Member of our site on Daily Mail?

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cassin said:
Nashville Hairline said:
I just read this and wondered was it her. Definitely GeminiX.

Good to see she's doing well but slightly disappointed if she's done a formal interview with the Daily Mail..they are one of, if not THE worst papers for hounding balding celebs.

Is that why so many British posters are obsessed with bald celebrities? I have always wondered that.
I dont think so. I havent noticed British posters being any better or worse with discussing bald celebs than North American posters.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
Nashville Hairline said:
I just read this and wondered was it her. Definitely GeminiX.

Good to see she's doing well but slightly disappointed if she's done a formal interview with the Daily Mail..they are one of, if not THE worst papers for hounding balding celebs.

You're quite right too, even though as it turns out the reception was pretty good (I got off lightly), the press agency who sold my story to them did so without my permission or with the correct story; it's a bodged paraphrase of some of earlier stories which have run.
Ah, good to know..I figured it would be something like that. Yes, their piece was pretty kind and even The Sun behaved themselves! (some of the comments below are more what I expected)

Best of luck with your new found fame.

Cassin

Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
cassin said:
[quote="Nashville Hairline":tliwzqij]I just read this and wondered was it her. Definitely GeminiX.

Is that why so many British posters are obsessed with bald celebrities? I have always wondered that.
I dont think so. I havent noticed British posters being any better or worse with discussing bald celebs than North American posters.[/quote:tliwzqij]
I have :)

GeminiX

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Danielle, I think the main draw for the media was that you were a millionaire( or maybe you still are :) ) and used alot of your finances to become a women. I wonder if they still would have been just as interested if you were never a millionaire. Regardless, in some cases money can buy you "happiness". I think in your case it may have bought you some but I know society did not make it so easy for you to find your happiness.

At my job, I met a very interesting family. Both siblings were transgender. One transgendered from male to female. The other is a teen going from female to male. I think the siblings are like 20 years apart. Do you think in this case the older sibling may have some influence on the younger sibling? How common is this?

They do seem fascinated that even "rich" people can be transsexual, though I think the angle of my once being homeless is probably more interesting and hopefully inspirational.

I have no data on how common transsexualism is in siblings, though I've never heard of it before so I feel it's quite rare. As for the influence part, I can't say. The current available evidence indicates that it's caused by a medical condition that is triggered while we're in the womb; that being said, there are no-doubt some people who are misdiagnosed and have more complex psychological issues that merely present as clinical transsexualism. Not that I'm suggesting that this is the case for the family you met, just that it may be possible.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
GeminiX said:
[quote="Nashville Hairline":3qgsvqsx]I just read this and wondered was it her. Definitely GeminiX.

You're quite right too, even though as it turns out the reception was pretty good (I got off lightly), the press agency who sold my story to them did so without my permission or with the correct story; it's a bodged paraphrase of some of earlier stories which have run.
Ah, good to know..I figured it would be something like that. Yes, their piece was pretty kind and even The Sun behaved themselves! (some of the comments below are more what I expected)

Best of luck with your new found fame.[/quote:3qgsvqsx]

Had a very amusing incident last night at my hotel actually, while sitting in the restaurant; a group opposite me were reading The Star and were reading my story in it, then they looked up and did a double take, then huddled amongst themselves, trying to decide whether to approach me or not....

I bought a new pen in case I get asked for autographs lol