markpark's story update

markpark

Reaction score
Ok so this my story,i noticed my hair thinning in march 06 i didn`t pat much attention to it n just went out n bought a thickning shampoo which after about 3 months my hair was looking great again,i should of known it wouldn`t be that easy to escape male pattern baldness but i had hope that i wasn`t going bald since only my dad is bald except for the bit he has at the front lol the rest of my family n grand fathers wasn`t bald so just hoped i got there genes instead,i was wrong :( .

In october 06 out of nowhere a ahd this super burning itch all over my top of my head but only in the male pattern baldness area`s where man typically go bald(crown,down middle of head,temples).i went straight in the shower n what a saw in the mirror shocked the hell outta me lol,just pure white gunk in my hair,really thick,went to the docs n he said i had seborrheic dermatitis n gave my some lotion which never worked at all but took away my itch.

The strange thing about it all is at the same time i have also gotten bad acne n started growing hair on my back,shoulders which is horrible i hate it :( so i belive this had all gotta be related to that bad guy called dht,i`ve also been to the docs again n had my hormones checked and everything was oky doky except i had really high blood sugar levels n cholesterol n nearly was classed has type 2 diabetes and im not even fat,im slim or skinny if anything n always keep fit so after a year of looking on ere n doing nothing i`ve decided thats it,i`ve bought some proscar gonna divide eact tab into 5,its hard when the tab goes flying after u cut it.i`ve already got nizoral 2% used it for a year now and i gotta say its done nothing for my serborric dermatitis but is a very good anti inflammatory and also had some weird new hair hairs grow on my forehead from it and not thin ones i mean thick dark hair.so might stick with it,thinking of adding a herbal shampoo aswell.ok i took my first tab of proscar yesterday so il update my pics every month,gonna put my pics up now if i can do it...

rsybyp.jpg

szdg5i.jpg

28amc7k.jpg

of6cyu.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: hiya

Honestly I think your hair loss is a little advanced for the help of big 3, with NW6, it's hard to make a cosmetic difference with drugs.

Sorry. :(

markpark

Reaction score

I agree but il give things a shot n see what happens,if after 3months nothing improves il just buzz it.i have alot of diffuse hairs n just hoping that they will thicken up :innocent: ,il keep everybody updated either way.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Markpark,

In my opinion, you are not a Norwood 6, not even close. You are a diffused nw3 worst case nw4. Give the proscar a shot and reevaluate at one year. If you are happy with your results, keep taking the proscar, if you want more regrowth add in minoxidil foam 2x a day. Of course also keep using nizoral 2% 2-3 times a week. No one knows how they will respond to a drug. At least u will know that u tried doing something about your hairloss instead of just sitting back and watching it go. Good luck bud.

markpark

Reaction score

Hey thxs i do appreciate the support and just looking at all the success stories gives me hope.il defo stick with the nizoral since it does make my scalp feel good n takes away the redness yet doesn`t touch my seborrheic dermatitis but had a few random hairs growing near my hair line or smack in middle of my forehead lol since using it so there must be something special about it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

if decide to use treatments, I hope you can give them a year to evaluate the result, the regrowing process is very slow and it requires a lot of patient.

barcafan

Reaction score

I think if your hair fills in decently all over, you'll be in decent shape. Definetly not too late.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

You can make a recovery. The advantage you have is you still have your hair line. You don't have a bald patch but rather the hairs are thinning fast. My hair was like yours a year ago and i have made a medium improvement using just Rogaine. I have now started Propecia and will see what the leads me.

Good luck.

metalheaddude

Reaction score

RaginDemon said:
Honestly I think your hair loss is a little advanced for the help of big 3, with NW6, it's hard to make a cosmetic difference with drugs.

