LoosingItFast's story - (22 and temple receding)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
my crown got worse when I first started minoxidil too, now its much improved, its about the size of half a penny.

loosingItFast

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
my crown got worse when I first started minoxidil too, now its much improved, its about the size of half a penny.

glad to hear you''ve had success with minoxidil. I was actually really shocked at how much I lost at the crown but it's starting to come back. I just look ridiculous with a 2-3 cm diameter circle on the top of my head lol.

loosingItFast

Reaction score
PersonGuy said:
I have the EXACT same pattern same age and all. I'm just about to start the same regimen, it def sucks but I'm pretty sure there's hope for us. Once it stabilizes you might want to look into a minor hair transplant to fill in the loss on the temples. Good luck fella.

good luck man, My temples have started to fill in a but, fairly new thick hair has started to come in there and I haven't been on the big 3 that long (3-3.5 months)

loosingItFast

Reaction score
indie85 said:
Looks like you had alot of little hairs there on your temples when you started, I think Rogaine will grow them back strong. Was your crown just diffuse before you applied min to it, or was it around same thickness as rest of hair? I would only let finasteride take care of diffuse areas and rogaine total regrowth, like your temples. But now that you've started min on your crown, dont stop! ever! it will grow back stronger and thicker than before, just hastle applying it there thats all.

My crown was fairly thin when i started treatments but no where near what it looks like now. I kinda wish i had just used minoxidil on my hairline and saw how much finasteride would have improved my crown.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
loosingItFast said:
RaginDemon said:

glad to hear you''ve had success with minoxidil. I was actually really shocked at how much I lost at the crown but it's starting to come back. I just look ridiculous with a 2-3 cm diameter circle on the top of my head lol.

how bad was your crown before you started treatment?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
stick to it for a while and compare the result with your baseline.

I know its easy to say than done, but it seems like getting worse than baseline is one of the necessary steps before things pick up.

GL to you bro!

loosingItFast

Reaction score
Well it's been about a month since my last update, My crown has started to fill in again since the massive rogaine shed there. Also my temples have continued to fill in and if the all the new hairs thicken up I will be a very happy customer. The key to this hairloss fight is patience, I'm glad I've stuck with foam after the massive shed instead of getting off it. My crown hair seems to be a bit thicker as well.

Probably post pictures soon

RaginDemon

Reaction score
loosingItFast said:
Well it's been about a month since my last update, My crown has started to fill in again since the massive rogaine shed there. Also my temples have continued to fill in and if the all the new hairs thicken up I will be a very happy customer. The key to this hairloss fight is patience, I'm glad I've stuck with foam after the massive shed instead of getting off it. My crown hair seems to be a bit thicker as well.

Probably post pictures soon

definitely good news man

you need to be VERY patient and give it a lot of time to value the difference.

I stopped checking on my hairline everyday, I start checking my hair less and less since I started treatment.

GL!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
aaronpsy@hotmail.com said:
What's the big three guys?

And what's this 'Norwood' business, i'm a laymen in shedology?

big 3 = finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral shampoo

Norwood is a scale to measure baldness.

loosingItFast

Reaction score
Well here are the pics, I know my crown still looks thin but if u compare it to the pic on page 2 (which was right after my huge roagaine shed) hair is starting to fill in there again.

Attachments

• Photo 5.jpg
    Photo 5.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,130
  • Photo 6.jpg
    Photo 6.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,140
  • Photo 31.jpg
    Photo 31.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,150

RaginDemon

Reaction score
your non-male pattern baldness affected hair still looks healthy and thick, I think you can be a great hair transplant candidate if you ever consider it!

loosingItFast

Reaction score
here is my 8 month update

My hair has thickened up a bit but right now I am in the middle of a shed. I have maintained so far on fincar (from united), rogaine foam and nizoral.

This is how my hair looks now, with the way I style it. My crown is still a bit thin but if I comb my hair forward it's not that noticeable.

I just have 1 question, has anyone gone through a shed at 8 months due to finasteride? I ask because I'm not shedding in the areas I apply the foam.

Attachments

• Photo 73.jpg
    Photo 73.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,025
  • Photo 90.jpg
    Photo 90.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,018
  • Photo 91.jpg
    Photo 91.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,036

loosingItFast

Reaction score
one year update, let me know what norwood you think i am and how much progress i'm making.

Attachments

• crown.jpg
    crown.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 797
  • front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 796
  • front2.jpg
    front2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 795
  • side.png
    side.png
    250 KB · Views: 206

Petchsky

Reaction score
Looking good, NW2 i'd say. All you need to do now is stay consistent with your regimen!

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like its totally improved your crown and slightly improved the hairline.

I think its doing what its suppose to be, maintaing continue bro! keep us updated

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Definately a thread for the sucess stories thread. Congratulations man, lookin good!

-DH

loosingItFast

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comments guys, I'm glad that someone thinks i'm a nw2 (which was my goal). I'm just hoping to maintain and hopefully finasteride and min thicken the hairline a bit more and I would be extremely happy but since i'm so far along ( a little over a year in) I think min has probably done all it will do.