MDV (the most powerful AR antagonist ?)

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
see this -- reading the section on hairloss too by UCLAF.

http://www.avacor.com/blog/tag/mdv3100/

anyone thought about triying it..we might get Kane to produce. Let's be honest, apart from minoxidil, only anti-androgen have shown effectiveness and I am not counting on PGD2 inhibitors to work.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
..yeah, things are popping up all over the place....I think at this stage, I might be inclined to hair transplant my front, let the crown go away and live with that until they get this thing licked....Things are moving so fast I am totally confident they will find out how to nail this down, but it will take time...and time is of the essence for some of us who are thinning aggressively

resu

Reaction score
No doubt that the future hair loss treatments will all be topical.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
triple acting AR antagonists lol thats crazy. actually injections are superior to topical, but likely wont supercede them because once you inject the average lay person needs a professional to do so, and needing a professional is paying the medical professional for their labor/knowledge/expertise in addition to paying for the drug that constitutes the treatment, so will always be more expensive than topicals, and thus less popular for that simple reason

Sparky4444

Reaction score
triple acting AR antagonists lol thats crazy. actually injections are superior to topical, but likely wont supercede them because once you inject the average lay person needs a professional to do so, and needing a professional is paying the medical professional for their labor/knowledge/expertise in addition to paying for the drug that constitutes the treatment, so will always be more expensive than topicals, and thus less popular for that simple reason

if it works the best, people will do it....I think we've established how desperate people become when they start losing their hair

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WHY IS IT THAT EVERY TIME YOU GUYS HAVE TO POST NON-SENSE AND DERAIL THE CONVERSATION ?
Who asked you about your plans for your hair, or whether you think the cure will come soon. I was here to discuss the most potent anti-androgen known to date, it is better than castration.
I wanted some thoughts on that.
Here is why I am curious: Not even one report mentions sexual side effects, not one. Which to me is puzzling. I contacted the company asking them why they did not report, they got back to me telling me to call them. But now I have to do some research before I do.
Note that this drug was approved for advanced prostate cancer. I am thinking maybe they don't mention sexual sides (but they do mention fatigue) because this is given to people who already got either chemical castrated or had a some operation on their prostate that already made them impotent.

resu

Reaction score
WHY IS IT THAT EVERY TIME YOU GUYS HAVE TO POST NON-SENSE AND DERAIL THE CONVERSATION ?
Who asked you about your plans for your hair, or whether you think the cure will come soon. I was here to discuss the most potent anti-androgen known to date, it is better than castration.
I wanted some thoughts on that.
Here is why I am curious: Not even one report mentions sexual side effects, not one. Which to me is puzzling. I contacted the company asking them why they did not report, they got back to me telling me to call them. But now I have to do some research before I do.
Note that this drug was approved for advanced prostate cancer. I am thinking maybe they don't mention sexual sides (but they do mention fatigue) because this is given to people who already got either chemical castrated or had a some operation on their prostate that already made them impotent.

Quit your yapping.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
here's the answer. end of the story.
http://prostatesnatchers.blogspot.com/2012_09_01_archive.html

"Actually Xtandi does have a significant side effect profile. However, the side effects were completely masked because all the men being tested in the study—the men taking placebo and the men taking Xtandi—were also taking Lupron to block their testosterone. So the typical side effects of blocking testosterone (low libido, hot flashes and fatigue) already preexisted in everyone in the study. Therefore Xtandi’s side effects were “cloaked” by the Lupron."

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how are you going to work around its 5 day half life? do you want enzalutimide going systemic and degrading ARs in your body?

abcdefg

Reaction score
I would not mess with that unless its approved for hair loss way too many questions with it and it sounds pretty powerful/dangerous. If CB 03 01 fails this is another possible powerful treatment for male pattern baldness, but it needs to be tested and studied a lot first so again its going to be years before this happens. Its not worth risking this stuff going systemic though before its tested since it could be very dangerous.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Short of having prostate cancer I cant see why anyone would ever mess with this stuff. Although I will admit it sounds like it would do a good job at stopping androgens from destroying your hair but at what cost? Sounds pretty powerful but probably would go systemic.

abcdefg

Reaction score
It also mentions this other molecule that also nearly completely stops androgens from receptors - VN/124-1