Im sorry but thats way to pessimistic at this stage. Yes its serious, but he is not beyond help, he could be a super responder. You just never know until you give it a shot. I actually dont think its that bad, he can certainly improve.

markpark im just curious to know why you have taken so long to finally do something about your hairloss? Did it not bother you that much? I just dont understand why more young guys dont seek treatment for hairloss. Maybe we are just the vain ones :$

markpark

Reaction score

Its true i never did anything for just over a year,i was in denial about it all and just blamed it on my sb and thought things or hope things would get better but as time went on its so obvious to relise i had male pattern baldness .its hard to admit n saying im going bald on this forum is the first time i did admit it,its abit of a shock and i wish i could say im not vein and i handle male pattern baldness really well but sorry im not one of those people,it makes me depressed really low confidence.its funny how when i had hair i never noticed a bald guy at all,really never payed attention to it and now im always looking seeing what norwood they are and how they carry them selfes with people(getting some future tips)..anyway i don`t any bald area`s yet just thinning which hasn`t changed for over a year,my hair doesn`t shed one bit no matter how much i drag my hand threw it so just hoping proscar n rogaine foam can thicken up my hair...ps now i sooo know how guys with male pattern baldness feel even if they don`t show it :punk: ..

good luck every one...

RaginDemon

Reaction score

metalheaddude said:
RaginDemon said:

Im sorry but thats way to pessimistic at this stage. Yes its serious, but he is not beyond help, he could be a super responder. You just never know until you give it a shot. I actually dont think its that bad, he can certainly improve.

markpark im just curious to know why you have taken so long to finally do something about your hairloss? Did it not bother you that much? I just dont understand why more young guys dont seek treatment for hairloss. Maybe we are just the vain ones :$

you guys always underestimate others' situation while overestimate your own's.

without treatment, his hair will be on the NW6 scale within 1-2 yrs. I was not saying he shouldn't try the treatments, I just dont think he can reach a very satisfying results by big 3 alone. If he takes big 3 and get a good hair transplant, thats a different story.

markpark

Reaction score

MEANSTREET wow thxs for the find and your right he does have same hair as me but mines probly more advanced than his but still if my hair does half as good as that il be happy.As for hair transplant i don`t know much about it but id prefer to wait for hair cloning not to mention i couldn`t afford it lol. im really looking forward to some new treatments that hopefully will be coming out in a few years time,i just love looking at the new reasearch n discoveries,experimental forums everyday or nearly every day hoping some miracle cure has been found.

i was also wondering is it normal to have a small drop in libido after only 3days on proscar or is it all in my mind???

Sighconot

Reaction score

Mark, unless there's some seriously heavy stuff happening, 3 days is way too early to make a call about the Proscar... ride it out for a little while - often that stuff goes away real quick.

I would highly recommend Toppik to you. It might not do much for your crown right now, but it definitely could in a month or two if you get some thickening from the Big 3. Even right now though, it could really help out with your hairline... there's some decent videos on youtube, so check them out and see what you think:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WRMWAj5nbCU

RaginDemon

Reaction score

Toppik is krazy, it makes a day to night difference.

markpark

Reaction score

hey i`ve actualy bought some toppik but don`t wanna use it cause 1. i wouldn`t be able to pull it off making it look natrual 2. it feels like im faking it.

i don`t have any erection probs just felt like im not as horny lol,probly all in my mind besides even if i did get sides from proscar id never stop taking it,quality of life n being happy is more important to me then getting a boner lol. :woot:

metalheaddude

Reaction score

markpark said:
hey i`ve actualy bought some toppik but don`t wanna use it cause 1. i wouldn`t be able to pull it off making it look natrual 2. it feels like im faking it.

i don`t have any erection probs just felt like im not as horny lol,probly all in my mind besides even if i did get sides from proscar id never stop taking it,quality of life n being happy is more important to me then getting a boner lol. :woot:

I agree. Quality of life and being happy is much more important than being able to get it up on demand. Its not like it makes you completely impotent. You can still get it up just takes a little more work lol :woot:

RaginDemon

Reaction score

MEANSTREET said:
yooo dude here check this guy out. looks like u have the exact sqame kinda loss and u even look alike haha. woooo he had reallllllllllllllllly amazing results with the stuff ur on. CHECK IT. WORD

NIGHTLINE
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/Nightline/

this guy is a super responder to treatments.

metalheaddude

Reaction score

yeah ive come across that nightline guy before when ive browsing the other forum. Its pretty amazing how he grew his temples back. Just goes to prove anything is possible. Great result.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

nothing is impossible.