Mdv3100 (enzalutamide) - Superstrong Antiandrogen Topical

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
MDV-3100 (Enzalutamide) - triple action AR antagonist

F_10286.jpg

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzalutamide)

MECHANISM OF ACTION

1) Blocks binding of DHT to the androgen receptor
2) Impedes movement of the AR into the cell nucleus
3) Reduces ability of AR to interact with DNA

See image (click to open):
MDV-3100-Mechanism-of-Action-fullsize.jpg

USAGE GUIDELINES

Frequency of application: 2-3x weekly due to long serum half-life
Dosage per application: to be determined

The ideal dose will be determined through user experimentation but will also likely remain somewhat individual.

A good starting percentage is 2%, which depending on the amount of scalp to be covered, can be between 20 - 60 mg of MDV used per application.

HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?
Of course, it depends how much is used. As an example, when used at 2%, with 3 mL to cover the entire scalp, means using about 60 mg, and due to the half-life not recommended to use more than 2-3x weekly, 5 g would last you approx. 250 days (>8 months).

STORAGE (IMPORTANT!)
Just like with similar anti-androgens, the raw powder should ideally be kept in a freezer at a temperature of -20°c (-4°F), in which conditions it can last up to 3 years.
(reference: http://www.selleckchem.com/products/MDV3100.html)

The finished solution should be kept refrigerated (-4°c / 24.8°F) in batches up to 2 weeks.
(reference: http://www.eurodiagnostico.com/media/pdf/MDV3100 (Enzalutamide).pdf)

MAKING A SOLUTION
KNOWN SOLVENTS: PEG (polyethylene glycol)-400, DMSO
WILL NOT DISSOLVE IN ETHANOL!

VEHICLE 1
30% PEG-400
40% Ethanol 96%
30% Distilled water

VEHICLE 2
10% DMSO
70% Ethanol 96%
20% Distilled water

VEHICLE 3
20% PEG-400
30% Ethanol 96%
30% Propylene glycol
20% Distilled water

ORIGINAL THREAD

I was doing some research and came across this relatively new anti-androgen called Enzalutamide, codename MDV3100.

A post on baldtruthtaIk by a guy named Xandrus who claimed using it went relatively under the radar:
https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threads/23023-My-treatment-works-only-RU58841-5-10-and-MDV3100-2

10288705_324835967670107_2909875748258269360_n.jpg
->
149725_10151364342286675_1541304516_n.jpg

(I took the liberty of linking to his progress photos, hope you don't mind, if you are reading this, Xandrus)

He claims using a 2% solution of MDV3100 returned him from NW4 to NW2 in 5 months. The best part is he only used this 3x weekly, every OTHER week. So basically, he used this stuff only 6x a month, in combination with RU58841 (prior to that he used RU alone and got no regrowth).

He made a topical solution with Alcohol, glycerol and water after buying the chemical from AliBaba.

MDV3100 is a very powerful antiandrogen, more powerful than RU58841 and with better and stronger effects that most typical anti-androgens cannot achieve (it actually has potential for regrowth, that is how powerful it is):
http://www.avacor.com/blog/hair-regrowth/the-future-of-hair-regrowth-part-2-–-next-generation-ar-antagonists/

And, best of all, he claims no side effects. After this post he disappeared from the forum - perhaps this man really cured himself and has no reason to come back there anymore. I wonder if he kept using the stuff and is maybe a NW1 now in 2017.

The stuff is fairly expensive to buy in one chunk but comes out to about 50$ monthly at the dosing that he used.

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen this thread of his... don't know why nothing ever came of it. @Swoop and company - what's with this stuff?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a non steroidal anti androgen used for prostate cancer treatment. It's an androgen receptor blocker kinda comparable to bicalutamide (Casodex) with a much better binding infinity. The drug has a pretty decent half life of 7 to 10 days, the side effects are pretty close to bicalutamide. The brand is called Xtandi, not sure if it even works locally to be honest. It is not the strongest anti androgen, not even comparable to Cyproterone.

Side effects would be comparable with other androgen receptor blockers, elevated testosterone, elevated estradiol, gynocomastia, cognitive disorders, fatigue, and I think it can cause seizures.

