Masturbation and hairloss

Rumbo4

Reaction score
Hi guys, i been a lurker in these forums for a while buy i want to share my story about my hairloss, im not sure if masturbation has a correlation to it but here it is.

At age 18 i noticed my hairline around my temples were receding a bit but slowly stopped receding around 19. Since than i have not had any more recession. I am now 21 year old and since January i have experienced alot of hairloss, not alot to some people but enough for me to notice.

My hairline is around a NW1.5- 2. The only change i have had since january is getting a new girlfriend and alot of masturbation. I would say on a tipical day i would get off at least 3-4 times. My hairline receded alot.

I read on reddit that masturbation has a big impact on your hairline due to DHt being released into your body after ejaculating. I wasnt going to risk it so i stopped masturbating alot and controlled my total orgasms from 21-35 times a week to probably only 2-4 a week.

The reason i am making this thread is because my hair was falling out alot during these few months. And after stopping masturbating/ sex to a few times a week i have had significant hair regrowth around the temples and hair line, as well as hair stopping on receding. Here is a pic of my hair, please note the new hairs are alot shorter than the old ones.

I have been on rogaine for 2 years with no success other than just holding down my hairline.

Stopped masturbating hairline recession stopped/ regrowth. Btw in this pics it has only been one month since i stopped
https://imgur.com/a/kpaqk

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
You jacked off 21-35 times a week? How is your dick still attached to your body?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stopped masturbating hairline recession stopped/ regrowth. Btw in this pics it has only been one month since i stopped

Yeah that's a big "Btw".

1 month can't possibly mean anything in terms of your body adjusting hormonally, and we have no before picture to go by, this is just in your head. I mean if there is any truth behind the masturbation myth, then this isn't it.

Rumbo4

Reaction score
Sorry it should of been 3-4 times a day, so 21-28x week, and yes i know it was alot. Because change i noticed was my scalp wasnt itchy/ inflammed anymore. And for the hair growth that is shown there one month sounds good. Im they type if guy who if the hair recedes, its completly bald, yet you can see thick hair growth now

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Any pics of your hair at it's worst. You need those for comparison. Regrowth isn't about "what you feel" or "what you think" is going on. It's about actual regrowth which cannot be measured without pics.

Hairon

Established Member
Reaction score
It's true, masturbating accelerates male pattern baldness, but that's just like having sex, it's not worth stoping it just because the side effect, on the other hand, masturbating 50 times a week... well that might be a little too much

Hairon

Established Member
Reaction score
As far as I am informed there is no correlation. What the f*Ck is wrong with you people?!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I get it, you can't get laid so you want everyone else not get laid.

GOOOOOOD!

There is because it is true that your body releases DHT when you ejaculate, research it online you'll find plenty of information about it.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
The most people who get bald are those who get recently married.
That means their sexually active life has some reason to it.

Those who deny masterbation and hairloss connections are those who are unable to digest simple correlation or not want to do retrospective analysis of hairloss of newly married men who will go nw6 in just few years after marriage who have never lost a micro centimeters of hairline before marriage even at age 30.
Masterbation before 25 is some what difficult maybe because of unable to get privacy as most home's in India have 2 bhk and atleast 4/5 people living.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm doing nofap now (see my sig) and i notice no difference.

Though my male pattern baldness is slow, my hair is short and curly, so I wouldn't notice it regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

There is because it is true that your body releases DHT when you ejaculate, research it online you'll find plenty of information about it.

How much DHT?

- - - Updated - - -

The most people who get bald are those who get recently married.
That means their sexually active life has some reason to it.

Those who deny masterbation and hairloss connections are those who are unable to digest simple correlation or not want to do retrospective analysis of hairloss of newly married men who will go nw6 in just few years after marriage who have never lost a micro centimeters of hairline before marriage even at age 30.
Masterbation before 25 is some what difficult maybe because of unable to get privacy as most home's in India have 2 bhk and atleast 4/5 people living.

