things.

setokun

Reaction score
you're right somewhat correct to say i ahven't done my research...in terms of not knowing what surgent is good and what not.

I've done research mostly on the process, the effects and what is required during the treatment...

I know doctors suggests you to take Propercia for at least 1 year after the surgery...and right when its completed, I've seen pictures were people's head looks "bloody". and I've read many sucessful / non sucessfuly story...and how you actually lose more hair during the first 3 months until it grows back around 6 - 12 months...so my question now is...who is a good surgent...I;ve heard many things about Armanil...but i dont think he's anywhere in the Asia area...any one know a good surgent?

setokun

Reaction score
And I guess you're right about traveling...If i'm going to spend this kind of money, I better get this right.

Actually, i've been thinking about Dr Armani. I've heard many good feedbacks for him and it seems like he's the best out there at the moment. He's based on Toronto, where I used to live, I've heard that they can provide localised hair transplants. I guess if it is his brand name, his surgeons should do just fine?

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
setokun said:
And I guess you're right about traveling...If i'm going to spend this kind of money, I better get this right.

Actually, i've been thinking about Dr Armani. I've heard many good feedbacks for him and it seems like he's the best out there at the moment. He's based on Toronto, where I used to live, I've heard that they can provide localised hair transplants. I guess if it is his brand name, his surgeons should do just fine?

You should consult with Dr. Arvind. He is located in New Delhi and, IMO, one of the best doctors out there.

CCS

Reaction score
I agree. Do not get hair transplant if the donor hair is from your head. Now if it is from your body, it's all good. The only reason not to get BHT before a year on propecia is if you think you can regrow some hair with propecia. Usually even if you are a great responder, you need both propecia and minxodil to regrow your hair dramatically, and that is if you respond well to both. I don't like using minoxidil.

Definitely do your research, and look for Dr A.

There is a Doctor in Istanbul who is super inexpensive: 3000 BHT for $4500, and I think it includes travel, though I could be wrong. Still, do not go to him just for the price. You don't want a ton of dot scars all over your legs, or for the BHT to not grow out as well as you like. You got to translate that guys site and see lots of proof. Hard to know what techniques he uses when the site is not in English. I'd rather go to Dr A. If not Dr A, then Dr Umar in California.

setokun

Reaction score
CCS said:
I agree. Do not get hair transplant if the donor hair is from your head. Now if it is from your body, it's all good. The only reason not to get BHT before a year on propecia is if you think you can regrow some hair with propecia. Usually even if you are a great responder, you need both propecia and minxodil to regrow your hair dramatically, and that is if you respond well to both. I don't like using minoxidil.

Definitely do your research, and look for Dr A.

There is a Doctor in Istanbul who is super inexpensive: 3000 BHT for $4500, and I think it includes travel, though I could be wrong. Still, do not go to him just for the price. You don't want a ton of dot scars all over your legs, or for the BHT to not grow out as well as you like. You got to translate that guys site and see lots of proof. Hard to know what techniques he uses when the site is not in English. I'd rather go to Dr A. If not Dr A, then Dr Umar in California.

I've seen nasty results from Propecia where it worked a bit while on medication, but as soon as you stop, not only you lose all your effort, but it made things worse. not to mention the side effect while you're ON medication. IMO, i am not sure if i want to take this risk..altho..if i get a BHT, I don't think I'll have any choice...

when you say a hair transplant from your body..which part of the body are you referring to...like..chest hair? (aren't they curly?) Dr A, I'm looking at his site now, Thanks for letting me know, but he's in India. wasn't expecting travel to that part of the world...but will consider if he really is that good.. Thanks for the comments..anyone else have feed back on Dr A?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Typical CCS going all full on about BHT, in a few weeks time he'll have changed his mind yet again and be proclaiming something else is 'the answer'. (The cycle continues).... :roll:

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Typical CCS going all full on about BHT, in a few weeks time he'll have changed his mind yet again and be proclaiming something else is 'the answer'. (The cycle continues).... :roll:

Hi there saf,
I dont know about CCS history. But I think he has some mistaken notions about bht. I hope he reads the guidelines for bht before speaking all sorts of things about bht.

CCS

Reaction score
Guidelines for BHT (Hair Transplant)
posted by Dr. Arvind , New Delhi, India, 06.12.2007, 10:24

Dear Forum readers and fellow hair transplant doctors,

I would like to share our experience in BHT with others.
Below, I have formulated a set of guidelines that should help prospective patients as well as future doctors venturing into BHT.

These guidelines are based on our follow up observations in patients.

1. Preshave the body donor areas 3 to 5 days before the extraction. It is a simple step and very helpful to pinpoint the actively growing hair that need to be used.

2. Use only the body donor hair in active growing phase for purpose of transplant. Do not use telogen hair.

3. Assume the transplanted body hair will retain their original characteristics (length, calibre, color, predisposition to greying, curl, anagen/telogen %ages and hair growth cycles).

4. Factor in the impact of growth cycles and characteristics of the body donor hair proposed to be transplanted.

5. Mix the various body as well as scalp donor hair in any particular area of scalp.

CCS

Reaction score
My worry is that when the first round of transplanted hair goes into telogen on my head, how can I transplant more body hair to the head and not accidentally transect the hairs that are in the resting phase beneath the skin.

CCS

Reaction score

CCS

Reaction score
He wrote pages and pages.

setokun

Reaction score
To start, i think i should upload my photos and get feedback from everyone here...what do you guys think?

FUE vs FUHT.

FUHT is cheap, longer downtime, recovery time, potential scar

FUE - more expensive, less downtime, quicker recovery time, less likely to leave a scar.

anything else i should be aware of?

Attachments

• frontal.jpg
    frontal.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 183

s.a.f

Reaction score
Looking at the photo I think you're eventually headed for quite a significant degree of hairloss. Remember you can inherit it from both sides of the family.

setokun

Reaction score
Yes, i know, that's why i need to fix it asap.

This is one of the reason why i consider mixture of BHT and FUE...

I mean, my other side of the relative have no problem with hair loss..
Its only my dad, but seeing how he is now, i'd say i should be alright...

my don't lose as much hair as i did when i was younger, i'd think that my hair loss had slowdown greatly...

so its..rather now or nothing...really need a consultation in a reliable place in order to know more...

Petchsky

Reaction score
Setokun, A lot of the docs at consultations will ask if your on meds...there are other options than propecia. It would be wise to take an anti androgen such as spironolactone, proxiphen etc..

It would help you alot if you are able to keep the hair you have on top. Nevertheless, it's best you concentrate on doing lots more research, and think about getting a transplant at the front of your head, a mature hairline will be smartest, and look to leave the crown for now.

setokun

Reaction score
thanks for the input. Bringing down the hairline is one of the most important thing i think, but if i really want to bring it down, i am not sure if my donor area is enough.

so the other day when i was looking through these forums, i saw people talk about a mixture of BHT and hair transplant to maximize area. it'd be more expensive, and i've heard the BHT is not very noticeable bcoz its mixed in with regular hair.

but body hair are curly...so when it grows on the head, will it be curly and not straight?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes it will be curly on the head like it is on the body. And bearing in mind that you could still lose lots more hair you are'nt going to be able to bring the hairline down very much it would be too risky.

setokun

Reaction score
but i can't keep balding, I'm going crazy looking at myself in the mirror. hair transplant was the only thing keep me sane, i want real hair to actually grow from my head again. I've been applying a lot of Toppik and durmash on myself everyday just to look a bit more normal, but this is only a temporary thing i can't rely on it forever!

I can't shave my head coz its not round, it looks terrible.