LoosingItFast's story - (22 and temple receding)

loosingItFast

Reaction score
22 years old and always had a high hairline, the last 2 years or so I noticed my temples receding but it never bother me much. Since the start of September my hair loss has become extremely aggressive. My temples have receded a fair bit and I've also begun to thin out on the top of my head. The thinning seemed to spring up over night to be honest. I've been on the big 3 for 3 weeks now and will post pictures every 3 months or so just to get other opinions on if I'm above baseline or not. I would probably say I am a Norwood 3 at this point.

Attachments

• Photo 25.jpg
    Photo 25.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 5,977
  • Photo 5.jpg
    Photo 5.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 4,694
  • Photo 7.jpg
    Photo 7.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 4,699

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: My story

I think your between NW2 and NW3. GL man!

loosingItFast

Reaction score

Thank you all for the well wishes. I still can see a lot of "baby" hairs in my temples and my hair line still has a lot of hairs at the same length as the rest of my hairs but they are just much thinner. I am hoping that the rogaine and the finasteride. will work the miracles on my hairline that it has for some (btw by miracle I mean cut me down to a Norwood 2 :) ).

RaginDemon

Reaction score

NW2 is a very realistic goal. I mean you can always consider hair transplant to improve your hairline once your hairloss stablizes.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score

defintely not a nw3 - probably nw2.5 is the front diffuse or still fairly strong its hard to tell from that pic

safe

RaginDemon

Reaction score

get on big 3 and hopefully it will at least help you maintain for many yrs to come

antonio666

Reaction score

losinitfast,you might have just caught it in time,now pray the meds work ,good luck

RaginDemon

Reaction score

antonio666 said:
losinitfast,you might have just caught it in time,now pray the meds work ,good luck

I wouldn't say he caught just IN TIME, but its definitely not too late.

loosingItFast

Reaction score
Well a quick little update

My story is fairly typical so far, 1 month in I experienced the minoxidil shed. My crown has thinned a bit from the shedding. My hairlines hasn't moved back which is a good thing. The middle tuft on my hair line has sprouted some fairly dark new hairs, I also have a lot of vellus hairs coming in as well. Since the shedding finally stopped about 1-2 weeks ago I am hoping to see something a little more positive in the next month but am really happy that my hairline hasn't moved back.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
your hair loss may have stablized, my dad's hair receeded like yours 20 yrs ago and it stayed that way ever since.

loosingItFast

Reaction score
Yeah, I hope it doesn't get any worse. Besides the thinning in my crown , which is starting to grow back now I haven't noticed anymore loss. Like I said the good news is that some hair is starting to sprout up in my temples and they feel a bit thicker than the vellous hairs at the front of my hairline. I guess I'm just relieved because at around mid Sept. I lost a lot of hair, it almost seemed like it happened over night. I just hope whatever I lost in that time period comes back, before that I never actually worried about my hair.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
hope things get better for you

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the EXACT same pattern same age and all. I'm just about to start the same regimen, it def sucks but I'm pretty sure there's hope for us. Once it stabilizes you might want to look into a minor hair transplant to fill in the loss on the temples. Good luck fella.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
yeah, if you only have temple recessions, a hair transplant will make your hair look great.

loosingItFast

Reaction score
I wish it was only recession, I've been applying minoxidil to my crown as well and it has thinned in a major way

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,150

RaginDemon

Reaction score
are you on finasteride already mate?

loosingItFast

Reaction score
Yup been on he big 3 for over 2 months now, I know the state of my crown is a minoxidil shed, there was hair there a month ago. I'm not too worried as the hair has started to grow back. The minoxidil shed isn't such a shock if you look at most of the stories on this board with people using minoxidil

indie85

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like you had alot of little hairs there on your temples when you started, I think Rogaine will grow them back strong. Was your crown just diffuse before you applied min to it, or was it around same thickness as rest of hair? I would only let finasteride take care of diffuse areas and rogaine total regrowth, like your temples. But now that you've started min on your crown, dont stop! ever! it will grow back stronger and thicker than before, just hastle applying it there thats all.