Made a custom topical

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Beethoven said:
bcapop said:
Creatine
-Reduces Caspase 3. Caspase 3 is an end target of DHT which signals cell death (9).
-Prevents ATP depletion.

I remember reading in several places (and also recently a poster in another thread too) that creatine could increase DHEA, and this might result in an increase in DHT, so the effect could be negative for hair? What do you think? or am I talking nonsense :)

Never heard of it and I can't find any info about it :) Could you name your source please?

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
bcapop said:
Beethoven said:
bcapop said:
Creatine
-Reduces Caspase 3. Caspase 3 is an end target of DHT which signals cell death (9).
-Prevents ATP depletion.

I remember reading in several places (and also recently a poster in another thread too) that creatine could increase DHEA, and this might result in an increase in DHT, so the effect could be negative for hair? What do you think? or am I talking nonsense :)

Never heard of it and I can't find any info about it :) Could you name your source please?

Done a little searching, only found some rumors from bodybuilders (that's also what I remembered reading), nothing solid. So... you got me :) I saw many articles in google scholar about the positive effect of creatine. Indeed it seems like a good add to a topical.

toivonen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi bcapop, i contacted Elsom, and asked them to produce something equal to your product, but company rules say that only sell in batch's..and that amount of money i can't afford...any chance in you selling individual or in smaller number of bottles.

MANY THANKS

PS-Hope i'm not asking for something out of the rules, if that's the case, just point me out and direct me to the alternative solution...no moral atitudes, GOD already give me that in daily dosages.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Any update on how your topical worked for you?

Jacob

Reaction score
Since this is about Elsom..I may try out their newest topical one of these days.

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Any update on how your topical worked for you?

My lastest was a bit disappointing, because it stains a lot. My hair loss seem to get a bit worse now, but I'm only using 1 topical now, while I was using a couple topicals in the past which did work for me. I'm currently waiting on the new topical:

EGCG
Resveratrol
Acetyl L-Carnitine
Isonicotinamide
Adenosine
L-Leucine
Inositol
R-lipoic acid
Essential oils: thyme, rosemary, lavender en cedarwood (from the AA study)
Linoleic acid
Red ginseng extract
Procyanidin B-3
Zinc

Jacob said:
Since this is about Elsom..I may try out their newest topical one of these days.

The Krill one?

Jacob

Reaction score
Ha..no, not the krill one. UNLESS Obama....hmmmmmmmm

It's the scalpXtreme I'm referring to. Yours looks good though too. I am a little leery about ordering something right now during the freezing temps though..I wish they'd FedEx.

Do you think those essential oils you listed would work via a shampoo? I really like the one I'm using that contains some eo's..at least I think they'd be considered eo's...and I wonder if the lady would whip up something just for us.

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't use them in a shampoo, since you can't completely control how much is going into your body. And I wouldn't want to get them all into my body ;).

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Funny , as much as I hate hair loss I'm beggning to enjoy experimenting and learning about what things can do for you. Kind a obsession now. You have really gone into detail in creating your custom topical , hope you get great results for your work.

I amazed you can afford 1800 every 3 months for topicals. Well done. :punk:

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
decro435 said:
Funny , as much as I hate hair loss I'm beggning to enjoy experimenting and learning about what things can do for you. Kind a obsession now. You have really gone into detail in creating your custom topical , hope you get great results for your work.

I amazed you can afford 1800 every 3 months for topicals. Well done. :punk:

I really can't :woot: . It's about 10 people each time ordering a couple of topicals. I should stop experimenting and just make 1 or 2 topicals that I can use consistently though.

Jacob

Reaction score
Bcapop..when you said above that the previous topical stained, do you mean it wouldn't wash off or that it showed after applying it?

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Bcapop..when you said above that the previous topical stained, do you mean it wouldn't wash off or that it showed after applying it?

It stained towels a lot and I couldn't wash it off.

Jacob

Reaction score
That's strange. Most of their topicals do "stain", in that they show on the scalp. Some a lot. But I've never had any problems with washing them off in the morning.

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
It's here. It's a bit thinner than usual, but that's fine. It smells a lot like cedarwood, which not everyone likes, but I do :) .

I only use this topical at the moment so it will be a good test.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Nice1, keeps us updated on your, and the groups, overall results :)