You can't just claim a correlation, it has to be demonstrated.

hair_fighter

Reaction score
I'm doing nofap now (see my sig) and i notice no difference.

Though my male pattern baldness is slow, my hair is short and curly, so I wouldn't notice it regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

How much DHT?

- - - Updated - - -

You can't just claim a correlation, it has to be demonstrated.

It's simple for guys with male pattern baldness gene, masturbation accelerates male pattern baldness, for guys without male pattern baldness, masturbation doesn't f**k hair at all....

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's simple for guys with male pattern baldness gene, masturbation accelerates male pattern baldness, for guys without male pattern baldness, masturbation doesn't f**k hair at all....

You can't just claim stuff without evidence.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
So now thinning guys can't get laid and JERK off?
It's becoming difficult.

BaldingTeen

Reaction score
My story cut short mate. I was introduced to masturbation when I was around 8-12 years old by some spoiled teens, ever since I've been addicted to masturbation. I used to masturbate to a maximum of 3 times a day, and mostly everyday. A few months of masturbation (was in 4th grade at this point) and my eyes became bad. Today, my eyesight is worse, much worse.
I noticed a lot of flaking of my scalp , but thought its just dandruff, then a few months ago I began losing hair just by rubbing my fingers over it, and right now, a LOT of hair falls out, probably same reason. I did read that DHT impacts hair loss, and by the way, I'm just 16.
Good to see I'm not alone. I'm also trying to go nofap, wish me luck.

Anyway, did you try any medication before hair began growing back? Any shampoos or hair products?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My story cut short mate. I was introduced to masturbation when I was around 8-12 years old by some spoiled teens, ever since I've been addicted to masturbation. I used to masturbate to a maximum of 3 times a day, and mostly everyday. A few months of masturbation (was in 4th grade at this point) and my eyes became bad. Today, my eyesight is worse, much worse.
I noticed a lot of flaking of my scalp , but thought its just dandruff, then a few months ago I began losing hair just by rubbing my fingers over it, and right now, a LOT of hair falls out, probably same reason. I did read that DHT impacts hair loss, and by the way, I'm just 16.
Good to see I'm not alone. I'm also trying to go nofap, wish me luck.

Anyway, did you try any medication before hair began growing back? Any shampoos or hair products?

My eyesight also worsened around puberty, but before I started jerking off.

Shampoos don't matter much, but there are reports that Nizoral provides a very small improvement.

BaldingTeen

Reaction score
My eyesight also worsened around puberty, but before I started jerking off.

Shampoos don't matter much, but there are reports that Nizoral provides a very small improvement.

I think I'll stop jacking off for a few months and look for a difference. Although, a doctor, or claiming-to-be-a-doctor, said fish oil would work, so I've been taking a couple everyday, which did seem to help, small hairs began growing where it had been wiped.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I'll stop jacking off for a few months and look for a difference. Although, a doctor, or claiming-to-be-a-doctor, said fish oil would work, so I've been taking a couple everyday, which did seem to help, small hairs began growing where it had been wiped.

Is this person a real doctor or not? Did you see him as a patient or on a youtube video?

There are lots of anecdotal reports of fatty acids either helping with hair loss or doing nothing. If by omega-3 you mean fish oil supplements, you should be taking them for general health as there is good evidence they help with general health. There is no evidence that they help with hair.

BaldingTeen

Reaction score
Is this person a real doctor or not? Did you see him as a patient or on a youtube video?

There are lots of anecdotal reports of fatty acids either helping with hair loss or doing nothing. If by omega-3 you mean fish oil supplements, you should be taking them for general health as there is good evidence they help with general health. There is no evidence that they help with hair.

It was on youtube, and he also mentioned natural solutions like Saw Palmetto(Natural DHT blocker), pumpkin seed oil and increased intake of Zinc.
Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ryLzrvXib4