Putting aside the theory for a minute there.

It's a shame this guy isn't around. He clearly tried topical application and claims results without side effects. Even though I find it hard to believe, it IS possible. If you look at the second link I posted, the researchers even hint at the possibility of topical application for hair loss in their patent.
There is often quite a disconnect between the theoretical effects of something and the empirical reality - sometimes even one that can work in our favor. He seems to be the only one that has tried this, perhaps, as unlikely as it sounds on paper, it might be worth trying. There are just so many hoops to jump through as far as actually obtaining and using the stuff. I do agree that the seizure stuff sounds worrying though.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe he couldn't post because of the seizure...

Jokes aside it sounds super interesting. I will keep it in mind as a nuclear option.

@ForeverLacey you are super helpful. Thank you!

@antydhtor ?

Last edited:

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
So do we ask for a volunteer or randomly selected one of the members here to act as guinea pig? ;)

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So do we ask for a volunteer or randomly selected one of the members here to act as guinea pig? ;)

I'm a relatively crazy mf so I'd do it, but I just shelled out for 10 g of RU 2 weeks ago and am strapped for cash at the moment.
Plus, our customs are very trigger happy at seizing weird stuff from China, not sure it would pass.
I am keeping it in mind if RU fails to maintain, it will probably be my go-to.

resu

Reaction score
I'm a relatively crazy mf so I'd do it, but I just shelled out for 10 g of RU 2 weeks ago and am strapped for cash at the moment.
Plus, our customs are very trigger happy at seizing weird stuff from China, not sure it would pass.
I am keeping it in mind if RU fails to maintain, it will probably be my go-to.

Customs block almost everything I order from outside the EU, I can only imagine what it would be like if they received some mysterious white powder from China.

TylerDurdenn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I might have been interested in trying this out, seems alot safer to take some topical than oral, but im no expert at this.. But i would have no idea to get my hands on this stuff. Shame his not around anymore, would be good to know how he is today

peewee

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in this as well but I just bought 20g ru and my dutasteride is at 1.25mg per day and this stuff ain't cheap. Thing is I keep shedding.
Be great if this guy could come here and give more info on it.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the funds so I'll make a few grams purchase. The issue is finding a reputable source. There are numerous sellers on Alibaba and after checking they have prices all over the place ranging from 30 to 65 dollars a gram. It doesn't seem expensive as claimed so I'm a bit skeptical.

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
I might have been interested in trying this out, seems alot safer to take some topical than oral, but im no expert at this.. But i would have no idea to get my hands on this stuff. Shame his not around anymore, would be good to know how he is today

Unfortunately once a topical is mixed for penetrating the skin, it often goes systematic. Which is why a lot of people wont touch research drugs, topical or oral.

TylerDurdenn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But what if u use it in minimal doses? Like with alpicort that whatevr used, lets say you only apply it on a very small area, and then you go to the next area to regrow this aswell and stopped applying where u allready regrowth? If finasteride could hold on to these hair it could be a solutuon? Better than applying these crazy drugs ALL over ur scalp at one i guess

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
But what if u use it in minimal doses? Like with alpicort that whatevr used, lets say you only apply it on a very small area, and then you go to the next area to regrow this aswell and stopped applying where u allready regrowth? If finasteride could hold on to these hair it could be a solutuon? Better than applying these crazy drugs ALL over ur scalp at one i guess

Due to the molecular weight it's pretty close to approaching the 500 dalton rule for absoprtion, wouldn't be absorbed very easily, one could modify the absorption with vehicle perhaps, which would mean maybe more of it would get absorbed down via the hair shafts(I don't know if this is possible) rather than through the skin.

If the guy claims no sides who knows maybe it's possible, I doubt he wouldn't notice serious side effects. But going to NW4 to NW2 is surely impressive I don't know many drugs that can do that.

When I have a bunch of extra cash I will try to obtain some. I'm a NW2 and with this I could get to NW1 for sure.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep us posted if you go this route, I just started to experiment with RU so if it doesn't go well it would be nice to try another topical

Prada1

Established Member
Reaction score
To avoid it from going systemic, couldn't you "cycle" it maybe? Im assuming it goes systemic after a while?