Losing It Big Time

Australianlady

Reaction score
I am losing up to 300 hairs per day!!!! Can see my scalp thru the top and my fringe is gone! All bloods showed nothing, no systemic reason. The hairs have a tiny bulb so they are shedding and not breaking. WHY??? I am so depressed and stressed that i dont leave the house now. My Doctor wants to prescribe Luvox antidepressant but I have heard this can actually cause hair loss so I am too scared to take it. I am however stressed out and wonder if this is the reason. Recently moved house and have had a stressful time lately. The shed has been going on for about 2 months now.....dont know what to do. Any help please!!!!! I take supplements and eat well so dont think its diet related. Going insane!!!

HappyToBeHair

Reaction score
SHEDDING STOPPED COMPLETELY WITH SAW PALMETTO & BETA SIT

Please try high doses of Saw Palmetto and Beta Sitosterol. If your hair loss is due to excess DHT (same problem as male pattern baldness), these supplements WILL solve your problem. Keep the doses high, though. I take one dose of each in the morning and one in the evening, and my shedding (lots!) has COMPLETELY stopped. What a gift!

Good luck with your problem, and please write again if you try my suggestion and wish to share your results.

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: SHEDDING STOPPED COMPLETELY WITH SAW PALMETTO & BETA

HappyToBeHair said:
Please try high doses of Saw Palmetto and Beta Sitosterol. If your hair loss is due to excess DHT (same problem as male pattern baldness), these supplements WILL solve your problem.

There is no evidence that Saw Palmetto does anything to prevent hair loss. It doesn't reduce blood DHT levels as Propecia does, so there's no reason to think it would have the same effect on hair loss.

HappyToBeHair

Reaction score
Saw Palmetto & Beta Sitosterol Redux

It's true, I've not seen any authoritative double-blinded clinical studies that unequiviocally prove saw palmetto and its component, Beta Sitosterol stop or ameliorate male pattern baldness. NEVERTHELESS, there's a great deal of anecdotal evidence that it might, and for me, there's NO DOUBT it's stopped all my excess hair loss (and then some).

So, feel free to wait around for definitive clinical evidence one way or another, or start taking these healthy plant sterols and see if it helps your problem.

OLGA

Reaction score
hair loss

I am a female (over 50 years old) from Australia (Melbourne) too.
Just want to list my bad experience & a little recearch so you would not waste you time & money as I did.
1.Rogain help me only at the begining. I wasted nearly 3 years on it & a lot of money.
2.Propecia for men only.
3.Now I am trying new 'Thymuskin'. Paid nearly $500 AU which will last 3 month only. Will let you know if it works-will know only after 6 month.

Good Luck.
Olga